Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

One90: 1 Month On Ice

Which "Savardian Spinnerama" did you pull off: Serge or Denis? :P

Nice review.

Serge!! Glad you picked up on it. I never had Denis type speed! Serge was like a huge trumpeter swan on ice back in the day. Too many times he pulled the Danny Gallivan inspired "Savardian spinner-rama" on the team of my youth: the break-your-heart-every-spring New York Rangers!! I can see Serge now wheeling away form the likes of Gilbert and Ratelle on the forecheck.

Darkstar: I'm planning on going to my LHS for the skates, but to be honest, they're pretty incompetent. More then half the time it's 15yr old kids working the shop and the manager "in the back". I was only asking so that I have a good idea where to start, and hopefully save everyones time by getting the right size off the bat.

Johnson74,

If I may add a technical point that is usaully answered right away within MSH. The inside ankle bone has always sat close to the eyelets with semtrical boots and has been borderline for many players.

It is important to note that the ONE90 inside ankles are advanced by 8mm (+ - 1mm) forward (size 8) which inhances the fit and performance this skate design is all about. Very easy to see and understand if you look down with the boot in front of you.

Chris - agreed...it's really hard for them to understand when they haven't really seen the boot. Once they see it it'll all make sense.

Peter...you're killing me. My 3 mos review will be better. :P

JR,

Since your time with the One90 is longer than mine so far, perhaps you can go to the all important durability issue. I didn't mean to steal your thunder but some people were curious for thoughts on the skates. To everyone: this is what is known as the "short term" evaluation.

Darkstar50, much thanks for the very informative review!

JR, after seeing and feeling your skate and the more and more I read on people's experience, the more it seems I may just pick up a pair from you soon ... that and a truck load of Oberon! :D

the stores around here are saying shipments arrive early july....some stores around here are getting a pair to put on the shelves, but none for sale so far

Just now midway through a 45 minute session on a clean sheet of ice with the One 90s, the thought came to me: the only NHL players I feel sorry for are the ones with skate endorsement contracts with the other companies!

the only NHL players I feel sorry for are the ones with skate endorsement contracts with the other companies!

You mean like Chris Drury............nevermind, he dumped his Syngery Skates for the One 90's.

the only NHL players I feel sorry for are the ones with skate endorsement contracts with the other companies!

You mean like Chris Drury............nevermind, he dumped his Syngery Skates for the One 90's.

Smart move by Chris. And Doug Weight pulled back-to-back 360s in the attack zone corner with the puck in the third period the other night on his One90s.

Precious metal. "Precious, my precious..."

According to the catalog description:

Upper Features

Quarter Package- 3D thermoformed Tech Mesh

Lining Material- Hydrophobic Clarino synthetic leather

Heel Support- Exterior dual-density heel wedge

Ankle Padding- Lightweight insta-form + foam ankle pads

Tongue Construction- Precision molded anatomical tongue with high-density

metatarsal guard

Footbed- Composite power channel construction

Thermoformable- Full upper

Lower Features

Outsole- Perforated, full texallium composite

Blade Holder and Runner- Tuuk Lightspeed 2 POWER with solid steel runner

There ya go!!

I saw a sample pair of the One90's today in my LHS today. I didn't see a price, but I was holding it and sort of "inspecting" it, and all I really can or have to say is Wow. Those were my exact words, and people in the store thought I was crazy for taking about 5 minutes looking at it until I realized I have to get dressed. I was very surprised. The skate is INSANELY light, and everything looks like it was made to be top-performance/durability. It looks like every feature was worked on by a different person. I now know why many pro's have switched to it, and I think I may know what my next skate may be, that is, if my damn foot decides to cooperate with me once and not just fit into a THC or Mission skate.

I saw a sample pair of the One90's today in my LHS today. I didn't see a price, but I was holding it and sort of "inspecting" it, and all I really can or have to say is Wow. Those were my exact words, and people in the store thought I was crazy for taking about 5 minutes looking at it until I realized I have to get dressed. I was very surprised. The skate is INSANELY light, and everything looks like it was made to be top-performance/durability. It looks like every feature was worked on by a different person. I now know why many pro's have switched to it, and I think I may know what my next skate may be, that is, if my damn foot decides to cooperate with me once and not just fit into a THC or Mission skate.

ebondo, u live in NC dont you? Where did they have them?

I'm a Canes fan cause of the former Flyers (Brind'Amour Williams Recchi) and because the name of my team this year is the Hurricanes and we have their jersey's and stuff. I HATE the Devils with a passion so I was glad they got knocked out, I'm a Flyers fan baby!

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like any other tuuk radius. However, the power holder is longer, than any other tuuk, meaning you have more blade on the ice when you use them.