Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Motivational Quotes

"In this country you gotta get the money first, then when you get the money you get the power. Then when you get the power you get the women."

Not hockey related at all. But you movie buffs should know it. :) For some reason it makes me want to work hard at whatever I do.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Isn't that from the Pirates of the Carribean ride? :rolleyes:

Um, the quote might be there, too, but it originated in a widely known piece of literature...Props to whoever gets it first:...

it was painted on the door of the whore house(or whatever it was) that ron jeremy was killed in boondock saints too.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Isn't that from the Pirates of the Carribean ride? :rolleyes:

Um, the quote might be there, too, but it originated in a widely known piece of literature...Props to whoever gets it first:...

it was painted on the door of the whore house(or whatever it was) that ron jeremy was killed in boondock saints too.

Dante - It is the sign on the entrance to Hell

...if you use it, you should know where it originated from

"When you are a rich man you are proud to own a Rolls Royce and when you are a poor man you are proud to own a Renault" -Eric Cantona

This quote isn't so much motivation as it is reassuring...

"When you are a rich man you are proud to own a Rolls Royce and when you are a poor man you are proud to own a Renault" -Eric Cantona

LOL and that wasn't even his best quote. He had some gems in his day.

LOL and that wasn't even his best quote. He had some gems in his day.

HAHAHA YAH...things like when he compares the press to seagulls...or when he says "I am god"....that guy is simply a hero hahaha

"if you ain't first, you're last"- Ricky Bobby

but he also thinks el diablo means fighting chicken!

;) but el Diablo is also in spanish, a lanuage which he is not familiar with

“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage--pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically--to say 'no' to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger 'yes' burning inside. The enemy of the 'best' is often the 'good.'†-Stephen Covey

" Far better it is to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

-Theodore Roosevelt

" Champions are a rare breed. They trust God while others ask for answers. They step forward while others pray for volunteers. They see beyond the dangers, the risks, the obstacles, the hardships." -Unknown

" The heights of great men reached and kept,

Were not attained by sudden flight,

But they, while their companions slept,

Were toiling upwards in the night." -Winston Churchill

"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."

-Frank Lloyd Wright

"The tragedy of life is not that a man loses, but that he almost wins."

-- Heywood Brown –

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, if he wins, knows the thrills of high achievement, and, if he fails, at least fails daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quotes are right up my alley. I'm sure I can find a bunch more that I have around.

This is something I wrote that I'm sure I've said to many different players many different times in many different ways, but to me, this always got me going.

Look around. Everyone sitting here is dependent on the guy sitting next to him, and the one sitting next to him, and the guy sitting across from all of them. You need everyone in the room to play the game. That’s the beauty of it. Hockey games are won not by putting the best five guys on the ice. Hockey games are won by taking 20 guys and getting them to play together. Gentlemen, you can play the game. Just go out there and play it. And feel it. That’s how you win.

"Hard work often leads to success. No work seldom does."

-Harvey Mckay

"Men were born to succeed, not to fail."

-Henry David Thoreau

"The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done."

-"Arnold Palmer

"Never, never give up."

-Winston Churchill

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Winston Churchill

My dad(while on the bench grabbin me by the collar of my jersey)-

"you better score an F**kin goal or else your walkin home"

I cant sing, i cant draw, i cant make sculptures, i cant take photographs, i cant make a computer, i wont get 1st place in the science fair, i cant get a 5.0, but i sure as hell can skate- i kinda made that up when i was bored lol..

The heart of a champion is tested through adversity

"if you ain't first, you're last"- Ricky Bobby

Taledega Nights really stunk! The only funny thing was when his old man picked up the two tickets he was leaving for him for years, and then scalps them for $120!

" My competition said I wasn't ready to face him,

My teammates said I think we need to replace him,

All the haters used to say boo we hate him,

I want to thank ya'll for the inspiration."

- Papoose (song: Born to win)

Nummer55, I know one NHL Team has "The Name on the front is more important than the name on the back"

Can't remember which one though.

Herb Brooks when team USA won it right. Or you mean another NHL took that and put it in their lkrm?

Didnt Forrest Gump have one that alot of people liked to say? Well of course "Forrest Gump" didnt make it up but thats where it was mostly heard.

"Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there. Get that fuckin' stick in their side. Let 'em know you're there! Get that lumber in his teeth. Let 'em know you're there! " Reggie Dunalp-slapshot.