Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

Need some opinions about an hockey stick idea

Question to anyone here, let me know what you think about this. you can either reply here, PM me or email me

What if there was a hockey stick company out there that was complete customization. You could get the shape of shaft you want, grip you want, curve you want, length you want, flex you want. complete customizing. any type of curve or grip or flex. you guys get the idea? now the performance would match synergies or xn10's, basically the stick would be top of the line. now the question is this, if the stick cost say $10 more and took 2-4 weeks to get, but you could completely customize it, would you be willing to buy? this for a Market report for a college class, so i dont want to get you all to enthused about a company doing it, but i see this as a major need in the hockey stick industry and thus the market report is on this area. thanks for all the help!

It's a no-brainer dude. I think it would actually be a valid question if you upped the price tag more.

Not to be a party pooper but might as well sell hockey widgets. As far as I'm aware, at that price, this isn't even a remote possibility at this time. Costs for creating custom sticks are far, far greater. Does this report have to be realistic or is it ok to just dream? Not to sound like a jerk, I think it is a valid question, but I was just wondering how accurate or possible the report had to be.

the main role of the report is to identify an need that is in the market, so the fact that customization is realistic or not is not the point, its the idea that the consumer wants that need or is willing to spend more for it.

But don't you have to use a reasonable cost to get an accurate answer? It's like asking if everyone would want custom fitted skates for $10 extra. Sure, everyone would want it. If you want them to pay the extra $150 it really costs, they won't want it.