Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g0o0nshow

tuuk holders

hey, you may have seen my recent posts about my Vector 10.0s and my problems with them, the problems have succesfully been fixed. Anyways the new question is that today I switched from the stock ccm holders to the tuuk lightspeed 2 holders, I was wandering what the differences might be between the ccm and the tuuk holders, thanx.

well the main reason i switched was because of what a NCAA firend did to his and because i see alot of the guys in NHL with the skates have tuuk holders, and i think the guys on this site are sometimes more knowlegable than the ones that work at the LHS i went too

You said in the other thread that you thought that Tuuks were lighter. Either way, not a super good reason. I don't want to be mean, just I think you should have found a better reason before you put down money to get them swaped.

Remember, lighter != better.

The main difference is going to be the pitch. The CCM holders are pitched forward so you are more on your toes. The tuuk's are flatter. and in my opinion the tuuk's are better, but that all depends on your style of skating and your preferences that's just my opinon.

Not to hijack the thread but it saved me from posting a new one. I am thinking about having mine changed and I was just wondering how hard is it to switch? Do you have to drill a lot of new holes? I'm going to do it next weekend if possible, thanks

Is it possible to adjust the pitch on Tuuk's to match that of a Cobra or CCM holder? How close can you get?

I think you can match any holder to any other holder provided that the runners are profiled accordingly.

Is it possible to adjust the pitch on Tuuk's to match that of a Cobra or CCM holder?  How close can you get?

I think you can match any holder to any other holder provided that the runners are profiled accordingly.

Yep you can do that. Heel lifts are another option.

i've always thought tuuks are pitched more towards the heel so you get more agility while ccm holders are more neutral? don't quote me on this though i may be wrong

Sort of a related topic: One of my CCM holders cracked after two months. I prefer Tuuks to the CCM blades. What is the proper size Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holder to fit size 7.5D CCM Vector Pro? 263? Thanks!

Should be 263 for size 7.5, but you may be able to fit a 272. I think 272 are usually used on Bauer 8.0's and 8.5's, . I think a buddy of mine has 7.5D pro tacks with 272mm Lightspeeds on them, so they should work on your skates. Go to your LHS and match them up. I'd say going one size up from stock is typically a good idea. Gives more blade on the ice. Alot of pros do that. Sort of like the new Tuuk LS2 Power holder. They are about 1/3 of an inch longer than the regular LS2. Ofcourse it still depends on the profile you have as to how much of the blade is actually on the ice. If you got a 272mm LS2 Power (not available yet), you would have a long blade for a size 7.5 skate. Good if you like added stability and glide speed. Your agility may suffer slightly.

Personally, I didn't notice that much of a difference going from the LS2's to the LS2 Powers on my One90's.

7.5D Vectors I believe have the 272, I know the 263 is on 7D Tacks and 6.5D Externos. Simple answer is get the Tuuk that's the same length as the E-Pros you had on there.

I am skating on vector 10.0s and although I don't hate the holders, I don't feel very comfortable. I think the pitch is fine but the "feel" is not. I also heard the pitch of LS2 is no longer on the heel and is more neutral? is it worth the switch?

I have the LS2 on my Flexlite 10 and it is definately a more heel down pitch than what my ProLite3 was on my 652's. I think that all CCM's have the same pitch. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think when folks get new skates they are too quick to blame the holders or steel, when in fact they are just going thru the normal adjustment period. There is little advantage for most people to change holders, regardless of brand. When you put a holder on your skate from another brand, you are just asking for problems in the future and will be making many trips to your LHS for repairs. Trust me, I have people walk in my door every day with issues. SO, leave the skate in stock condition, get a custom radius to suit your abilities, and you will adapt and skate just fine.

I think when folks get new skates they are too quick to blame the holders or steel, when in fact they are just going thru the normal adjustment period. There is little advantage for most people to change holders, regardless of brand. When you put a holder on your skate from another brand, you are just asking for problems in the future and will be making many trips to your LHS for repairs. Trust me, I have people walk in my door every day with issues. SO, leave the skate in stock condition, get a custom radius to suit your abilities, and you will adapt and skate just fine.

point noted, e-pro, no breakages, no problems

The main difference is going to be the pitch. The CCM holders are pitched forward so you are more on your toes. The tuuk's are flatter. and in my opinion the tuuk's are better, but that all depends on your style of skating and your preferences that's just my opinon.

Small correction on your point there. (No Offence)

new info:::This information just came out to me last week.

The CCM steel has had a 1/32nd of an inch added to the toe of the steel (in 2005) to make it feel like a tuuk. A typical tuuk has about 19/32nds in the front and 18/32nds in the back so therefore it actually has a reverse lean (not used by anyone anymore) so not really understanding CCM's reasoning as you have to lower the front of the Tuuk when profiling to get it flat or lower it more to give it even a slight lean.

It's for all of those shops who grind the hell out of the toe. Now it's going to take longer for them to screw it up.