Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

Costing your team the game.......

Just got back from the semi-final of a roller hockey tourney. Here's the scenario, 2-2 with 1:30 to go. Faceoff in their end, we win the draw, get a shot, goalie catches it and plays it down to his d-man, feeds it up to the captain 1 on 1 he pulls the Phil Kessel move and I read it and I put out my left foot to stop it, I miss it he scores. 1:09 remaining...... It gets worse; We pull the goalie, I go on as the extra attacker. I get my chance to get it back, go in alone deke backhand and miss. What pisses me off is I'm our teams best scorer(also not a defence man), but I had to play defence all tourney because we were missing a couple.

The bottem line is, I got dangled and it cost our team the game. Not to blame the coach(it's completly my fault that I got danced), but I told him at half to move me up to forword and he said no. Sooooo.. F. Any horror stories that would make mine seem like no big deal? Help me out guys.

No stories like that, but in general, I think its really hard to say that in a team sport like hockey any one guy cost his team the game. In your situation, you say the game was tied at 2. So, how come your forwards didn't score more? The two earlier goals your team gave up, I bet there were defensive breakdowns that weren't your fault. My point is just that over the course of a full game, when your team loses, if everyone on the team thinks about it, there was probably something they could have done differently that might have helped the team win.

I once brought the puck back into my own end, only to over skate it and give up a clear breakaway. The other team went up by one. Lucky for me I scored 2 in the 3rd to make up for it. We did win in the end. But I know the feeling.

Just got back from the semi-final of a roller hockey tourney. Here's the scenario, 2-2 with 1:30 to go. Faceoff in their end, we win the draw, get a shot, goalie catches it and plays it down to his d-man, feeds it up to the captain 1 on 1 he pulls the Phil Kessel move and I read it and I put out my left foot to stop it, I miss it he scores. 1:09 remaining...... It gets worse; We pull the goalie, I go on as the extra attacker. I get my chance to get it back, go in alone deke backhand and miss. What pisses me off is I'm our teams best scorer(also not a defence man), but I had to play defence all tourney because we were missing a couple.

The bottem line is, I got dangled and it cost our team the game. Not to blame the coach(it's completly my fault that I got danced), but I told him at half to move me up to forword and he said no. Sooooo.. fuck. Any horror stories that would make mine seem like no big deal? Help me out guys.

I bet the locker room atmosphere was "electric!" :lol:

No stories like that, but in general, I think its really hard to say that in a team sport like hockey any one guy cost his team the game. In your situation, you say the game was tied at 2. So, how come your forwards didn't score more? The two earlier goals your team gave up, I bet there were defensive breakdowns that weren't your fault. My point is just that over the course of a full game, when your team loses, if everyone on the team thinks about it, there was probably something they could have done differently that might have helped the team win.

That's what my coach was trying to tell me, but it was the clutch situation and I played the puck instead of the man. A cardinal sin. What's done is done. I'm sure I'll learn from it.

What Is The ' Phil Kessel Move'?

He dekes to one side and then pulls the puck past you, also jumping past you too.

the one hand forsberg?

He comes down the wing puts one hand on stick like Forsberg but to get inside postion on the dman he hops over their stick and drags the puck around them

Don't sweat it. It happens, just come back strong. I fanned on a puck in the last minute of a tie game creating a break-away which lost us the game. Another championship game we had a face-off in our own end 7 seconds left, we set a play, not alot of time so I took a slapshot at the blueline as soon as I hit it. Hit the post, buzzer goes, we lose by 1.

Just make sure you rebound. If you can limit the mistake to only happening once then your golden. I know your a clutch guy anyways, so it's not like this is a recurring problem with you.

He comes down the wing puts one hand on stick like Forsberg but to get inside postion on the dman he hops over their stick and drags the puck around them

:wacko:

Dude i have had loads of times like that, but the way you have to look at is in another light, maybe that could have been avoided, but did you help make the teams other goals. At a tournament we were 2-2 with one of the favourites, and 6 seconds its a 2 on 1, i get the pass and it slips off my stick at the far post. But in that game i set up the other 2,s o i can't say the draw was my fault. And i guaruntee people do it all the time but usually only they will notice, i felt like crap after but no-one blaimed me.

:angry:

It wasn't that extreme, he basically slipped the puck outside and jumped inside on me.

Edit: all isn't lost, we qualified for narch.....most likely in gold.

Is Narch in Burlington this year? I saw some posters up at Nelson and my convenor asked if I wanted to put a team into a tourney.

Ok so this is a near horror story, but was pretty funny....

... A d-man on our team at a tourny this weekend skates back towards our net, tries to back hand it behind the net.... doesnt quite realise how far our he is and hits it towards our goal! It hits the post luckily and bounces behind the keeper whos just out of his slot!

It was incredibly close and was in a close game! i think we won 4-3 in the end!

I think Burlington may have been this weekend, FINALS are @ Hershey Centre in Mississuauga,

commercial that will be playing is on the www.narch.com homepage

I think there is one last one in Ontario in 2-3 weeks and Buffalo next week

Here's my horror story from the only time I ever played D.

My 2nd game ever in I-League, our team was kinda short handed so they put me on at D so we could have our better skaters playing forward. The first time the opposing forward came back he skated right around me like I was a practice cone and scored. A few minutes later, another guy came back and once again skated around me and scored. I was pulled and moved to right wing for the rest of the game. I believe we ended up losing that game, but those are the breaks.

In the end we all want to win and try our darndest to do so, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Remeber no matter what anyone ever tells you Hockey is only a game and no one dies in the end. The best thing you can do after any loss is to look back at what happoned and try to learn from it and not do that again. There will be times that you really couldn't have done anything better, you just get out played by someone with better luck or skill. Rember that life is full of disappointment, get used to it.

Earlier this season we were at a tournament, playing Sunday morning, trying to earn ourselves a spot in that night's championship game (the point-system dictated that we needed a win to move-on - a tie wouldn't do it for us).

Late third period, tie-game, we're on the PK. I'm putting a LOT of on deep in their end, desperate to force something and maybe get the winner. Defenseman rushes a pass to their center, cutting along the far-side (left-wing) boards, before he is able to pick his head-up and find the puck (we've all seen this, right?). The puck bounces off the boards, off the center's skates and finds my fellow-forechecker. I burst out of the corner and into the slot, where my buddy feeds me a pass. I fake a one-timer, and the defenseman covering me bites, so I'm able to walk around him and in on goal, almost alone. I fight through a couple hooks and slashes, and, in the low-slot, pick the low, stick-side corner. I fire a quick wrister that beats the goalie and...

...PING!...

The puck catches the inside of the post and riccochets back across the crease, behind the goalie, and toward the far corner...

...We never got another or a better chance, finished the game in a tie and had to endure a long, long bus trip home, empty-handed. Obviously, as the leading scorer on the team, I was not used to not finishing those types of chances, be it a pressure situation or not - so I felt/feel as though I let the boys down. I took it hard and personally, and still feel terrible.

We just had a Narch qualifier and there was 1:30 left and we were up 7-6 on a power-play. My buddy took it back into our end, got tripped while trying to pass it up and they scored. There should have been a penalty called but that's life. Also during that tournament our goalie blew a game for us where we were dominating and he let in the clutch goals. I never like to blame the goalie but he must have felt horrible.

That's what my coach was trying to tell me, but it was the clutch situation and I played the puck instead of the man. A cardinal sin. What's done is done. I'm sure I'll learn from it.

Sometimes we get beat. You have to forget about it before the next shift and just go. At least it wasn't the conference finals and you took a penalty in OT and then the Sabres score or something like that. It's a team sport and if you know the mistake you made I bet it won't happen again.