Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Freezing gloves to kill bacteria....

I have been freezing my gloves to kill the bacteria in them the last few weeks, but I'm unsure of how long I should keep them in there to kill the bacteria. I usually leave them in for a day or two.

Any ideas on if that's too short of a time to properly kill everything?

Freezing doesn't actually kill bacteria. It only prevents it from growing.

You need some sort of heat treatment to kill bacteria.

Ditto. Bacteria just goes dormant. Same as it does when you air dry, it goes dormant. As soon as it's rehydrated, the colony starts to grow again. You have to use something to kill the bacteria.

this has never happend to me. how'd you guys get bacteria growing in your gloves?

sweat

i sweat alot in my gloves and ive still never had this happen. maybe you dont air your gloves out or keep them somewhere damp?

It's not really something you see. I can guarantee you your gloves have bacteria growing in them. It's what makes them smell bad.

this has never happend to me. how'd you guys get bacteria growing in your gloves?

sweat

i sweat alot in my gloves and ive still never had this happen. maybe you dont air your gloves out or keep them somewhere damp?

Well when i was on camp last summer my palms went green and furry :blink::blink:

How much of a factor is the material in the gloves? For example, my Sande gloves smelled AWFUL and my Salming gloves don't smell at all. Both pairs are always aired out after I use them.

putting the gloves in the dishwasher works wonders.

I sweat a ton, enough to wring out my palms somtimes but have never had bacteria growth in my gloves. I almost always air them out. I also dont keep a pair of gloves for much over a year.

me neither, i hate when they get crusty.

I never air them out but I soaked them in a tub filled with hot water with washing power and then wash them. Smells like bad soap but hey, it's clean.

How much of a factor is the material in the gloves? For example, my Sande gloves smelled AWFUL and my Salming gloves don't smell at all. Both pairs are always aired out after I use them.

The lining in our gloves is anti-bacterial. I believe it's a microfiber that is woven into the lining.

Likw Funk Free...Best product I have EVER used!

Funk Free is outstanding, but I don't think it's anti-bacterial.

Funk Free works great on that.

Likw Funk Free...Best product I have EVER used!

Funk Free is outstanding, but I don't think it's anti-bacterial.

Funk Free works great on that.

like i posted before, where can this be purchased?