Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Warrior "Starskie"

Hey Flash , about these shaft...

would this mean that both tapered and standard shaft and blade will be 1100 but just with different paint!?

I was totally in love with kovalev's shaft hope these graphic are the same! black and gold!

Too bad the shafts seem to be the same. I liked them except for the torque issue many have reported. I especially had problems with the novius standard shaft. I havn't tried the tapered versions to see if they suffer from it.

was at perani's today and saw the warrior pro return. they had:

shanny's, very boxy. it must have been built like his classics

draper's, starksy paint job and rounded

maltby's, had soft grip felt real nice.

i was impressed with the paint job. the price on all of them was $159.99. not bad, but you could get an inno 1100 for $149.99.

about the blade's checker board. last spring i spoke with the same guy as Flash and he said that ALL inno's blades for '06 would have the the large checker board.

so are all of the sticks gonna be out in time for Xmass?

if they are i kno with a paint job lyk that ther definetly on my wish list

No,only the Starskie

Hey Flash , about these shaft...

would this mean that both tapered and standard shaft and blade will be 1100 but just with different paint!?

I was totally in love with kovalev's shaft hope these graphic are the same! black and gold!

That was my understanding about the shafts - just 1100's with new paint jobs. If any improvements have been made relative the recent Inno models (ie torquing) it was not mentioned.

As far as the AK27 is concerned, he mentioned that it would be a paint job similar to Kovalev's pro shaft (gold and black) with an "AK27" stamp.

I was told the same thing about the weave pattern being on all of the blades (this was planned before Inno was aquired by Warrior).

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the Inno-inspired idea to retail various blade patterns with different lies (ie different lies for the same curve) has been abandoned.

They do customs though.

As in custom patterns or custom lie? Basically, you choose one of their three blade patterns and then tell them what lie you want it in. I have seen pro returns though that differ from those three patterns. You can check them out at http://www.bbsticks.com/

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I realized you weren't asking a question, but stating a fact. Do you know what the deal is on their customs?

flash,

please clarify on the blades. are they still going to be making blades for retail?

Yes, they will still be making blades available for retail per my earlier post. Dolomite blades are tapered and AK27 blades are standard - they just won't making individual curves in multiple lies. As far as the patterns are concerned, he said 7 will be available, many of which existed under the Inno name (ie Kovalev still a Drury clone thankfully, Jovanovski still a Lidstrom clone), but I don't have the list of the 7.

so i just got off the phone with hockey monkey (arrgggh, dont ask) and heres what i got, flash said some of it above:

kovalev: drury

jovanovski: lidstrom

fedorov: modan-ish

draper: sakic-ish

smyth: she said yzerman, but i dont know, she said that the warrior patterns are very unique

also i forgot to ask about the grip, is it the sand paper grip like inno or is it like the easton clear grip?

also i forgot to ask about the grip, is it the sand paper grip like inno or is it like the easton clear grip?

I am guessing here as I did not inquire, but I expect both acrylic finish and soft grip will be available (perhaps not on all sticks). I'd be surprised to see Polar Fiber as I don't think Inno was making this the last couple of years (or at least last year).

Maybe its just me and the time period that I grew up but the Red warrior reminds me of the car from the TV series Starsky and Hutch.

OK its late :)