Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

One if by land, two if by slapper...

I'm late, as usual, getting my reservations in for the show. What hotels are you guys using? It looks like there are only a couple that are on-site or within a couple blocks. I'm waiting for some feedback from the family experts on Boston before getting my reservations.

As we get closer we can use this topic to arrange the chance for MSH members to meet while we're up there.

Most of the hotels are around $500-600 a night in Boston and usually have no vacancy.You would have better luck staying outside of Boston,like in Braintree or something.How close is the Convention Center to the Boston Commons?My brothers dorm is only like 30 ft from Cheers.

We always lived about 30+ miles out of the city, so I actually don't know the city well enough to know how close the hotels listed on the One Goal website are to the Convention Center. I also don't know whether I'll be staying at a hotel during the show, although I probably will. My buddies live just over the border in Southern NH, which is about forty minutes away with no traffic, but I might stay in Boston for the two nights.

To tell the truth, the rates they have listed on their site aren't that bad for a major city.

To tell the truth, the rates they have listed on their site aren't that bad for a major city.

I was just playing around on travelocity to get some rates but there aren't many places very close to the convention center that I could find.

I have ridden the 'T' a few times in the past, and it seems to be a decent transit system. I think you'd be able to take a hotel away from downtown but still get to the convention center easily enough.

I'd have to crash at someone's dorm. I figure girls at BC or BU would suffice because I'm not touching a Harvard bird.

I'd have to crash at someone's dorm.  I figure girls at BC or BU would suffice because I'm not touching a Harvard bird.

Back in the early eighties we visited a friend's sister who was going to Hampstead College (I think) in Springfield, Mass.

This came on the heels of the 70's when some colleges were tying to foster healthy interaction between the sexes. Some colleges had co-ed dorms, where the men were on one floor and the women on another. Well, Hampstead College and others took this philosophy a step further and made the bathrooms co-ed.

Which means that you could come out of your shower with a towel wrapped around yourself, and the hottest girl in the dorm could come out of the shower next to you with a towel wrapped around herself, and in a few short seconds if she needed a place to hang her towel, I'm quite confident there'd be one. B)

I'd have to crash at someone's dorm.  I figure girls at BC or BU would suffice because I'm not touching a Harvard bird.

Good luck crashing at a BU dorm. Worst guest policy of all time.

Edit- The T is trash. The green line is slower than the bus when it's above ground and the red line never comes.

Chadd,

I got into Boston Park Plaza for about $120/night just last week. See show website because the lady quoted me $260 before I said whoah!! I have no idea how close to BCC but we're in! The Marriott was sold out.

some of the Park Plaza rooms are small!! woo...was there in September...found a sitting room that was unlocked but don't think was mine...

Good luck crashing at a BU dorm. Worst guest policy of all time.

Edit- The T is trash. The green line is slower than the bus when it's above ground and the red line never comes.

The T beats taxis or the heel-toe ticket.

some of the Park Plaza rooms are small!! woo...was there in September...found a sitting room that was unlocked but don't think was mine...

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm bringing the other half that ought to make for a smooth weekend!

I will not be attending the show. I am very upset right now but what can I do.

And it's not like I will be able to see any of the new stuff - I don't sit in on rep meetings. So...it comes out in the spring for me too.

I will not be attending the show. I am very upset right now but what can I do.

And it's not like I will be able to see any of the new stuff - I don't sit in on rep meetings. So...it comes out in the spring for me too.

Take a "sick" day from work and be sick in Boston!

It has nothing to do with getting time off. Money is really tight right now and I just can't afford it. I am going to Orlando for Xmas and that killed my budget...

A couple of things:

1. Can we get an official headcount?

2. What night would everyone prefer to get together for an MSH gathering?

3. Should we arrange MSH appointments or is everyone covered with their own meetings?

I'm still at 90% sure right now. Management has given the green light, but I'm trying to figure out accommodations with family in the Boston area.

Also, I registered online and they have not provided any further information.

Anyone know the procedure? Are we supposed to receive confirmation from them, or are they mailing passes?

Back in the early eighties we visited a friend's sister who was going to Hampstead College (I think) in Springfield, Mass.

This came on the heels of the 70's when some colleges were tying to foster healthy interaction between the sexes. Some colleges had co-ed dorms, where the men were on one floor and the women on another. Well, Hampstead College and others took this philosophy a step further and made the bathrooms co-ed.

Which means that you could come out of your shower with a towel wrapped around yourself, and the hottest girl in the dorm could come out of the shower next to you with a towel wrapped around herself, and in a few short seconds if she needed a place to hang her towel, I'm quite confident there'd be one. B)

Im abit late with this one but LMAO!

One Goal has not replied to my queries. I've never attended a show before, and their site lacks info. Are they supposed to send us an information package after we register online? Anyone...?