Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeremytai

Base Layer

I'm heading to a hockey camp this summer and will be on the ice 3 times/day. Wondering what undergarment/base layer wicks the best as well as drys out quickly?

the only thing i wear under my equipment are socks on my feet. if i have multiple ice times in a tourney or something i just try drying my stuff out well, but my shoulder pads and elbow pads arent a problem they dry quick but the shinpads usually take a while. a bunch of guys i know use the under armour stuff and they say it feels great under the equipment and dries out pretty fast.

I'm a socks guy, I used under armour and it dried out well, did all it was supposed to do. I just couldn't get used to it.

Only Under Armour socks for me but they are just great.

i wear t-shirts, i just change them after every ice time if im on the ice more than once per day. Down under i wear polyesther shorts with vent holes.

I use under armour heat gear (tight t-shirt i think) and wear Bauer leggings. They are the leggings that come with the upper shirt that has a neck guard attached to it. ill probably cut that off though and just wear the shirt.

Guest phillyfan

UA for the top half of my body, some short of sorts under the girdle, and just socks on skates, nothing fancy.

Reebok NFL Equipment and the CCM NHL apparel which is the same as Nike Dri-Fit which is the same as Under Armour, which is the same as...you know the rest.

Power Shorts (jsut general compression shorts) then a WikMax Jock with garter belts things on it. For the top, I use a mesh Nike sleeveless shirt.

pretty much anything that is made with polypropelyne or polyester is going to have better moisture wicking properties than cotton so you're good with whatever. UA feels very silky and is nice to wear but costs a lot.