Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Fatwabbit, You certainly have a bunch of sweet looking conversions. How do you decide which ones to skate?

Rick

Bauer Supreme one90 boot

Tuuk One Up Chassis

BSB Swiss Bearings

Kryptonics Extreme Sticky wheels (white)

Labeda Dynasty II wheels

Should I go black laces?

The kryptonics remind me a bit of those Factory Z wheel on the first Mission Helium line but better as they're more white, let us know how they perform.

+1 to what Invert said, if you can get back + blue tracers, definatly

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

These are replacing my wicked ones and they are a bit tight on my feet even though they are EE width. Hopefully they stretch out a bit.

Not super custom or anything, but I swapped out the original white chassis for some black mag chassis (I already had them sitting around) and added some heel lifts. I also touched up a few spots on the skates to cover up the green and match the red/black scheme

Bosses.jpg

Those look awesome man. Nice Kuzaks hahaha. Solid build though, bet you'll love em.

What do you know... I lost a huge chunk of one of the Kuzaks last night, guess it's time to put on the other two rink rats I have.

Those look awesome man. Nice Kuzaks hahaha. Solid build though, bet you'll love em.

What do you know... I lost a huge chunk of one of the Kuzaks last night, guess it's time to put on the other two rink rats I have.

I almost bought those exact wheels too... Good thing i went with a set of labeda grippers!

Red Star A Frames on a pair of CCM Externo E-50's. I'll probably rip them off when the Vapor 40's start going for a lower price.

photoj.jpg

Probably should have put this in the photoshop thread in the ice forum, but here's what my next pair of skates are gonna be. Got the wheels and chassis ready to mount, just waiting for the skates to arrive...

x60_flop.jpg

Not super custom or anything, but I swapped out the original white chassis for some black mag chassis (I already had them sitting around) and added some heel lifts.

How much lift did you add? I am having a buddy machine some 3mm lifts for my grafs with vangauards. I put them next to my Tour Code 1's and the front is higher and the back is lower on the vangauards. I already feel back on my heels with the Tours. I went with 3mm as a guess since I have screws that are about 3mm too long for the t nuts. I have a feeling 3mm will feel like a big difference. If I have to go more I will.

It was about 1/8 of an inch. Not sure what that is in mm but the vanguards feel more like the old hi-los to me now which is what I was going for.

what did you use for the heel lifts?

Probably should have put this in the photoshop thread in the ice forum, but here's what my next pair of skates are gonna be. Got the wheels and chassis ready to mount, just waiting for the skates to arrive...

Better hope that they fit correctly, either way they should look pretty good.

just got these done today.

Supreme Comp Jrs.

Tuuk Rocker

2x 72mm 74a Mister sticky

2x 72mm 74a Red Star GT MX

Can't wait to try them out tonight for pre-season game.

*edit*

okay' ive gave the skates a good run durring the game. I love the rocker so far. I would of got the sprungs if they made a jr size, but for these tuuk rockers i got off ebay brand new for $20, it seemed more then reasonable. The wheels were pretty good too, the rink was pretty dusty and people with rink rats were sliding and falling everywhere. Durability wise, 1 of the mister sticky has started to peel, but i still love them.

img1198yzv.jpg

Edited by vinceyuen

For my heel lifts I used some sort of plastic sheeting that, from what I was told, was used as some sort of shims for Graf skates.

I just installed my 3mm CNC machines aluminum lifts and what a difference. The feeling is very neutral right now. I could probably go a little more since the forward pitch on my RBK ice skates is still WAY more than how my Grafs sit on on the vangaurds, but I will try a few games as is.

I'm hoping to find 4 more floating spacers before Saturday so I can try these out.

Easton Synergy SE16's on Sprung A8's.

I got a deal on the Labeda Dynasty's so I thought I'd give them a shot.

I chickened out on the conversion with the carbon boot. I didn't want to be the one drilling into it so close to the hole in the bottom.

2837217940099930355IKbMGt_th.jpg

My first time ever messing around with skates and I think it turned out well :D . I still need to put the rear bolts in because the ones I have are a bit short.

Nike Quest 2's on Mission Generator Hi-Lo chassis. Do they look right?

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2132_3.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2126.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg