Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

The Topic top end all debates

Who do you like more?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so there is debates all over the board right now about these two. Lets try not to make this a "crosby whines", "no he doesnt" topic. Vote for your choice, state why and lets try and leave it at that thanks.

Ovechkin. His supporting cast is just about nonexistant, but still scores like no other. His goal falling down the other night just tops it off. That's the icing on the cake, AO wins.

Ovechkin hands down.....He has blown me away with his play this year. Hits bigger than Crosby, scores better, mor skillful goals, unreal speed, determination, all around great player with good attitude. No one to play with and still gets the job done.

Apart from the NHL highlight reels i don't get to see any NHL, so all i can go on is the goals they score, and what is said here. At the beginning of the season everyone was singing crosby's praises, now he's a whining little girl (no offence) and Ovechkin is the man, but i can relate to Crosby getting worked up about things on the ice, so i would have to call it about even. Either way, they are both amazing prospects and they will be in the top scoring for years to come, for that i have a lot of respect for both of them.

It certainly doesn't end all debates because they are only 50 games into their NHL careers, but as of right now, AO.  In three years it might be Crosby, although for me probably always AO because even if Crosby surpasses him in points, AO's game is just more complete and dominating.

Excellent point Theo. Hopefully Crosby will have overcome his lack of maturity by then.

So far, I am more impressed with Ovechkin because of his physical style of play. They really are two totally different kind of players, and I happen to like the way AO plays the game better.

As a caps fan, living in DC, I think my response is pretty self evident.

Ovechkin all the way.

I think Crosby is a talented player, but I have to hate him because he is a penguin. Therefore he is a diver, a whiner, has no talent, is a baby, can't shoot, terrible skater*

*please note, these are not opinions based on crosby as a player, they are opinions based on crosby being a penguin. I think the kid is immensely talented, but he is a penguin, therefore, hated

Ovechkin definitely. His attitude on and off the ice is great (Crosby refused to sign an autograph for my friend), he has terrific speed and is able to finish plays off, his one-step is amazing and I love his physical play.

I enjoy watching both players, even though I dont really get to see many of their games.

But it makes me wonder just how good Ovechkin would really be if he had a supporting cast. I mean really if you look at his shots (231) compared to Crosby's 169, and they have about the same shot percentage. What is going to happen when Ovechkin is on a team where other people are going to want the puck as much as him. Where crosby seems to be willing to give the puck up to who ever has the better scoring chance.

The assists are pretty even between the two, but I dont see Ovechkin on the highlight reels setting his team mates up for goals...

Just playing a little Devils Advocate :o)

you want the truth at the beginig of the season i would ov sed Crosby probly due to all the hype.... <_< but now as ive watched both players matuer to the NHL, deffinately Ovetchkin. look at the players that Crosby has got with him Lemieux, recchi ..etc... Ovetchkin is basically on his own and hes is now the man!! :lol:

dstidham..

Ovechkin has actually a really good passing game, but he does not have the finishers around him yet. He would have a lot more assists if his team mates finished more of his passes.

The PP tape to tape pass to Freisen on saturday is the best example I can think of. HE put the puck on freisens blade, at the left post, goalie covering the right, it took freisen almost 2 seconds to even try to stuff it, at which time gerber had recovered and made the save.

Caps still won, but I think ovechkins assists will go up and his goals will stay high if he gets a good center and a good winger, both to set him up and finish of his plays

I'm gonna say Ovechkin. Accounting for 48 percent of your teams offense says a lot. He made a sweet pass on the power play last night and I forget who flubbed it. On the other hand, you have to remember he had the benefit of playing close to pro level hockey for a couple of years before coming to the NHL whereas Crosby came straight out of juniors.

I enjoy watching both players, even though I dont really get to see many of their games.

But it makes me wonder just how good Ovechkin would really be if he had a supporting cast. I mean really if you look at his shots (231) compared to Crosby's 169, and they have about the same shot percentage. What is going to happen when Ovechkin is on a team where other people are going to want the puck as much as him. Where crosby seems to be willing to give the puck up to who ever has the better scoring chance.

The assists are pretty even between the two, but I dont see Ovechkin on the highlight reels setting his team mates up for goals...

Just playing a little Devils Advocate :o)

I've watched a bunch of Caps games and Ovechkin is very good at passing the puck, damn near every pass is right on the tape of his target. Given the option of shooting or passing, he will generally shoot and that's not really a bad thing with his laser of a shot. Plus a shot on net that creates a rebound is sometimes more effective than a pass through traffic.

If you're starting a team, you take Crosby. If you have other players, you take Ovechkin.

i would take ovechkin over crosby if i was making a team. He has the attitude that crosby may never have already

I chose Ovechkin. He puts butts in the seats for the Caps, then takes those same butts out of their seats and onto their feet with his play on the ice. I think the over-hyped Crosby is suffering from some backlash. It will be interesting to see them in a couple of years.

On a side note, I have been very impressed with the impact the entire top tier of rookies has made this season. AO, Crosby, Phaneuf, Seabrook, Lundqvist, Svatos, Prucha, Niitymakki... Pretty good list.

I chose Ovechkin. He puts butts in the seats for the Caps, then takes those same butts out of their seats and onto their feet with his play on the ice. I think the over-hyped Crosby is suffering from some backlash. It will be interesting to see them in a couple of years.

On a side note, I have been very impressed with the impact the entire top tier of rookies has made this season. AO, Crosby, Phaneuf, Seabrook, Lundqvist, Svatos, Prucha, Niitymakki... Pretty good list.

Too bad Seabrook missed some time with his knee injury or I think he would have put up more points than Phaneuf. I still think Lundqvist is most deserving of the calder.