Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Why the hell is Avery T.O.'ing?

From the sounds of it, it seems like Avery wanted to fight him.

There is just no way you can defend this guy anymore. Its one after another after another.

I guess this is the Anaheim feed:

http://www.hockeyfighters.com/05_06_Fightc...uk_vs_Cowan.wmv

Even to start it, Avery gives the goalie a snow shower, and starts everything. The guy ripping him in that clip- Ahler's or Carroll, were completely right.

I have an idea, watch that clip and tell me exactly how Avery gavee Giggy a snow shower? Hes 2 feet outside the crease stops right in front of him with his feet almost in line with giggys pads and thats giving him a snow shower?

Pot kettle black... Hayward is every bit the ass-clown on the air that Avery is on the ice.

Agreed, and when you personally insult a person on the air, you should expect him to discuss it with you the next time he sees you.

I love how Avery gets ripped for saying something to Hayward after Hayward has repeatedly bashed him on air. This isnt just from something said during that game.  Hayward had to have an idea that going into the Kings lockerroom after saying all the things he has said that something was bound to happen. You cant  bash a guy over and over and over and not expect him to say something in response.

He should be able to go in there without having some idiot rip into him. Try and understand this...he is a television analyst, it is his job to analyze and critique plays. Sean Avery deserves to be ripped and insulted for the shit he pulls on the ice, why should an announcer not do his job just to make that clown happy. The fact that Avery can't handle being critiqued by a tv analyst without having to berate him is just one more heavy weight on the scale that continues to tip dramatically towards "MORON, MORON, MORON".

Its not the fact that he critiques plays its the fact that his hatred for avery comes out in every single broadcast. This wasnt a one time thing with Hayward saying something about Avery. Every game that hayward does its something else he just has to thrown in about Avery. The way he talks about Avery youd think he had walked into his house and found Avery in bed with his wife and daughter. Hayward had to know that going into the Kings lockerroom after he had ripped Avery apart was going to lead to something happening. When you constantly rip on someone sooner or later they are going to say something back which is exactly what happened.

do you have a mancrush on sean avery?

Pot kettle black...  Hayward is every bit the ass-clown on the air that Avery is on the ice.

Agreed, and when you personally insult a person on the air, you should expect him to discuss it with you the next time he sees you.

i strongly agree with chadd here

I think Avery is above and beyond worse then the guys you mentioned Theo. The only guy who even comes close in my mind to Avery is that bag of douche Rutuu. Somone should pow that guy right in the kisser.

Last time I checked, you don't need a nobel peace prize to play in the NHL.

Ruuto, true!

What makes Avery so bad is not only is he an idiot on the ice, but he says absurd things off the ice. At least Chelios can somewhat play, despite sometimes showing his lack of education off the ice- Plus, he doesn't come close to any of the guys I mentioned, but he just came to mind

last time i checked, the majority of the guys in the show are a major gongshow, and if you saw any of them liek I have, not many of them are role models after hours

Pot kettle black...  Hayward is every bit the ass-clown on the air that Avery is on the ice.

*discuss* being the keyword here...Not start an outlash of anger and wish for a fight.

How bad did Hayward put him down during the game though? If Hayward put down his family, he has every right to run up to him and punch his lights out. But I doubt he put his family down.

If Hayward is the guy with the long hair who used to do ESPN games, I think he is an idiot...For the record

If the guy you trash doesn't appear to have much self-discipline, then be prepared for the discussion to escalate into something more.

If Hayward is the guy with the long hair who used to do ESPN games, I think he is an idiot...For the record

That guy is Brian Engblom, now on CBJ games.

Avery got called out again last night by Kelly Hrudey on HNIC. Will Avery challenge Kelly next? If a player can't take some remarks from a tv guy, he must be pretty damn insecure about himself. Avery owes Cowan big time(not that Avery will ever payback Cowan for stepping in) but we'll never see it happen. Fedoruk actually took mercy on Cowan and held back on the haymakers. He knew his fight was with Avery. Too bad Sean pussied out once again and didn't show up. 5 more games and Sean can go home.

my friend's parents took me to the kings/ducks game last night...

i would have liked to see avery vs fedoruk ...

but all i got was parros vs fedoruk :[

Just to touch on the Avery is a moron detail with the jeff Cowan fight. Jeff is a buddy of my dad's he grew up and played Minor hockey here in orangeville i was tlaking to him a little while ago and he said theres a definite issue with Avery in the room. He wouldn't say anything more because he didnt want to make it seem like avery's the devil but it was very apparant that Jeff is sick of S.A and it seems as though hes not the only King.

Thanks for confirming the lack of respect SA has in his own locker room. Just imagine what a long season it was with this clown.

There is a method to playing the "role" that Avery plays. However, when playing the role becomes all about me and not about the team, then the player really doesn't understand his purpose for being on the team.

Thanks guys for telling me I have a man crush on avery. My whole thing is that regardless of what happens Avery is always to blame. If someone was repeatedly on national tv questioning your manhood the next time you saw him you'd have something to say right? Thats what Avery did. I dotn always agree with things he says or does but in a situation like this where after repeatedly being bashed he confronted the person who was doing it. If it was a one time thing and Avery freaked about it I wouldnt be defending him over it. I cant blame the guy when someone has repeatedly crossed the line as an on air broadcaster. The one thing that makes me laugh is it was ok for Hayward to ahev free reign to say what he wants but not ok for Avery to call him on it.

So he goes at what amounts to be a heckler? Tell him to stop his mussy from bleeding.

If someone repeatedly called you a pussy and said publicly they wished a beating on you , you wouldnt confront that person the next time you saw them?

Avery makes his living by yapping and getting under the skin of other players. Yet when someone insults him, he gets pissed and tries to fight. If he can't take the side effects of his role, then maybe he shouldn't be in the league. Face it, Avery brings a lot of trouble on himself. Maybe if he spent more time fighting on the ice than in the dressing room, people would have a little respect for him.

If I was a pro athlete, I'd pray that I would have lost my rabbit ears by then. It's a microcosm of how he lacks any real toughness.