Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeysew

Psyching up

i think its better to go into a game completely relaxed, at least thats what i do and i think it works pretty good, no need to get worked up and anxious before a game

Coffee, Sudafed, and Red Bull does the trick. :lol:

coffee AND red bull? slick :lol:

i'm sorry, that sudafed part made me laugh out loud :P

i think its better to go into a game completely relaxed, at least thats what i do and i think it works pretty good, no need to get worked up and anxious before a game

It depends on what kind of game you play. I'm pretty sure guys like Lidstrom don't rock out to Led Zeppelin before games, while someone like Raffi Torres would.

It depends for me, if we're playing a local derby against one our rivals its heavy rock and envisioning death all the way. However if we're playing a fairly finnesse team then a bit mozart or beethoven does the trick.

I agree, just seems to me when you get all worked up you carry that onto the ice and overdue it, take stupid penalties and make stupid mistakes.

I'd rather go out cool, calm and collected, but that's just me

It depends for me, if we're playing a local derby against one our rivals its heavy rock and envisioning death all the way. However if we're playing a fairly finnesse team then a bit mozart or beethoven does the trick.

lol I laughed when I read that but... maybe that would work over in Europe but I can't see EVER listening to Mozart to psych myself for any game.

watch hockey videos, then dump before i leave the house ( i definitely skate faster after this ) and im sure Roach would agree.

then psych myslef up with cool tunes, iron maiden, metallica, exodus, motley crue.

a regular routine.....

never eat within 3 hours of a game, poop within an hour before, heavy music on the drive to the rink. I've been into Avenged Sevenfold lately, and its been working.

i eat 3 pizza pockets.. go for a massive shit.. drive to the game.. listen to some mad ass techno while eating again well depending on what team were playing.. get dressed.. have a talk with the boys and good to go

i eat 3 pizza pockets.. go for a massive shit.. drive to the game.. listen to some mad ass techno while eating again well depending on what team were playing.. get dressed.. have a talk with the boys and good to go

techno is so gay

Always crap before I leave the house or atleast right when I get to the rink. Get to the rink between an hour or hour and a half ahead of time. Generally put my bottom half on right away, then take my ipod and find someplace where nobody will bother me. Stretch for about half an hour, tape up a stick, that kind of thing, just thinking about how I want to play, going over things in my head. Basicly try to relax and clear my head.

Get home from work, cook some supper, get my kid to bed, check some emails from work. Look at the time, swear, throw my gear into my bag and drive to the rink way too fast.

Bitch and complain about my skates and the fact I've needed to replace my laces for about 2 months. Throw my gear on and stretch for about 2 minutes and then its puck drop baby.