Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

The boot is lighter, and in the ankles there is "gel-pockets" or something like that. I feel like my heel locks in a little better, and the skate is more comfortable. I think it fits as well as, if not better than any other skate out there. Baked once, skated in them today. No break in time. No pain at all.

I just got theses done over the weekend.

img1532lq4.th.jpg

Just out of curiousity, what size boot versus size chassis did you use? Did you dislike the tri-d setup? Nice call with the Mag Vanguards.

They are a 10 boot Med chassis. The Tri-dis didn't baother so much. Just the quality of the chassis bothered me. They keeped getting striped and he axles would come loose during a games. But I love the boot though it is so comfortable, it was well worth the extra money.

Than what is the point? Would you not be better off with the vanguards if your not wearing 80’s on you hummer frame.

Shocking as it may seem, some people may prefer the Hum'er *gasp* over the Vanguard. Blasphemous, I know, but entirely possible. :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous assumption and pathetic sarcastic comment.

Than what is the point? Would you not be better off with the vanguards if your not wearing 80’s on you hummer frame.

Shocking as it may seem, some people may prefer the Hum'er *gasp* over the Vanguard. Blasphemous, I know, but entirely possible. :rolleyes:

Were you trying to be ironically funny by being sarcastic as well? I actually do prefer the Hum'er over the Vanguard.

My original statement I think was misunderstood. As I personally prefer the hummer as well. Mine are all 80’s. What I was saying is I don’t see benefits from taking a vanguard off brand new skates and putting hummers that are all 76’s on instead.

Were you trying to be ironically funny by being sarcastic as well? I actually do prefer the Hum'er over the Vanguard.

Yeah that is very true. The whole point of the Hum'er is to use all 80s. Bigger wheels, bigger contact patch, bigger leverage. If you are using smaller wheels on a Hum'er, you would be better off with the Vanguard, since that has two 80s in the back, instead of all 76s.

My original statement I think was misunderstood. As I personally prefer the hummer as well. Mine are all 80’s. What I was saying is I don’t see benefits from taking a vanguard off brand new skates and putting hummers that are all 76’s on instead.

Yeah that is very true. The whole point of the Hum'er is to use all 80s. Bigger wheels, bigger contact patch, bigger leverage. If you are using smaller wheels on a Hum'er, you would be better off with the Vanguard, since that has two 80s in the back, instead of all 76s.

Well as I said, I was only sent the boot. And in all honesty, I skate just fine. The 4mm per wheel that I lost, I'm really not worried about ;)...

One thing you do gain with all 76mm wheels on a hummr is that you're lower to the ground by 2mm.

Thats true, but the chassis is still spaced for 80mm wheels so the frame length is longer and a little bit of turning agility will be sacrificed. If someone is running 76mm wheels exclusively, it would be better to go with a frame built around that setup like the final force/factor frames or similar chassis. You get your 2mm closer to the ground and you get a shorter wheelbase and better turning.

One thing you do gain with all 76mm wheels on a hummr is that you're lower to the ground by 2mm.

Thats true, but the chassis is still spaced for 80mm wheels so the frame length is longer and a little bit of turning agility will be sacrificed. If someone is running 76mm wheels exclusively, it would be better to go with a frame built around that setup like the final force/factor frames or similar chassis. You get your 2mm closer to the ground and you get a shorter wheelbase and better turning.

yeah I'm not saying I would do it, I'm just saying that 2mm even though it seems small would be a noticeable difference. I run a 76mm wheel in front on my hummr's and I went back to all 80's and hated it. So every little change counts. I'm going to try some sprungs with all 80's soon enough.