Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-MaN88

Best wood blade for the money?

I was just wondering in some of your oppinions, what the best wood blade is in durability, feel, and stiffness? I just purchased an M-2 and i want to try a wood blade in it b4 i go out and spend the money for the not very durable carbon. So all of you oppinions and suggestions about the best wood blades are very appreciated, thanks again!

D-MaN88

well this kinda applies but i use an easton hybrid in my synthesis and i love it and i know eastone makes a standard version of this blade. When you decide to step up to composite, i suggest you look into the vapor x blade. Ive heard nothing but good things about it

Easton pro stocks are quite good as well if you can find them. It probably won't help with the transition to composite since the patterns aren't readily available but you probably won't find a better wood blade out there.

Any pro-return wood blade is good. Some guys like Sherwood 950's too, but i personally hate their curve selection. I had a TPS prostock (retail) nash a while back and it broke pretty quickly, not that light either.

Id go for the hybrid easton. I used it after i broke the blade on my response and it felt really good it was stiff for wood. It was pretty light too. Im not sure on duribility because i snapped my shaft the next week. :ph34r:

its not really a wooden blade but the Easton Hybrid blade is awesome. i have one for my synthesis and it is lasting longer than my graphite blade

Has anyone ever had any bad expierences with the Easton Hybrid standard blade? I am might get one and I heard some good and some bad, a couple of guys on my team has the blade but the hickory hozel looks like it takes a beating. So can anyone comment further on the Hybrid?

I like the TPS blades, not bad at all. I'm not using any retail wood blades anymore, only pro stock when I use wood. Most of them are pretty similar.

Has anyone ever had any bad expierences with the Easton Hybrid standard blade? I am might get one and I heard some good and some bad, a couple of guys on my team has the blade but the hickory hozel looks like it takes a beating. So can anyone comment further on the Hybrid?

They are pretty popular around here. The ones I had were sloppily manufactured. Durability is nothing like a full comp blade (compared to the blade of a TFG/Inno). Weight and feel is ok, yet not overwhelming (weight on my Drury Hybrids was the same as the Bauer 7000 full-wood..., feel is crisp). The problem with them that I've seen a lot is breakage of the wooden part, even with guys who are not heavy shooters. So if you get them, make sure not to get the all-standard ones but the ones with the higher grade (reinforced) wood (I think they are called Hybrid Pros, yet they are retail).

I liked the original model hybrid pros, I had one and liked it. The new fiver wrap doesn't hold up as well.