Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

JULY 1st free agent signing

Why in the HELL is Vancouver paying Mitchell 4mil/yr? I guess they saw something the Wild never did.

Exactly what I was wondering.

I few weeks ago when I heard he wanted in the neighbourhood of 4M I thought he was out of his mind but dmen are all getting overpaid and Nonis panicked since he lost Jovo and Baumgartner

the new free agency just goes to show that if you give everyone the same amount of cash to start with...you will have rich people and those who are bankrupt its only a matter of time..

idiot GM's will still be idiots..its just not tied to overspending by some clubs...I never thought I'd applaud Sather while he was with NYR..but I do with his 2 recent signings..

OK, Lou has officially gone off the deep end. Colin White, six years and $3M per season? You have got to be kidding me.

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcn...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

I told ya all ever since the cap was implemented he went nuts!

This makes me feel so much better about the Leafs overpaying their D. If Lou, arguably one of the best GMs in the league is doing it, then it can't be that bad.

Call me Sather: I say the rangers should sign Eric Daze. He will fit in great. (Is he still hurt??)

I was a Hawks fan for many a year, still am just to a lesser degree. I didn't watch them last year at all. Daze is an absolute beast, but he never really found how to use his size. He is a good scorer, not a great one. If you could get him to sign a Lindros-type deal that had a very low base salary and was heavily reliant upon performance bonuses, then he might be worth the risk.

sign him for an insentive based deal. Base it on games played and points scored. I like it... prucha to daze back to Ward, over to daze SCOOOOOREEESSS

Blues are playing it smart, landing some good signs for being as ... undesirable as they are...

Weight

Guerin

Mckee

Hinote...

Re-signing of captain Dallas Drake...

Things may be looking up.

What is Billy G getting paid there? Cant be much...or hopefully they didnt pay him much...they had alot to spend though, so who knows.

Zach

$2mil plus incentives..which along with his 4.4 payout..isn't too bad..he'll have a good year playing with Weight, he's essentially playing for his livelihood this year..

he wasn't in great shape this year, I think a lot of old guys figured they could start up again in the summer after the lockout ended and be fine...and they wound up facing a slough of players from the AHL, etc who never stopped...

Guerin's career is in the rear view mirror. JD does not impress me by taking on this slug. 98 Team USA all over again. When does he trade for Chelly?

I was a Hawks fan for many a year, still am just to a lesser degree. I didn't watch them last year at all. Daze is an absolute beast, but he never really found how to use his size. He is a good scorer, not a great one. If you could get him to sign a Lindros-type deal that had a very low base salary and was heavily reliant upon performance bonuses, then he might be worth the risk.

Every time he has played a full season, or something close to it, he has scored 30 goals. The guy is huge and has great hands but his back is shot and you don't screw around with a bad back in the NHL.