Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mock

Black or White Stick Tape

What color stick tape do you use?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its always interesting to see what other people use, and why? I use black tape because i find it hides the puck better, my friend is a goalie hes says its difficult to see the puck on a black blade.

What about you guys?

Mock

I think that once you reach a certain level it doesn't matter what color you use.....the golies are or not going to make a save regardless of the stick tape color

I use white so I don't have to look at the puck as much. In the corner of my eyes I can sense the white alot easier than black so it enables me to keep my head of more without haveing to look down as often.

In other words with black tape I have to look down while doing a hard deke or recieving a difficult pass, while with white I can keep my head up more...

I asked my goalie if it was harder to make a save on someone using black tape and he said it doesn't really matter. By the way he is one of the best high school goalies in my area so i trust him. Plus i also think it is easier to stickhandle and make quick moves with white tape as mentioned before by Patrick67.

I use white so I don't have to look at the puck as much. In the corner of my eyes I can sense the white alot easier than black so it enables me to keep my head of more without haveing to look down as often.

In other words with black tape I have to look down while doing a hard deke or recieving a difficult pass, while with white I can keep my head up more...

Ditto :D

I've been using black recently because my LHS hasn't had white in. I prefer to use white on the blade, because I can actually black it out with a puck. That and I keep my head up more as already mentioned.

i use whatever kind of tape is working at the time. if i have a good game wiht black tape i stick with it for a while. same thing with white. i try to keeep both on hand.

I always try to use black friction tape for my blade. Navy blue for the handle, or try to match the color of the shaft for the handle. I like to make my stick look clean...since m using a bunch of xxx ops.

The one girl on my team has pink tape on the top (butt end) of one of her V110 OPSs, the other is just black.

i use green on my handle

I usually use black. Well I guess it depends on what stick I'm using. I have a custom colour vapor xx, thats black at the bottom and I will use either black or white on that stick, but for my rbk 6k OPS I use black. (Same As keys though, on the part about the slumps)

I dunno about you guys, but I think for normal tape, Black lasts longer, but for composite tape, I find that the white lasts longer, when I use black composite tape, the bottom turns white?. Same with, when I use blade spray, I find that it works better on white tape, could it be because there's not as much die in it?

I think that once you reach a certain level it doesn't matter what color you use.....the golies are or not going to make a save regardless of the stick tape color

i definatly agree if black tape really hides the puck like some people say it does alot of NHl players would use it if it gives a big advantage. so i go with what ever i have lying around the house.

i use white goalie width tape atm, keeps the blade thinner and feel better, doesn't last very long but i ordered a dozen rolls of it so still have a few left, usually rub a puck over it now so i dont have to look down as much