Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bane

Looking for new wheels

The age old question, Rink Rat Hornets or Revisions? I play offense, I weigh around 180, 5' 11," Which wheels are best for maneuverability and grip?

Opinons appreciated.

LOL...how many times is this question gonna come up?...I prefer Rink Rats Hornets myself...But I cant really compare because I havent tried the Revisions yet, and there is nothing but positives on the board about them so I will probublly get a set soon...I would say you really couldnt go wrong with either

lol im the total opposite from stock.. liek i said in the past posts.. go with w/e you want.. do your research on them on their sites.. rinkrat.com and revisionhockey.com and pick which ever you want.. they are both sold on epuck.com.. i personally love revisions but havent used hornets since they first came out

I've used both, currently using Revisions as I had durability problems with the last two sets of Hornets I had. The hubs kept cracking after like 3-4 skates. The ones I had problems with were the 2005 ones, the 2 or 3 sets I had that were from the prior year were great. I would say give the revision's a try, after a couple months of use they are still gripping nicely and not chunking, plus they warranty the wheels for 30 days which is nice. FYI I am on an all bronze wheel setup, I play D and am about 5-11 240 pounds.

stock-.. haha lol.. you wont be disappointed, they are great wheels..

duckjob- im also on the golds too.. great wheel..

thats what these message boards are for, so people can hear pros and cons.. i to am eventually gonna use my rinkrats.. who knows maybe i will like them.. ive jus been on revisions for a while so i love them

I took the plunge and bought a set of Gold Revisions from Epuck. Unfortunatelly they will not be here in time for my game tonight.

.. like ive said in the past.. wheels work and feel different for different people.. if something works for you thats the wheel your gonna keep using. i personally love revisions, some like rink rats some like labeda.. personal preference

I've used both, currently using Revisions as I had durability problems with the last two sets of Hornets I had. The hubs kept cracking after like 3-4 skates. The ones I had problems with were the 2005 ones, the 2 or 3 sets I had that were from the prior year were great. I would say give the revision's a try, after a couple months of use they are still gripping nicely and not chunking, plus they warranty the wheels for 30 days which is nice. FYI I am on an all bronze wheel setup, I play D and am about 5-11 240 pounds.

5'11, 240???

Jagr is like 6'2-6'3 230 and he's solid muscle.

eh no big deal.. you will have them for another 4-6 months any way.. depending on how much you skate

The stock wheels that were on my HE950's lasted nearly a year so hopefully the revisions do really well for me.

eh no big deal.. you will have them for another 4-6 months any way.. depending on how much you skate

The stock wheels that were on my HE950's lasted nearly a year so hopefully the revisions do really well for me.

wow, boy were you lucky <_<

5'11, 240???

Jagr is like 6'2-6'3 230 and he's solid muscle.

I'm a big guy, what can I say :)

wow, boy were you lucky <_<

I only play once a week these days, so that probably has something to do with it. Anyway, over the last month they have lost pretty much any grip they had and have started to chunk. Hopfully they can survive one more game, I didn't see the point in paying $25 extra to get them in three days.

yo bane how did those revision wheels work out?get some feed back when you get a chance.

I just got them today. On thing though, I don't know if it is an issue or not. My Gold revision wheels from epuck say they are Thomas Stall signature. The gold on the revision site say Milan Hejduk signature series. My question is, is there any difference between the two other than who's name they put on them?

Thanks

nope not at all.. the tommy stahl wheel is the newer varient wheel.. with some adjustments to the urethane and the torus is slightly modified. The milan hejduk wheels have a blue core as opposed to your wheels which have a pink core.. the only different you can actually see to the wheel is the graphics are different on the tommy stahl ones

nope not at all.. the tommy stahl wheel is the newer varient wheel.. with some adjustments to the urethane and the torus is slightly modified. The milan hejduk wheels have a blue core as opposed to your wheels which have a pink core.. the only different you can actually see to the wheel is the graphics are different on the tommy stahl ones

Ok, As long as the ones I got are not inferior, I coul care less who's name is on them :angry:

I'll try to post my impressions Monday night after my game.