Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

What excuse do you use to keep on gearwhoring?

:o ITS LIKE CRACK-SOMEBODY NEEDS TO INVENT A 12 STEP PROGRAM FOR GEAR!

I'm a gear whore-Acceptance and recognition is the first step.

THANK GOD I'M NO LONGER A GOALTENDER!!!

I'd be divorced and on the streets, living out of my wheeled bag (mobile home?)

with a sign that says "why lie, I need an OPS fix" or "why mask my problem" sic

Time to head for the LHS-I'm having a relapse :rolleyes:

The first step is having the courage to admit that you have a problem... ;)

I really don't need anything else at this point.

The only thing I don't have duplicates of are helmet and shoulder pads.  I'm pretty happy with both.

Otherwise, I'm a gear whore:

Gloves: 6 pairs

Pants: 3 pairs

Elbows:  2 (old ones not used anymore, but not thrown away)

Skates: 4 pairs (3 old pairs not used, but not thrown away)

Sticks: I move around between an XN10, Adrenaline, 2 Red Lites, and an Easton Z Bubble.  All have Modano/Forsberg (or clone) except for one Sakic.

would you sell any of those gloves? :rolleyes:

Haha... The stuff you'd want is the stuff I use the most.

Those Bauer 5000 Pro Stock gloves from Hockey Giant RULE!

AND!! I got them for $40!! :D :D

how? arent they 79.99?

About a month ago or so, they dropped the price to $39.99. A whole bunch of people here got them.

Couldn't pass up that deal!

For a while it was "This stick doesn't work and the blade is split!" Forsberg Z-Carbons seem to have fixed that problem though ;)

I could use new shin pads (or be cheap and just fix the straps) and a new helmet though (1 piece of foam fell out, put it back in place though)

I have slowed down on the gear whoring, old list

gloves,

Sande MaxQ's

Mission Warp Zero's

Mission Icon

MIssion Seven1Fours

Sticks

Mission M1

2 Mission Flyweights

Mission Dangler

Inno True 1

TPS Redlight

Skates

Mission Pure Fly roller conversion

Mission Pro Stock Flyweight Conversion

Mission VI's

But I have cut it down to

Wapr Zero's for gloves

True1 and M-1 for sticks

Made my pure flys ice skates again And left my Flyweights for roller, But I do plan on buying the new wicked lights when they come out.

The key to cutting down on gear is a 500 dollar truck payment and 2 hundred for insurance. Add on a snap-on bill and a Mac bill.... its enough to stop whoreing gear for a while.

:blink: I was doing really well at rehab for this until all this discussion brought forth flashbacks

Forgive me for I have been weak

I had to go score a fix

I took my lunch money and went without donuts to make sure I had cash for the dealer.......

He hooked me up good and in a few minutes the endorphins hit like a freight train.......

Its amazing what Easton Stealth 9 shinpads will do :ph34r:

Now what can I sell or pawn for..........................

im not really one, but i like this site a lot which has encouraged it a lot. i have only 2 sticks(Stealth, Dolomite 2 piece) 1 helmet, 2 pairs of shinpads(growin out of old, but not enough to use the new ones), 1 shoulder, 1 elbow set. then there is the pants. i have 4 pairs(lol). only one fits, and i have an interesting time findingn pants that fit cuase im tall and skinny. only one pair fits really well. also to lazy to sell other pair of the pants.

My obsession of the moment changes quite a bit, during the season I will buy sticks that I don't need and replace a piece of equipment as soon as there is a rip in it. Last summer when I was working I would buy shoes for the future, still haven't gotten to one pair, and now it is soccer, bought a hat, jacket and jersey in the past week or two. Obviously, everything is used to a certain degree but when it comes time to university after next year I will surely regret all my spur of the moment purchases. As far as dealing with it goes, I don't really buy anything that isn't practical so it isn't that big of a deal at the moment.

Never really had an excuse, then again I let my wife's shoe and purse insanity go along so she owes me leniency. I now have an excuse for gloves as I shipped some up here and found out the box was full of mold. Yummy.

I started playing a couple years back and bought equiptment and such on sale. As I progressed and realized I was going to be playing more I added new stuff that fit properly and made me more comfortable. I just finished a complete overhaul of stuff so I don't see a need for awhile. I will still keep buying certain things like sticks and such just for fun and to have them. But I gave up all my vices so I view it as a treat to myself.

I just recently started whoring sticks, and I have no excuse at this point.

I have a CCM V130, Si-Core Synergy, pro-stock SL grip, Vapor V and a broken M-1 with a Synthesis blade. Not nearly as much as a few other guys on here, but it's quite a bit for me, and I'm still trying to fill a void in my arsenal, and I think a Response XN10 will do fit perfectly. :rolleyes:

Im probably the least gear whoring person ever.

Sherwood 5030 elbows, cooper SB89 shouldies (older than me probs - im 16) some old tackla shorts, 652 shins, 5000 bucket, 8090 skates and Bauer Vapour XV sticks (two). I only 'whore when i have to, eg out in canada when its so much cheaper. Esp. blades because i break an insane amount - 8 in 15 games.....

Sherwood 5030 elbows, cooper SB89 shouldies (older than me probs - im 16) some old tackla shorts, 652 shins, 5000 bucket, 8090 skates and Bauer Vapour XV sticks (two). I only 'whore when i have to, eg out in canada when its so much cheaper. Esp. blades because i break an insane amount - 8 in 15 games.....

Since when/where is gear cheaper up hear? Gear here (In Edmonton) is at premium prices. It makes me sick... the Easton CNT sticks are going for 310$ in most shops. And all the left handed sticks sell out so fast that you never get closeouts on them. If I or anyone I knew played right handed, they could get some great deals on all the right handed sticks that sit and languish in the shops, getting marked down over and over again.

Since when/where is gear cheaper up hear? Gear here (In Edmonton) is at premium prices. It makes me sick... the Easton CNT sticks are going for 310$ in most shops. And all the left handed sticks sell out so fast that you never get closeouts on them. If I or anyone I knew played right handed, they could get some great deals on all the right handed sticks that sit and languish in the shops, getting marked down over and over again.

yep! canada is the most expensive place to get equipment... no doubt about it :rolleyes:

For the most part I have tweaked my gear until it fits/feels exactly the way I want it to fit/feel. I still replace sticks when I need them and if I ever find shoulder/shin/elbow pads that fit better I will try them as well, but I really am comfortable with what I have. For me, it's all about finding stuff that feels so good, that I don't need to get something else just because it's new.

If your new to hockey, spend your money on ice time. It will get you better faster than tweeking the gear (unless something you have is way out of wack). Maybe get some stuff to practice at home like a smart hocey ball or something. Ice time should be your biggest expendature, not the gear. League games, stick and puck, pickup, and clinics. If you have money to burn, get a private lesson.

Yeah but he's in Europe. Gear would be cheaper in Canada than in Europe, or at the very least there would be a better selection.

i am a gear whore too.....

i get like 3-4 new sticks a season (one peice top of the liners)

and i also seem to get a lot of helmets too...

i have had 3 bauer 5000s and 2 bauer 8000s

i also seem to buy stff if i think i need it, wich i never really do. i love new stuff