Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Motorcycles

Post pics of your bikes..

I love bikes, almost as much as hockey.. here are mine (not pics of mine exactly, but same model/color)...

Suzuki DR-200SE Dual Sport

dr200se7jk.png

Suzuki DRZ-400S Dual Sport

drz400s7zb.jpg

Yamaha FZR-600R

fzr6006lr.gif

Suzuki LS650 Savage

suzukils650savage1fw.jpg

There's my baby. It's not exactly the same, it's an 04', I didn't put any mods into it since I just like to mess around with it. It's fun tho.

Now your talkin....

My project bike, a 1971 TS250 Suzuki

1971_TS250-Hustler_red_250.jpg

The bike I had to give up, 1995 ZX6r Ninja

95zx6rninja.jpg

The bike I dream of at night......

hayabusa.jpg

Don't have any photos of the ones I own/owned so I hope representations are ok.

I was looking into a Ninja 500 last year, but just ran out of time on it. I'm hoping to get my motorcycle liscence again and take a course so it lasts a little longer this go-around.

Hobbes, your project bike looked like an old bike I used to have, a '76 Honda Elsinore MT250.

That bike was awesome. It never quit and any problem I had with it, I could deal with while on the trail. I owned it for 3 years and sold it for the same price I bought it for!

76elsinoremt2505pr.jpg

This was the dirt version, I had the dual sport version...

Here's my Cousin's new bike, he just bought it.

side11kp.jpg

Normal looking, lightly modded 02SE busa, right?..........

motor3kc.jpg

Should be good for 225+ in the standing mile.

i dont have a pic on my computer right now but i have a 2002 yamaha r6. i may be selling it for a 2005 r6 in the raven paint job but i am not sure yet. i have been riding motorcycles since i was about 8, i love them.

I have a 1995 Honda CBR600 f3. I have a couple pics but dont remember my password for photobucket or shutterfly. Ill try to get some pics up tomorrow though.

I also tool around on a YZ 125 when I have time in the summer.

side11kp.jpg

motor3kc.jpg

side11kp.jpg

motor3kc.jpg

:o

I'm in love

Analog,

Ooooo thats a cute one! Those old dirtbikes are the best IMHO. So easy and fun to work on and they never let you down...unless the main pilot jet went kerflewie on you while you were 500' below where you needed to be...nuff said.

I got mine as a trade for an old mountain bike. The Suzuki had not been run for almost 10 years. When I got back to my place I put some new gas in it and it fired right up!

Girl what you gonna do with a 'busa...you weigh next to nothing...my boy's friend had one and he weighed like 120 lb...the bike used to buck him, feet all up in the air, it was great...

My cousin told me if you crack the throttle wide open before the turbo spools - even on wastegate boost and in 6th gear from a slower roll - that it will hang the front while it's spinning the back violently, he likened it to riding a unicycle on ice because the back end just floats around. Keep in mind this is on an 8 inch extended swingarm, his last bike was a cammed 1397CC busa with nitrous, and he's been riding bikes for 20 years, and he told me this scares the shit out of him. I can't wait to go for a ride :D A stock busa tied down really isn't that bad, they're easier to ride than something twitchy like an R1. Hayabusa's are pretty heavy and have a nice laid back riding position, they're a nice bike.

fastest i've ever gone was 140 and i was gonna pee in my pants so i shut it down right away. i've seen other 600rr's at the track hit 150 and could probably go faster if the straight was long enough.

fastest i've ever gone was 140 and i was gonna pee in my pants so i shut it down right away.  i've seen other 600rr's at the track hit 150 and could probably go faster if the straight was long enough.

An 06 GSXR600 with a mid weight rider tucked nicely pegged in 6th gear won't do more than 155 on GPS with a lot of road, so if they're showing 150 on the speedo they're basically done for any non-modded 600.

I have doubts about the accuracy of any speedometer that high. Mine only goes to 165 I think, so I don't even know for sure if I was going 145.

I'm looking at taking my classes in the next year or so and looking at getting a bike after that, so what's a good 1st bike that you guys would highly reccommend?

D-MaN88

I'm looking into them as well, from everything I've read you should stay under 500cc. There's apperantly a really big jump from the 500 to the 600.