Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

In the itunes store click on your account email in the top right corner. It will bring up your profile and you can view your purchase history, and there should be a place in there to inquire/change any orders.

In the itunes store click on your account email in the top right corner. It will bring up your profile and you can view your purchase history, and there should be a place in there to inquire/change any orders.

Awesome, thanks alot furlanitalia!!

Any idea if the release of the 32GB iPhone in two weeks means a that a 32 GB iPod Touch will be available for release at this time as well?

Thanks in advance.

If anyone wants to get the 3.0 update for iPod Touch and iPhone for free ;)

Video With Links

I have tried this and it does indeed work.

I have yet to try this...but a friend did. Make sure you've got the newest iTunes before you start or it craps out and you have to restore your device.

It appears my iPod/iTunes will not take this downloaded upgrade. Under the Summary tab...there is no option for "Check for Update"...just "Update" that goes into the iTunes Store portal and doesn't bring up a search box.

d'oh!

Video With Links

I don't understand. I just plugged into iTunes and it started downloading 3.0. I didn't notice anything saying I'd be charged for it.

Video With Links

I don't understand. I just plugged into iTunes and it started downloading 3.0. I didn't notice anything saying I'd be charged for it.

Same here. I did mine and my brothers and it said nothing about it costing something. I thought it said is was a free update on the Apple website.

If the device is new...the upgrade is free (my understanding anyway). You have to pay if you've got a 1st Gen device.

Hold Shift when you press 'Update' btw...

My forward and back buttons are now disabled with the 3.0 upgrade to mobile Safari.

Mine work fine...but I'm not seeing the C&P feature...at least not in the Note Pad.

My forward and back buttons are now disabled with the 3.0 upgrade to mobile Safari.

Mine work fine...but I'm not seeing the C&P feature...at least not in the Note Pad.

My C&P works with a quick double tap. I tried restoring last night witout success on the browser.

My C&P works with a quick double tap. I tried restoring last night witout success on the browser.

Ah...cool thanks.

the only upgrades i appreciate about the 3GS so far is the increased hard drive space and the integration of nike+, which should have been done on the 3G to begin with.

I know its nothing to do with itunes and ipods but i figured throw it inhere rather than start a new thread. In safari on my mac, the refresh command is command + r, and i read that i can change this to f5 by adding it in keyboard shortcuts, but i did this and it hasn't worked. any ideas?

thanks

the only upgrades i appreciate about the 3GS so far is the increased hard drive space and the integration of nike+, which should have been done on the 3G to begin with.

To be honest a couple more features would have been nice, but the camera is definitely an improvement and the thing sure is snappy with webpages, apps, and overall feel. Really restores how quick the original was on firmware 1.0. Either way, the 3GS is definitely a sweet improvement over that stupid interim blackberry I was using.

Damn computers...for no apparent reason...itunes wouldn't open tonight...so I re-download it...and install...and it says I don't have Quicktime...(I CLEARLY have QT)...so I have to uninstall botr...then re-download the packaged software...now I'm re-installing both.

Hopefully re-syncing will save me from totally rebuilding the libraries I had built in itunes.

[EDIT] Hmmm....it appears to have refound all my settings/libraries...I take back everything bad I said about 'puters!

I have a first gen touch...I've downloaded the CIBC banking app, but I'm wondering if the security is a function of the app or the device. Is the wifi on the newer gen better than the old ones. Doing banking online is one thing...but wireless seems like it has more potential for issues.

didnt know there was an ipod thread, but just saw it now in recent posts.

i didnt have time to read thru it, but what should i go if my new gen. ipod touch wont turn on.

everytime i try to it lights up the apple logo in the background, but right after shuts off.

thx!

didnt know there was an ipod thread, but just saw it now in recent posts.

i didnt have time to read thru it, but what should i go if my new gen. ipod touch wont turn on.

everytime i try to it lights up the apple logo in the background, but right after shuts off.

thx!

If it's still under warranty, take it to an apple store. they're really good about fixing/replacing broken apple hardware.

If it's not you might want to try forcing it into DFU mode (search youtube for video, it involves holding the home and power buttons together for a certain duration I can't remember off the top of my head) and doing a restore of the firmware. Also this could really f up your touch if done wrong so do it as a last resort.

I have a first gen touch...I've downloaded the CIBC banking app, but I'm wondering if the security is a function of the app or the device. Is the wifi on the newer gen better than the old ones. Doing banking online is one thing...but wireless seems like it has more potential for issues.

Any banking app on the iphone/touch/ipad will be secure, the banks wouldn't put it out if it weren't.

However, one possible security risk is if you have jailbroken touch with ssh and haven't changed your default root password. A hacker could connect to your phone and access any files that your banking app is storing locally on your device, though I doubt they would store any information locally.

If it's still under warranty, take it to an apple store. they're really good about fixing/replacing broken apple hardware.

If it's not you might want to try forcing it into DFU mode (search youtube for video, it involves holding the home and power buttons together for a certain duration I can't remember off the top of my head) and doing a restore of the firmware. Also this could really f up your touch if done wrong so do it as a last resort.

I forgot to mention that my ipod is indeed past warranty time frame to be fixed. Thanks for the suggestion and ill def. look into it on youtube

any additional advice would also be appreciated lol

I forgot to mention that my ipod is indeed past warranty time frame to be fixed. Thanks for the suggestion and ill def. look into it on youtube

any additional advice would also be appreciated lol

if it's that old. it could be the battery. is it charging at all?