Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

I updated to 2.02 tonight....glad I only have an 8G...it takes forever to backup/restore everything. I downloaded a really cool free app. Baseball. Basically it has every team/player from the 1800's right to 2007. It doesn't even require web...it's all self contained. 15M...not too bad.

I looked around iStore for something similar for Hockey...but didn't find one...does anyone know if such a thing exists?

There are only a couple of apps for hockey but nothing like that. The NHL should come up with an app like MLB did. I would be willing to pay the 4,99$ for it.

There are only a couple of apps for hockey but nothing like that. The NHL should come up with an app like MLB did. I would be willing to pay the 4,99$ for it.

im sure they will once the season gets under way...

It's not an MLB app. A guy named Mark Knopper did it using stats from baseball1.com

He has a credits page where it says he had permission from the teams to use names/logos...but there is no MLB mention.

I had a hard time searching for it, so I'm not sure if there is anything posted on it. Does anyone have Apple TV? A buddy of mine has it down at school and was telling me about it. Sounds interesting to say the least, but I'm not sure if I'm wanting to drop $200+ on it.

It's not bad, but there are some things that could be better. I tried renting HD stuff on it and it played smoothly, even playing it as it finished downloading with nary a skip or stutter to be had. It sucked coming only in stereo and not 5.1.

Hey guys, i'm selling my ipod nano that i have already registered. It's still under the 1 year warranty. I've never had to deal with warranty myself so i'm not clear on what the procedure is. Do i give the buyer some kind of code or something?

hey i own a touch 8gb, and i recently updated itunes to 8(i think) but when i plugged the ipod into the computer, it comes up like 'do you want to erase and sync this library' like i connected it to a different computer?

any ideas??

when i do that, a box comes up saying 'this ipod is synced with another computer bah blah' but i havent got any songs in my itunes library (which is stupid cause i knew something like this would happen).

That shouldn't affect your music, all my iPods have been set up like that. That way when I use my iPod and plug it into my brother's computer i can drag and drop music no problem then plug it into my computer and take it off my iPod and it is then in my library.

so i fixed my above problem, but now i gots a new one. i used a program called tuneaid to transfer the music from my ipod to my itunes library, but ALOT of the songs are incorrectly named, anyone got a program that i could use to correct this rather then go through 800 odd songs and correctly name them??

thanks, eddy

ok guys, need some help. I get no sound out of my 30 gb video. The song will be playing on the screen but I can't get sound out of my dock or multiple pairs of headphones i have tried. I tried resetting the ipod through itunes but no go. I had it working for a day but after the first time I used it it was back to no sound. wierd huh? any ideas?

Have you tried just resetting the iPod itself, not through iTunes?

Reset

To reset your iPod

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

So...I go to open iTunes and I get a message that says I need a newer version of Quicktime...(7.5.5) adn that I only have 7.1.3...but when I open QT...it says I have 7.5.5.

What the hell...I re-download iTunes....run it...and it still says the same thing.

Anyone?

[EDIT] n/m...re-installed iTunes 2x and re-installed QT and now it works.

ok guys, need some help. I get no sound out of my 30 gb video. The song will be playing on the screen but I can't get sound out of my dock or multiple pairs of headphones i have tried. I tried resetting the ipod through itunes but no go. I had it working for a day but after the first time I used it it was back to no sound. wierd huh? any ideas?

You need to boot your ipod into diagnostic mode.

hold the menu button and the center button down until the ipod resets. as soon as you see the apple logo, hold down the center button and the left arrow button until you hear the ipod beep and boot to the diagnostic screen.

hit the menu button to choose manual test, then choose IO. choose the HeadphoneDetect test, and have a set of headphones ready.

it starts out with

present: 0

hold: 0

plug your headphones in and it should say

present: 1

hold: 0

when you unplug them, it should say

present: 0

hold: 1

if that test fails, looks like the headphone connection circuitry is dead.

I have a question about my iTunes when i'm importing music. I have the import settings at AAC 320kbps for importing CDs. I imported a CD yesterday and it seemed to make the file sizes considerably smaller than the CD i imported today. For example, yesterday's 3:27 song is 8 MB and today's 3:31 song is 15.4 MB. Does the file size reflect how complex the song is? The only thing i can think of is that today's CD is chinese democracy and maybe because of all the editing Axl did, that might have something to do with it. Anyone know?