Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

One90: 1 Month On Ice

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like any other tuuk radius. However, the power holder is longer, than any other tuuk, meaning you have more blade on the ice when you use them.

Thanks for pointing that out to us stats. If you ever took the time to read the other 400 threads you would of known about the LS2P.

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like  any other tuuk radius.  However, the power holder is longer, than any other tuuk, meaning you have more blade on the ice when you use them.

Thanks for pointing that out to us stats. If you ever took the time to read the other 400 threads you would of known about the LS2P.

Be nice to the rookies.

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like  any other tuuk radius.  However, the power holder is longer, than any other tuuk, meaning you have more blade on the ice when you use them.

Be nice to the rookies.

Its just annoying how he posts in every topic and they're pointless.

I saw a sample pair of the One90's today in my LHS today. I didn't see a price, but I was holding it and sort of "inspecting" it, and all I really can or have to say is Wow. Those were my exact words, and people in the store thought I was crazy for taking about 5 minutes looking at it until I realized I have to get dressed. I was very surprised. The skate is INSANELY light, and everything looks like it was made to be top-performance/durability. It looks like every feature was worked on by a different person. I now know why many pro's have switched to it, and I think I may know what my next skate may be, that is, if my damn foot decides to cooperate with me once and not just fit into a THC or Mission skate.

Enjoyed your first impressions. We can only talk about it so much. You have to see the One90 to believe it. The same goes for the One90 glove when you see them and try them on.

Be nice to the rookies.

Its just annoying how he posts in every topic and they're pointless.

ok, smack him around!

haha.....internet tough guys......i love people like you

Is the the birth of Yglod junior?

I've seen the 1-90 and it seems like a pretty nice skate. I went to Easton after Bauer/Nike KO'd me with a pair of Vapor XX's that fell apart in less than six months. I'm in the Synergy 1300C right now and their just as light and fit me perfectly from the first day. I'll stick with them for now until I can determine if the durability is there with the 1-90's. I'm not paying out $600 for a pair of skates that won't hold up and I won't take the chance on buying a new line of skate again until it's shown it will hold up. The pros endorse them and get them for free, a luxury a working guy like you or me don't have.

By the way my 1300's have held up admirably playing two times a week for the last year and a half and there's been no damage other than a slight scrap down the right heel of my right skate after scuffing the boards on a hard body check. Still feel solid and are incredibly comfortable now that their broken in. I can only believe the newer 1500 and 1200 Synergy must be even more awesome.

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like any other tuuk radius.

I've always heard the radius of a tuuk custom + was 9. Just to clear my mind, is it 9 or 11?

The radius on the ls2 power holders out of the box is 11, just like  any other tuuk radius.

I've always heard the radius of a tuuk custom + was 9. Just to clear my mind, is it 9 or 11?

Kovy, 9. Pretty sure anyone, mods included would agree.

Question though, if the blade on the ls2 power has more blade on the ice, then would it really be an 11 foot?

I have wondered almost the same thing, albeit from a different angle. I have always understood that with standard steel only a portion of your blade is actually in contact with the ice at any given time. If true, then with a longer blade but the same radius, shouldn't you still have the same amount of steel in contact with the ice, no more or less ? And if so, why should that feel any different ?

Someone please correct/inform/educate me here, I really want to understand this.

Hey darkstars, how's the tendon guard holding up one your skates? I know that they had problem with this on many skates. Just want to know if they solved that problem.

Enjoyed your first impressions. We can only talk about it so much. You have to see the One90 to believe it. The same goes for the One90 glove when you see them and try them on.

Yeah, definitely enjoyed first impressions. I wanna get a pair but my 5K Pumps are only 3 months old.

I can't wait to see the One90 glove, I'm holding off on a new pair till I see them, cause I may buy a pair of the One70's, which are pretty much the same as the One90 glove, right?

Hey darkstars, how's the tendon guard holding up one your skates? I know that they had problem with this on many skates. Just want to know if they solved that problem.

I'd also like to know this...It looks like regular plastic to me so if a puck or stick hit it right then that would suck to break the tendon guard.

no it's not about the puck(I mean if a puck hit it, it won't break), it's about normal use of the skates. The tendon guard is so thin that it kinda get real soft in no time. At least that's what 4-5 players had on our team this year.

Yeah, definitely enjoyed first impressions. I wanna get a pair but my 5K Pumps are only 3 months old.

I can't wait to see the One90 glove, I'm holding off on a new pair till I see them, cause I may buy a pair of the One70's, which are pretty much the same as the One90 glove, right?

What kind of glove do you normally like? because those gloves are really different than most brands.

i had a chance to try on the new one90 gloves at my lhs and loved them! i've been wearing the quest 1 gloves so the fit was the same but better. i would of got myself a pair but they only had pure black or navy and coming from someone who wears neon orange gloves those colors just didn't do the trick.