Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

domileafs28

Domi Leafs Infamous Video

Don't be so hard on yourself, there's no reason to talk about how much you "suck" -- you said it's your first season? Practice, man... even to those that it comes naturally, they have to practice to perfect it. Just have fun.

Its ok dude. You just need to stop trying to impress everyone on here by acting like a "badass". It doesnt work that way.

You WILL get better, it just comes with time :)

Obviously you still are since the video doesn't work...

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

It says unavaliable so i looked at your other vids, is it the toe drag vid?

okay it is working now!! check her out!

here ya go

i know my toe drags aren't too good either but this is another wrister video.

Quit leaning back on your shots. Lean forward a little bit and really work on your weight transfer.

ok could you kindly explain this weight transfer thing. everyone keeps telling me to do it. i have tried it forty-eleven different ways and my shot wobbles and is no where near accurate when i try to transfer the weight.

do you mean i should "step through" my shots?? maybe i need to quit standing still and try shooting while moving?? i was bringing the puck behind my back leg and bending that knee. when do i need to transfer my weight?? do i transfer when i start moving the puck or do i transfer at the release??

ok could you kindly explain this weight transfer thing. everyone keeps telling me to do it. i have tried it forty-eleven different ways and my shot wobbles and is no where near accurate when i try to transfer the weight.

do you mean i should "step through" my shots?? maybe i need to quit standing still and try shooting while moving?? i was bringing the puck behind my back leg and bending that knee. when do i need to transfer my weight?? do i transfer when i start moving the puck or do i transfer at the release??

Your weight is being kept on your back foot and front foot-- middle of your body instead of being distirbuted forward into your shot and to your front foot. Which is one of the reasons it looks like a golf shot. See LoXish video - although its a slapshot u see how al his weight is distributed to his front foot-- his back foot isnt even on the ground when he lets the shot go--- thats what is meant by weight transfer. Thats the general idea of weight transfer that you should be incorportaing into your wrister. Feet should Not be planted like a golf shot.

There you go. Good way to look at it. Try stepping through. almost all of your weight should be on your back leg to to start the shot then you need to "step through" to the other leg as your shooting to transfer the weight. Also stop kicking your back leg forward. Lean forward more and you still need more knee bend. Try standing perpendicular to the net and try to emphasize the weight transfer. You should not be standing parallel to the target you are aiming for as that forces you to use JUST your arms and when you try to weight transfer in that stance, that is what is causing that back leg to kick forward to generate more power.

Another way to visualize it:

Standing only on your left foot (since you shoot right), point your blade towards the net as far as you can. If you are really reaching, you will have to put your right foot in the air for balance. Then, reach some more. Pretend that somebody is pulling you towards the net by the blade. Then, reach some more.

This is roughly where you want to finish your follow through. Try to get to this position when you are shooting.

You might be putting too much "oomph" into the first part of your shot, so you are then pulling your stick around way to your left to keep your balance. If you put more "oomph" later in the shot, you will end up with your blade pointing more at the net.

Shoot slower at first; it isn't practice that makes perfect, but perfect practice that makes perfect.

2 things aside from the weight transfer:

-position your bottom (right) hand lower down the shaft. you'll find that your accuracy and power will increase. Right now you look like you're in a driving range or sth.

-get lower. you're still a little too upright. the more balanced you are the more power you will get.

Here's a site for you Click Here it's not much but it features one of the best shooters in the game!

There are some videos in Quicktime format, with Jeff Friesen (currently Washington, former Anaheim & NJ player) shooting different shots.

Writst, Slap & Firstimers, the videos are in slowmotion and give a good impression of the "right" shooting form.

Search on google and you may find em'

I have them on the harddisk but am unable to upload them.

Found them:

http://www.bonus.com/bonus/nav/scooter/sco...w%2Ebonus%2Ecom

i tried putting 100% of my weight on the front foot during release. you're right, my back foot was up in the air, and my shot speed like doubled. thanks for explaining it...

btw miike, your really good with the ball, i'm about there... after getting really good with the ball i sucked with the puck so i tossed the ball.

i tried putting 100% of my weight on the front foot during release. you're right, my back foot was up in the air, and my shot speed like doubled. thanks for explaining it...

btw miike, i would kill you stickhandling a ball. after getting really good with the ball i sucked with the puck so i tossed the ball.

Ermm, try putting some weight onto your stick. Really lean onto it.