Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyDude1712

Favorite hockey quotes/sayings

'Great trip for us. We don't go to jail. We beat up dere chicken forwards. We score ten goal. We win. An' now de Mooze drink beer.'

- Andre 'Moose' Dupont, February 9, 1973

"It takes brains. It's not like a forward, where you can get away with scoring and not play defense. On defense you have to be thinking." -Chris Chelios

Ted Green , coach of the Edmonton Oilers, when told that rookie center Shaun Van Allen had suffered a concussion and didn't know who he was:

"Good. Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky"

Ted Green , coach of the Edmonton Oilers, when told that rookie center Shaun Van Allen had suffered a concussion and didn't know who he was:

"Good. Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky"

i like that 1 B)

"They always try to play with our minds. But that won’t work with our club. We’ve got 20 guys without brains."

Bobby Clarke talking about the Russian team playing the Flyers at the old Spectrum.

McCracken: Dunlop, you suck cock.

Reggie: All I can get!

There is something hilarious about that line, I don't know why because the thought of even doing that would make me throw up.

"It's a difficult game. It's played on 1" of frozen water, while balancing on a 1/16th of steel, with a bouncing puck, no out of bounds and someone always looking to hurt you. It's game of ad lib and creativity inside the confines of organized chaos." - Derek Sanderson

McCracken: Dunlop, you suck cock.

Reggie: All I can get!

There is something hilarious about that line, I don't know why because the thought of even doing that would make me throw up.

I get the "you suck" thing a lot since I ref, my usual response is "no kidding, but do I spit or swallow?"

Part of it's in my sig...

"I have a lot of friends that are around the league. I've either earned their respect or lost it, one or the other. I play for the guys in the room. I don't have friends on the other team when I'm playing." - Bryan Marchment

"Lèves-les tes ostis d'patins!"

"La dureté du mental, the mental toughness"

Brett Hull: "I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."

Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Steve Smith: "Part of the learning curve in Edmonton is learning to hate Calgary."

I really like the quotes from the NHL season opener advertisement.

"The skillful warrior puts himself in a position that makes defeat...impossible"

"If equally matched... we can offer Battle"

"He wins battles... by making no mistakes"

"He imposes his will on the enemy"

"But he does not allow his enemies will... to be imposed on him"

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself... you need not fear"

"The opportunity of defeating an enemy... is provided by the enemy himself"

"He will win if prepared... and takes the enemy unprepared"

"A clever warrior is one who only not wins... but excels at winning with ease"

"He who is skilled in effect lashes forth in the top most heights, the places that he shall hold are precisely those of the enemy cannot attack"

"The places he shall attack... are precisely those the enemy could not defend"

"To secure secure yourself against defeat... lies in your hand"

"On the field of battle forming a single united body, it is impossible for the brave to advance alone... its everyone's game."

An old joke my Pee Wee coach told us....

Coach - "Do you know who the NHL's all-time leading scorer is?"

Kids - "Gretzky!"

Coach - "Nope, some guy named "Heschutzy". Yup, the anouncer says his name every single night, 2 or 3 times..."

"He Shoots, He Scores!" :lol:

Hey, I was 12 and some things just stick with you....

An old joke my Pee Wee coach told us....

Coach - "Do you know who the NHL's all-time leading scorer is?"

Kids - "Gretzky!"

Coach - "Nope, some guy named "Heschutzy". Yup, the anouncer says his name every single night, 2 or 3 times..."

"He Shoots, He Scores!" :lol:

Hey, I was 12 and some things just stick with you....

thats pretty funny

I got a new one today:

Wayne Gretzky: " Ok, 50 000 $ on the Steelers, 24 over the Seehawks, 10. what about you Ric?"

Um...it has been announced publicly by the New Jersey police that Wayne Gretzky is not under investigation nor was he a target of the Slap Shot sting.

I got a new one today:

Wayne Gretzky: " Ok, 50 000 $ on the Steelers, 24 over the Seehawks, 10. what about you Ric?"

Um...it has been announced publicly by the New Jersey police that Wayne Gretzky is not under investigation nor was he a target of the Slap Shot sting.

I just heard today that Wayne is probably part of this too unfortunatly. Anyway nothing's confirmed... It was just a joke.

I got a new one today:

I just heard today that Wayne is probably part of this too unfortunatly. Anyway nothing's confirmed... It was just a joke.

where did u hear this

Reggie Dunlop: You cheap sonofabitch. Those guys are retards.

McGrath: I got a good deal on those boys. Scout said they showed a lot of promise.

Reggie Dunlop: They brought their fuckin' TOYS with 'em.

McGrath: Id rather have em playin with their toys than playin with themselves

Reggie Dunlop: They're too dumb to play with themselves.

Reggie Dunlop: She's a dyke. I know. I know. A lesbian. A lesbian. A lesbian.