Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dangle16

chrome cage

yea, so my cage is all rusted out im thinking about buying a chrome cage for my bauer 5000. Im interested to see how many users on this board use a chrome cage. I see so many players now with chrome cages and figured i'd try and get in on the fad.

Are there any real disadvantages to it?

and does the actual chrome get annoying or distracting after a while?

I use the Bauer True Vision cage and it's not very distracting at all. I firgure anything that's not black is probably alright though.

I had one and didnt have a problem with it, but the only reason I got rid of it was because it looked horrible with my helmet. I know they say hockey isnt about looks, but a cage comes in different colors for a reason.

i use one.. i have no problems with it at all.. i mean the chrome does rust also but i just wipe it down with a towel after the game so it doesnt rust.. you shouldnt have any problems

my brother has been using a chrome cage for the past year+ he cant stop singing its praises, I tried it to see what all the fuss was about+ I loved it, its 10x better than a black cage

I moved from a black cage to a chrome cage last season, it took me a few games to get used to it, but now I can't go back to a black cage! I feel that once you get used to it the chrome cage is a lot less distracting than the black one.

It's all PP though.

I actually went from a black caged mission helmet to a chrome caged ccm tacks then back to the black cage on my current Tour H90 Aerial. I actually never drew any attention or even noticed any difference from black to chrome cage, I didn't even know it served any purpose other than looking pretty on a helmet. Either way there are steel bars obstructing my vision so I finally switched off the cage on my H90 and put on the Oakley Full Face combo.

The only real thing about the chrome cage that bothers me is the reflectivity of light, every now and then you'd notice a "bling" (lol don't know the real term it, just know the ghetto term for it) and that sorta bothered me more than anything about the chrome cage, although it's been said the True Vision cage was specifically made to prevent this (i have no experience with it, but if I were to switch back to a chrome cage I'd consider buying the true vision as suggested previously by sdcopp).

I had one and didnt have a problem with it, but the only reason I got rid of it was because it looked horrible with my helmet. I know they say hockey isnt about looks, but a cage comes in different colors for a reason.

Same, i had an Itech and switched to Bauer Black 4000

I switched from black to chrome cage a few years back and it was definatly much better for me. I found it to be a lot less distracting than the black bars, but ive been wearing a half visor this season and wont be going back to a cage again...

Pod

Probably a stupid question but, if you have a size small helmet would you get a size larger or stay with the regular size for the cage? (can you follow that)

I ve used chrome cage for the past 4 yrs when they first came out. I didnt really notice a difference to tell you the truth, I just think it looks so much better than a black one!

Probably a stupid question but, if you have a size small helmet would you get a size larger or stay with the regular size for the cage? (can you follow that)

You should get whatever size cage actually fits your face. I've put large cages on small helmets and small cages on large helmets. It all depends on what size cage gives you the proper fit.

Is there a chart with how long these cages are? I'm looking to get a cage after using half shields in the adult league. I think I've settled on the chrome or the Itech two-tone one. It's a pain to get to the shop so just wondering if there's a size chart. And I've seen people wear it with the chin cup way up on their chin and people with the chin cup near the chin and the cage tucked in the j-clips. What way is proper..or is there a way to wear it?