Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

Can your notebook do this

lol i know. The majority of PC users have no idea what is going on, of course you can remove a virus easily... but most people dont even update their definitions. Im sure you have at least 10 pieces of spyware or malicious code on your pc right now. Just because your scanners dont pick it up dosent mean you dont have it. Maybe your pc is being used as a spam server WOO HOO

well, you kinda jumped the gun and catagorized me with "most people", which was your mistake, I take care of my computer, whether you think so or not, and I am sure that I have no spyware on it :P

I most certinly did not. Its just that it is almost impossible to avoidy these days. Using every spyware checker (and even multiple virus scaners) will not ensure 100% protection... so just get a mac...

I'd crash any mac trying to run HL2LC on 1680x1050 res <_<

I realy doubt your crashing a quad g5 with 16gb of ram, Quadro FX 4500 video card with 512 mb of ram, 30" display (4 million pixels)... you can try tho.

I'd crash any mac trying to run HL2LC on 1680x1050 res <_<

I realy doubt your crashing a quad g5 with 16gb of ram, Quadro FX 4500 video card with 512 mb of ram, 30" display (4 million pixels)... you can try tho.

jolly good, and how much do you plan to pay for upgrading the ram to 16gb??

you should have (in these troubled times) at least 1GB. This machine is really for Video Editing and such.

yeah, most comps come standard with 512mb. Usually 1gb of ram is enough for some people, but for some fanatics like vapor they prefer to go with 16gb :P

I wish I could spend 10grand on ram alone :(

no, as long as you run os x (as you are now) you will not get a virus. I would without a doubt upgrade form the ibook to the mbp. the processor is at least 5x faster, comes with more ram, a bigger screen, backlit keyboard, an isight camera, dedicated video card, and soooo many more featuers

also features the ability to run Adobe programs at less then half speed for the next 6 months =D

I'm considering a Macbook pro but the only reason would be for the video and graphics editing that I do. Anyone that does either might as well wait, by then the new Adobe products will be out and the new revision of the macbooks will be out.

Well write adobe and tell them to write a fucking dual binary version of their suite. Its not thattt slow... but OS X has to run rosetta, so it will without a doubt not be full speed.

Yeah, i know its Adobe's fault. The slowness definately limits productivity though. I had it running in OSX on my PC and about an hour into a webpage layout i said fuck it and went back to Windows. If only apple would release a graphics editing package on par w/ Photoshop =D Anyway, my point was the not everyone should switch to a MacBook(Pro) right now, there are draw backs and reasons to stay with what you have.

no, as long as you run os x (as you are now) you will not get a virus. I would without a doubt upgrade form the ibook to the mbp. the processor is at least 5x faster, comes with more ram, a bigger screen, backlit keyboard, an isight camera, dedicated video card, and soooo many more featuers

(Homer Simpson Voice)"ooo backlit keyboard!"

Thanks for your answer, my question is can you get a virus if you are running OSX on PC hardware?

I agree, no you can't get a virus. You may even be better protected since if any virus were to be written for Macs and it was hardware specific you would have different hardware.

You definately wouldn't be susceptible to PC viruses since the software is entirely different. Just like Linux users aren't effected by Windows viruses even though they use the exact same hardware.

Finally got my MacBook on the internet. Looks like I made a dumb mistake by not putting the user name in the right place. O well, websites look so good on an apple.

Its pretty nice, no problems with reflections or anything. I made a few smudges accidently, soft cloth and water cleaned it right up. This thing is beautiful.

This is a good program for those who made the mistake of buying a mac in the first place right?

Buy a Mac and use it as a pc...or pay half as much and use a pc...as a pc.

I dont see many people getting a program so they can run OS X on a pc.

The monitor sensor is cool though, by hitting and damaging your mac, you can make it a pc, RESULT

Find me a good PC laptop for $550 and you have me sold.

Check slickdeals.net and buy a Dell deal when it comes up. And once you have a PC, never pay for software again, because you can find it free with a multitude of p2p options.