Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

possible problem with L-2?

i picked up an L-2 recently and noticed that the hossel on the blades are quite short, they measure 2 inches were as say standard blades measure 3 inches. not a problem normally but the place were you put the blade in (no clue what its called) has only a depth of 2 inches. was this planned for the L-2?

I guess the idea is that they only want you buying L-2 blades to go with that shaft. Not really a problem as much as an exclusivity issue. If you buy the L-2, you'd better like their blades.

i guess my main observation is there is something blocking the blade from going in farther. is looks like a normal length blade is put in, then the cut it down fairly short and leave the piece of the blade in, i will try to get some pics to explain this as i am sure it makes little sense

I guess the idea is that they only want you buying L-2 blades to go with that shaft. Not really a problem as much as an exclusivity issue. If you buy the L-2, you'd better like their blades.

Or have a hacksaw to cut down the tenon of tapered wood blades. ;)

I was hoping to get an L2 and slapping one of my Forsberg blades in there. Guess that idea is out the window.

Not necessarily. The block inside may be removable. To check I would suggest evenly heating the shaft around the block. Next, place a screwdriver against the block and tap gently with a hammer or mallet. If the block moves with the shaft heated then it is simply glued in.

thats what i did right now to try out the thing :) i have a couple pics if someone would like to upload them for me.

I'll upload them for you.

I can see wanting to reinforce the shaft at that point but this just sounds too damn fishy to me.

i dunno, i can put synthesis blades in mine

There is a crap load of glue on the end of the l-2 blade and some foam. maybe thats whats blocking it? make sure thats not it. mission puts like 3/4" glue on the end and then a foam cube attached to that

the foam cube keeps the melted glue from running down the inside of the shaft after you insert a blade in, it shouldent be causing any blockage like that.

i am gonna try what one said above, heating up the area then puttin an screwdriver in, i will let ya know soon one thing i really like about it is the length, its 53 inches (shaft only)

What is the second picture, I can't tell...is that the blade or did you pull the stopper thing out of the shaft?