Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

"Shootout Award"

They have 2 for the goalies, so why not? Who wins for top defensive D-man? Redden, Regher, ??? Lidstrom has Norris wrapped up for this year, right?

I'd say Lidstrom is wrapped up for the Norris. I don't mind the Norris being awarded to the best over-all D, but have either an offensive D-man award or a Defensive D-man award to complement it

Offensive: Zubov

Defensive: Hard to tell from the stats alone. I'd think Van Ryn would get consideration consider he is a +13 on FLA, maybe Willie Mitchell. Then "obvious" choice of Chara comes in.

Yeah, the lack of another defenseman trophy is hard to justify, given the Richard and Selke trophies.

I don't think you should recognize the most shootout goals, but I tell you what I would like to see -- most game-tying and game-winning goals get recognized. Those are generally clutch players who don't necessarily get the Rocket.

Meszaros is up there too...

I really like Meszaros, but he couldn't pull off either of them since he is in Ottawa's top 2 D-men. His +/- is outstanding, but if your not seen as your teams best or second best D-man (he's 4/5 on Ottawa actually) then it's hard to make a case he's the best in the NHL.

I like Kariya, he's clutch and just shoots.

Edit: Watching the OLN replay of the PIT/OTT game and I have to ask if there's a worse defenceman in the league than Gonchar?

I like Kariya, he's clutch and just shoots.

Edit: Watching the OLN replay of the PIT/OTT game and I have to ask if there's a worse defenceman in the league than Gonchar?

Berg and its not even close.

That always gets me with the Norris. It's for the best defenseman, yet to be realistically included you need to have a stellar offensive output. But granted guys like Lidstrom and Neids are fantastic Dmen, but abit more love could be shown to those solid guys who don't put up points.

As for the shootout award, would it be based on sucess percentage, or just best moves?

Datsyuk pulled the reverse toe drag again...Vokoun bit on it worse than Turco...

That was just CRAZY, wow, what a goal.

For all those who thought it would not work again or because Turco was off balance and blah blah...Just watch it.

Those wicked wristers up high by Erat and Sillinger were sweet, too. Manny couldn't move his glove fast enough even if he started it when they picked up the puck at center ice. I can't remember: Did Sullivan go top shelf too? That was an awesome shoot-out.

His celebration doesnt match this hell of a goal

That's my favorite bit, totally dead pan, as if to say "What? you didn't expect that?"

Those wicked wristers up high by Erat and Sillinger were sweet, too. Manny couldn't move his glove fast enough even if he started it when they picked up the puck at center ice. I can't remember: Did Sullivan go top shelf too? That was an awesome shoot-out.

If memory serves he went high because nothing was getting past him down low. I still can't believe Kariya's NHL 2k3 deke worked.