Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

But wouldn't iTunes have to keep its pointers in memory? In other words, it seems that it should take more memory for it to know the paths to 1000 songs in the library versus 100 songs. And if someone's library is particularly large, in the many thousands, wouldn't that use up a lot of memory for iTunes to track the paths?

On to a different question. I noticed there are two ways to organize compilation albums. One could either classify the Album Artist as "Various" and all the subfolders under Various are sorted by albums, or one could designate the album as Compilation and all the subfolders under Compilations are sorted by albums. Effectively, there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two methods. Anyone know of a reason one is better than the other? Also, how do I make it so the songs within these subfolders list the artists' names. Currently, they just show the song titles, but no indication of the artist. I realize the artists' names are readily available in iTunes' library, but they do not show up in the hard drive.

What boxes do I need to check to allow this to happen?

I first bought this belt clip case, but I thought there was a touch too much room, so to make a tighter fit, as well as make the iPhone less slick and more protected, I use the Incase Slider.

It cost me around $50 for both cases, which is much more than I'd like to spend, but the phone is well protected -- other than a direct shot to the screen.

I use one of these and I really like it. Combo of a soft rubbery cover and the hard protection on the corners and back works well for me. Of course I over paid for it at the AT&T store.

I just got a one gig shuffle, the tiny clip one, and am so stoked. Only $50 and, considering my inability to stick to one musical taste, it's perfect for me. Try to put on least amount of songs. I like to wear it doing any physical activity. Living in LA, running outside when it's hot I may wear workout shorts that I can clip it onto. Way better than trying to fit something in your pocket...

Dilemma.

Both laptops at home broke. I am thinking about getting an ipod touch primarily for website viewing while at home as well as for music/video when flying to PA and back when I go visit family. I have wireless at my apartment for PS3 usage and can use a work computer to sync music/videos onto the ipod. My question really is, at only 250-350 (much less than a laptop) does the touch work well enough to be a decent web browser? Primarily would be using it to check sites like facebook, modsquad, email, etc. which sucks trying to use the PS3 browser.

My question really is, at only 250-350 (much less than a laptop) does the touch work well enough to be a decent web browser? Primarily would be using it to check sites like facebook, modsquad, email, etc. which sucks trying to use the PS3 browser.
I have an iPhone and it works well enough as a web browser, but it fails at doing data entry. Typing up this post on the iPhone would have sucked and taken a long time. Now someone who has had their iPhone longer (I've only had mine a month) might disagree.

I owned a touch and now own an iphone, i think im just so used to it but i find using it as a web browser easy, its no problem for me to surf the web using my iphone, i actually like using it as a web browser

My 160gb Classic just went for a swim in 2 feet of ice and slush. What a bummer.... What sucks is they don't even make the 160 anymore. How bad is it when I have to "settle" for 120gb?

My question really is, at only 250-350 (much less than a laptop) does the touch work well enough to be a decent web browser? Primarily would be using it to check sites like facebook, modsquad, email, etc. which sucks trying to use the PS3 browser.
I have an iPhone and it works well enough as a web browser, but it fails at doing data entry. Typing up this post on the iPhone would have sucked and taken a long time. Now someone who has had their iPhone longer (I've only had mine a month) might disagree.

I dunno...I take my Touch with me to hockey games so I have something to do between periods...I have posted here using it, and don't find it to be that cumbersome. I don't know if I'd want to use it as my only internet source though.

i use ipod to mac

Like my iPhone Nano? lol

Picture

Picture

And what the hell is that suppose to be? Haha. In the top picture the battery icon shows that its charging, when its clearly not plugged into anything, as for the bottom picture, the iPhone doesn't have a horizontal keyboard for texting, and in both photos the iPhone is rather shiny compared to everything else in the photo. Other than that it looks pretty believable. Better than some I have seen.

Dilemma.

Both laptops at home broke. I am thinking about getting an ipod touch primarily for website viewing while at home as well as for music/video when flying to PA and back when I go visit family. I have wireless at my apartment for PS3 usage and can use a work computer to sync music/videos onto the ipod. My question really is, at only 250-350 (much less than a laptop) does the touch work well enough to be a decent web browser? Primarily would be using it to check sites like facebook, modsquad, email, etc. which sucks trying to use the PS3 browser.

For that kind of money, just get a Dell Inspiron Mini or the Lenovo netbook. I've been using my Dell for a month now (I've had 2 powerbooks, a macbook, a powermac and I use HP desktops at work every day) and it's exactly perfect for everything I do at home.

Just got myself an iPhone 3G...LOVE IT.

Any cools aps to check out? (free preferably) I found the 'HockeyGPS' ap which is pretty badass...takes your GPS location and lists all the rinks, lhs, and any other hockey related businesses in your vicinity. Really handy for those that travel a lot.

Also, I've got a great idea for an Ap, how do I go about getting it created and hopefully make me some Bank?

Just got myself an iPhone 3G...LOVE IT.

Any cools aps to check out? (free preferably) I found the 'HockeyGPS' ap which is pretty badass...takes your GPS location and lists all the rinks, lhs, and any other hockey related businesses in your vicinity. Really handy for those that travel a lot.

Also, I've got a great idea for an Ap, how do I go about getting it created and hopefully make me some Bank?

I've been using "Lose It!" to log all my dietary intake for the last 2 months... I'm down 22 pounds :D , and I just started using iFitness this week (wasn't free, but only $1.99), and it has a lot of stuff in there, and it's a lot easier than carrying a workout log and a pen around the gym with me... those 2 aps alone are helping me drop weight, and get into better shape.

AOL Radio, and Pandora are pretty cool... if you have wifi or a decent 3G signal. I've used Flixster an aweful lot too.

Another question...I have a good amount of ringtones I created for my old krazr in mp3 format..I have them in my iTunes, how can I set my iPhone up to play a certain one for a certain person, and play a certain one for an Alarm Clock, or for a Voicemail or for a Txt Message?

You need to add your ringtones to the iTunes library so they will be copied to the iPhone when you next connect.

Under each contact, it shows what ringtone will be used. If you want to change it, click the arrow to the right. A list pops up with all available ringtones, including the custom ones you've made. I've never used the alarm clock, but I just took a quick tour and it looks like the process would be similar.

You need to add your ringtones to the iTunes library so they will be copied to the iPhone when you next connect.

I'm not sure it's just as easy as that. I don't think you are allowed to use any exisiting mp3 as a ringtone, unless it was directly downloaded from itunes. I believe there are programs in which you can purchase to convert your mp3s to the correct format for ringtone use.

I'm not sure it's just as easy as that. I don't think you are allowed to use any exisiting mp3 as a ringtone, unless it was directly downloaded from itunes. I believe there are programs in which you can purchase to convert your mp3s to the correct format for ringtone use.

I had Googled how to convert a song to a ringtone, and I believe this is the to method I had used: Create custom ringtones for an iPhone.

This method allows you to convert within iTunes, although you'll have to leave iTunes to manipulate the extension on the file.