Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Why the hell is Avery T.O.'ing?

If I was a pro athlete, I'd pray that I would have lost my rabbit ears by then. It's a microcosm of how he lacks any real toughness.

Like I said if it was a one time thing I think there wouldnt have been an incident like this. Every game that Hayward calls witht he exception of the NBC game on saturday has made some comments that have crossed a line. Theres a way to call a game and when it comes to having something to say about Avery 9 times out of 10 he lets his personal feelings creep into the broadcast. Thats why this incdent happened. Only one time in my life that Ive watched hockey Ive heard an annoucer say I wish someone would give this player a beating. If he says he needs to be held accountable fr his play fine but to say staight forward I wish someone would give him a beating is crossing a line to me. I dont agree with him having to be held back twice as it does show immaturity on his part. But I cant blame the guy for having something to say to Hayward.

I can't say Hayward's not going over lines with his own comments, but if anything make some of his own then. Avery seems to be good at that, but wants to start a fight and we all know he's not good at that. I just find it amusing that the one time Avery wants to be Billy Bigballs it's with an ex-tendy that's now an announcer. I don't see the EU going after Cherry when he comes out of the studio.

I can't say Hayward's not going over lines with his own comments, but if anything make some of his own then. Avery seems to be good at that, but wants to start a fight and we all know he's not good at that. I just find it amusing that the one time Avery wants to be Billy Bigballs it's with an ex-tendy that's now an announcer. I don't see the EU going after Cherry when he comes out of the studio.

I totally agree. He should have just said his peace and left it at that. He was worng by trying tog et violent over it. I think what gets to most in this incident is that by reading the articles on tsn and other sites it just brings up the one game when in fact its been several games that comments that were not necesarrily called for were made. Every sees it as oh he said something one time and avery flipped when thats not the case.

I guarantee you the heat dies down once he actually owns up and fights someone on the ice. I don't think he has it in him. He thinks he's a pretty boy and not putting up pretty boy numbers. 40pts gets you nada on its own.

I guarantee you the heat dies down once he actually owns up and fights someone on the ice. I don't think he has it in him. He thinks he's a pretty boy and not putting up pretty boy numbers. 40pts gets you nada on its own.

The question is who does he have to fight? A heavyweight?

Why not? Domi is a smurf goon but he took on Probert and all the rest of the true Big Boy heavyweights. Give Domi full marks for never backing down. He finishes what he starts.

Why not? Domi is a smurf goon but he took on Probert and all the rest of the true Big Boy heavyweights. Give Domi full marks for never backing down. He finishes what he starts.

So does barnaby, he just usually finishes it on his back.

But a couple of good fights (not just hugging matches) - even ending up on his back - will do more for Avery's image than all this yapping and running. Backing up the yapping and hot-dogging with some toughness will cause people to ease off on the verbal attacks.

Turmoil? Half the team probably wishes this happened 3 months ago. I think firing the coach was an earlier sign of turmoil. This would be the proverbial "icing in the cake."

Turmoil? Half the team probably wishes this happened 3 months ago. I think firing the coach was an earlier sign of turmoil. This would be the proverbial "icing in the cake."

If you say so, pal.

Could this be a step towards pulling themselves out of turmoil, though?

Time will tell.....it should make for a very interesting offseason.

If you say so, pal.

Fletch, come off the ledge.....

He is a free agent, you can root for him next year.............

Yes, I heard from the inside the front office and coaching staff is toast. This info goes back to right after Murray was fired. We each know people who know.

BTW, I screwed up my saying: it is "icing ON the cake", not in the cake. Old defencemen never die, they just get run over more often..........

Yes, I heard from the inside the front office and coaching staff is toast. This info goes back to right after Murray was fired. We each know people who know.

BTW, I screwed up my saying: it is "icing ON the cake", not in the cake. Old defencemen never die, they just get run over more often..........

i was going to correct you.

but thats just posh.

why does avery even play hockey he cant score,hit,fight(as yuo can see in the video) he cant do anything he pisses people off then when they wanna fight he turtles B)

why does avery even play hockey he cant score,hit,fight(as yuo can see in the video) he cant do anything he pisses people off then when they wanna fight he turtles B)

Yeah thats true he cant do any of the above. Thats why hes in the NHL and your sitting home playing house league. And thats the one time hes turtled. BFD not the first guy to do it not the last guy to do it. Every one makes it sound like he does it every game when in fact its once.