Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

What things that customers do get you guys kinda annoyed. For me its when somebody messes up and constantly flexes all the sticks in the store. What also kinda gets me mad is when customers go and mess up all our goal pads in the store. <_<

i HATE it when our glove wall is all messed up, and when all the sticks become unorganized becasue apparently its really hard to put a stick back where you got it from. also when the display skates are untied.

Short list

1. the OPS flexing is ridiculous. I put up a sign to say "don't do it. The flexing may damage the stick you decide to buy." Then I ask them if they can read English.

2. Interupting the skate sharpener on the wheel. I ignore them or give them the short version. Let me bother you while you are driving your car.

3. Strangers asking for a discount. Today I had to go to my dark side and used the comeback after a guy in a $200 jacket asked me for a discount on a $30 visor, "You know, I was just going to ask you if you wanted pay more but since you don't we'll just agree to pay this price." He gave me a $50 bill.

4. Customers who speak a foreign language but insist on whispering it in front of me! Hey, I don't understand a word you say no matter if you scream it!

There are more but I will take a break..........

good nothin ive done in your shop... so far.........

You're too smart to flex the OPS, too smart to bother us when we are sharpening skates, way too smart to ask for a discount, and you don't speak a foreign language, right? Although, with all the Russian we hear, sometimes English is a foreign language!

the thing that gets to me the most is when people insist that they need to wear the skate that their friend told them is working for them not what actually fits thier foot, bugs the hell out of m when i know the other skate fits them. the other thing that gets to me is when people decide to play/shot with street hockey balls to decide if the stick is for them then get upset when u ask them to stop.

kind of like when somebody's 6 year old kid picks up the $150 Easton OPS to knock around the store and you have to nicely ask him to put it back now because its cute but its $150!!!!!!! and I don't think you want to shell out the bucks. Besides, Daddy is clueless and has no idea a stick could sell for $150.

Damn guys relax they are customers. besides it's your job to keep everything neat and organized. you get paid for it, stop crying.

P.S. now I know how to piss my LHS off :P

My skates aren't sharp enough

What hollow do you use?

Deep cut

And what hollow is that?

Same thing the NHL guys use

Not everyone uses the same hollow at that level

Well I want a deep cut

ok, our "deep cut" is 3/8", that way if you need to adjust you now know the measurement

a week later the guy returns

My skates aren't sharp enough

You're 6'+ and over 225 pounds are you sure you want a deeper cut?

I want what the NHL guys use

(thinks to self, not this shit again. God, please strike me down right here and now)

And what hollow is that?

give me a quarter inch

(thinks to self: what a friggin idiot)

I'm sorry I won't do that, it's too dangerous for these ice conditions

But I'm the customer, you have to do what I say

it's also my responsibility to prevent you from injuring yourself

Fine, I'm going to the other shop to have them do it

Have a nice day

Mine has to parents that let their kids run wild, destroy the store and don't give a s--t.. I had a guy come in who watched their kid pee his pants, get it all over the floor, quickly pick up his kid and walk out...

Darkstar.. bang on with all your observations too.. the sharpening thing drives me nuts.. I love the customer that comes in 5 minutes before he's on the ice... expects me to sharpen his skates before every one else who is waiting .. and then gets all bent when I don't..

Damn guys relax they are customers. besides it's your job to keep everything neat and organized. you get paid for it, stop crying.

P.S. now I know how to piss my LHS off :P

Yeah, but its a shame to go through life acting like an idiot. We tend to remember customers like that.......

Darkstar.. bang on with all your observations too.. the sharpening thing drives me nuts.. I love the customer that comes in 5 minutes before he's on the ice... expects me to sharpen his skates before every one else who is waiting .. and then gets all bent when I don't..

It's worse when half the team comes in ten minutes before the game. Then it's your fault that they aren't all ready in time.

I hate it when people come it to get fitted for skates, then leave to buy them off the internet. I also hate when parents let their kids tear up the store. One time I found kids diving into the goalie pads, then the parents got mad at me when I told the kids to stop.

You're too smart to flex the OPS, too smart to bother us when we are sharpening skates, way too smart to ask for a discount, and you don't speak a foreign language, right? Although, with all the Russian we hear, sometimes English is a foreign language!

in states, there's a lot of russian?

do you guys mind if a customer walks into the store to get his skates sharpened and clearly only that, but while he's waiting looks around, picks up a couple sticks, tries one a pair of gloves and what not (but makes sure to put everything back properly)? i got yelled at once for touching stuff that i wasn't going to buy.

I am right outside NYC. We have lots of Russian figure skating coaches in our building so all the Russian moms/dads want their little Tatiana to be coached by Vladimir the Russian figure skating coach from Mother Russia, so I hear Russian all the time in my shop. I learned a Russian word as well, Zoftra. It means "tomorrow" because they always want it now, so I say "Zoftra" and they flip out! And they whisper all the time, like I understand Russian!!

in states, there's a lot of russian?

try coming to detroit. one place in particular: detroit skating club. "all the big skaters" skate there. the government should pass a law requireing english to be spoken in america not a forigen langauge.

i know i'm being narrow minded and politicaly incorrect, but that is my opion.

and maybe i should learn to spell correctly.

I hate it when the parents want there child to have the least expensive skates becasue there just going outdoor skating once this year.

Then you whip out an old used pair and they say oh those are terrible.

AKA "I want him to have some growing room in them." Our answer is we sell skates to fit, not to grow in to. Besides, if they are too big and you have blisters: 1. you can't skate in them and 2. you'll be pissed at us for selling you skates that don't fit! As the Boston Red Sox said "Cowboy Up!"

AKA "I want him to have some growing room in them." Our answer is we sell skates to fit, not to grow in to. Besides, if they are too big and you have blisters: 1. you can't skate in them and 2. you'll be pissed at us for selling you skates that don't fit! As the Boston Red Sox said "Cowboy Up!"

I actually had this conversation too.

"These skates need to last two years"

Buy less expensive skates and buy new ones when he needs them

but less expensive skates won't perform well enough for junior