Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Teamates with stone hands

Ok for my roller hockey team two of my teamates cannot catch passes. My passes are very hard almost like a shot on the ground but those two seem to be the only ones who have trouble catching them. I do not like giving weak passes. Is there anything I can tell them or show them without pissing them off because I am new to the team. I dont wanna come off all cockey n stuff trying to tell them how to play there game when they just met me.

Agreed. Hard passes don't equal good passes. I'd say unless there's a chance it's going to get picked off, what's wrong taking a little zip off it. In open space I think it's a lot more productive, efficient, skillfull to give them a nice lead pass that they can skate into. instead of hitting their blades like a target.

If you're passing through opponents legs, under sticks, etc. that's a diff. story.

In practices I always pass it really hard to the kids that I don't like or make me mad so they don't catch it and look bad in front of the coach. But people I like I'll give nice passes that are easy to catch, but still not turtles either.

But to teammates that have stone hands when it comes to catching passes, tell them to lower their bottom hand when catching it. I recently made that switch for catching passes and it has worked wonders. Passes just stick to my blade now it seems.

Yeah, every pass can not be hard. There is a time to make a soft pass, like when you are feathering it in for the guy to take a one-timer. However, MOST of the passes should be hard. Maybe you just have to work with these guys A LOT!

i'm an all out playmaker myself and i can say that making super hard passes is not hard to do at all.. make the right pass to get to point a to b and making sure there is just enough speed to not get intercepted is much harder. you are not much of a "team"ate if you just wire it at someone and make them look bad.

I always try to compensate the people on my team that don't catch passes really well. I try to give em slower passes than I would to other people to have them be able to catch those passes. I'll eventually go faster and faster til they're accepting the passes. I did that with my linemates and I can hit them anywhere now. Just last game I made a pass from the top of our circle, through 3 of their guys right onto my mate's stick at their blue line. Beautiful play.

must know who you are passing to... hard passes soft passes...etc.. some guys I know I can just get it close and they will catch it,....... others... I have to hand deliver the puck and place it on their blade... Sometimes I opt even out of a pass if its someone notorious for not catching well... why create a turnover

In practices I always pass it really hard to the kids that I don't like or make me mad so they don't catch it and look bad in front of the coach. But people I like I'll give nice passes that are easy to catch, but still not turtles either.

But to teammates that have stone hands when it comes to catching passes, tell them to lower their bottom hand when catching it. I recently made that switch for catching passes and it has worked wonders. Passes just stick to my blade now it seems.

That doesn't make your teammates look bad, it makes you look like an ass to the coach.

In practices I always pass it really hard to the kids that I don't like or make me mad so they don't catch it and look bad in front of the coach.  But people I like I'll give nice passes that are easy to catch, but still not turtles either.

But to teammates that have stone hands when it comes to catching passes, tell them to lower their bottom hand when catching it.  I recently made that switch for catching passes and it has worked wonders.  Passes just stick to my blade now it seems.

That doesn't make your teammates look bad, it makes you look like an ass to the coach.

x2

I'm not even a coach, and I can tell when people are doing that kind of stuff.

Agreed with the comments above. Your making yourself look dumb instead of your teammates. Just make a pass you know they can handle with it getting intercepted.

So take a little off your passes. Or better yet, work with them on catching passes. Start with soft passes, and work up to the hard passes. Their your team mates you should help them.

In practices I always pass it really hard to the kids that I don't like or make me mad so they don't catch it and look bad in front of the coach.  But people I like I'll give nice passes that are easy to catch, but still not turtles either.

But to teammates that have stone hands when it comes to catching passes, tell them to lower their bottom hand when catching it.  I recently made that switch for catching passes and it has worked wonders.  Passes just stick to my blade now it seems.

No, trust me, it makes them look bad. At least when it's tape to tape and they don't catch it. They get yelled at for it.

No, trust me, it makes them look bad. At least when it's tape to tape and they don't catch it. They get yelled at for it.

It's a team sport, you should be trying to help them improve their game and enjoy it more, not try and get them yelled at.

It's a team sport, you should be trying to help them improve their game and enjoy it more, not try and get them yelled at.

Well in a sense it is improving their game. If/when they can catch the harder passes, it will be much easier to catch normal passes that they'll see in a game.

I'm not the only one that does that either. I used to get really hard passes all the time, and I could never catch them. I'd get really pissed. But then I just kept working on it and now I can catch them. So technically, I'm helping them.

:P

Ok, your definitely not helping them, your all on the same team, you could try and let your grudges go for the 2 hours your on the ice together. I've got some guys on my team that can't handle passes for their lives, when the situation comes to it I compensate for this, maybe by taking some speed off the pass, or making sure to put it rite in their wheelhouse, you have to know your teammate and know what he can handle, don't rifle the puck at him and expect him to catch it if he never does.