Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I may get some rocker arms and dye them blue in the future to see how that would look, but yeah, I agree the black on black looks badass.

I may get some rocker arms and dye them blue in the future to see how that would look, but yeah, I agree the black on black looks badass.

You could also paint the hardware blue, so they are accents, like the boot.

Shame you cant get black rink rats with a blue hub ;)

Sweet skates, they look awesome

I was thinking of that.....I may just get a blue paint pen and paint the little spring logo on the arms, I think that would look good. BTW, let me know how much I owe ya!

Shame you cant get black rink rats with a blue hub ;)

Sweet skates, they look awesome

Thanks! Yeah, I was actually looking for wheels that matched the blue and black color scheme....heh. I couldn't find any I liked in 80mm so I just went with the gray Hornets.

Fletch, those skates look seriously legit. Only missing two things:

some blue accents somewhere (Either paint the spring logo, or the hardware blue) and...

BLACK LACES!!

one95sprungih5.jpg

Hey Fletch, what's the durometer of the wheels? The gray ones I had before were way too soft and bogged down something awful. 76-78 durometer seems to be the best. They sure provide the look, though, which was why I used them too.

Compare these with the new black Vector 10 on the CCM thread. Of course, the CCMs are quite a bit less expensive than these, which may be the most expensive roller hockey skates you can buy without having custom fit One95s to mount. I don't think there's much difference in the cost of either chassis for boot companies, however.

Mag alloy Vanguards are $169, down from $209, or $99 including wheels, bearings, spacers, and a boot you have to remove. I don't know what Humm'rs cost retail, but I think they get mostly recycled too. At some point Sprungs will be available on one of the big online stores, and our audience will grow. And I won't have to be such a store manager, which is not as much fun as many, many other things in the world... unless you are a congenital shop keeper. :rolleyes:

Hey Fletch, what's the durometer of the wheels? The gray ones I had before were way too soft and bogged down something awful. 76-78 durometer seems to be the best. They sure provide the look, though, which was why I used them too.

Compare these with the new black Vector 10 on the CCM thread. Of course, the CCMs are quite a bit less expensive than these, which may be the most expensive roller hockey skates you can buy without having custom fit One95s to mount. I don't think there's much difference in the cost of either chassis for boot companies, however.

Mag alloy Vanguards are $169, down from $209, or $99 including wheels, bearings, spacers, and a boot you have to remove. I don't know what Humm'rs cost retail, but I think they get mostly recycled too. At some point Sprungs will be available on one of the big online stores, and our audience will grow. And I won't have to be such a store manager, which is not as much fun as many, many other things in the world... unless you are a congenital shop keeper. :rolleyes:

The wheels are 78A. I'll take some side shots later - I want to see what you think about the wheelbase length - they look a little long to me but then again, I have been out of roller for a long time so it may just be me.

And if you go with an online store, PLEASE go with InlineWarehouse! They are awesome - I can't say enough good things about them.

The wheels are 78A. I'll take some side shots later - I want to see what you think about the wheelbase length - they look a little long to me but then again, I have been out of roller for a long time so it may just be me.

And if you go with an online store, PLEASE go with InlineWarehouse! They are awesome - I can't say enough good things about them.

The durometer is sure right. Have you skated on them yet? The A6 looked too short. I put a frame with arms and wheels in it to make sure they were mounting correctly, and are dead on. Because of the suspension, they don't work good if they are too short and you get your weight completely in front of the leverage. I think it is quite common for size 10s and even 10.5s to have a medium reg frame with the ends of the wheels well inside the length of the boot. Players with the short frames get used to it, but I have also seen them fall, a lot. I used to skate on A6s with 10s and 10.5s, and I way prefer the A8 for my size. The A7 will be better.

Anybody that is at the crossover sizes, and has bought the A8 cause you want the all 80s, is in luck, cause all you will need to buy will be a pair of the A7 frames. Your A8 rocker arms, springs and hardware will complete the package. The mount holes will be different because part of what makes the A8 too long is the mount plate position, which is for bigger boots.

Most of the onlines have told me they are going to carry them, but stuff moves slow.

So, I skated on them tonight and I am very, very impressed!

I hadn't played roller in almost 2 years, and this was the first time skating on inlines since then. I thought I was going to be way rusty but after a couple minutes I was really comfortable. They were so smooth feeling and you can just "feel" that you have a little more "spring" (pun intended ;)) in your step. And the longer wheelbase felt fine - in fact I think it felt better than I can remember other chassis feeling. I just felt like I had a little more leverage out there.

There was a guy there who had Torspos with Sprungs, so I talked to him about them for a minute on the bench. And the goaltender there noticed them and was asking me about them in warmups.

Now for the bad news - I had both feet reconstructed in the last year (flatfoot deformity) and my left foot, which is almost a year post-op has been giving me a ton of pain in my arch and ankle area. I saw the doc last week and they think it's just tendinitis but since I am having shoulder surgery on the 4th, I thought I would try to get a skate in before I go under the knife. So, after an hour or so my foot was hurting so bad that I can't even put full weight on it and it hurts even when I'm not standing. Kinda sucks....I have to go back to the doc on Tuesday for a follow-up so hopefully he can give me a cortisone shot or something.

In any case, I'll have 6 months (arggh!!) to rest the foot because that is the rehab time for my shoulder, but I cannot wait to get back out there with my Sprungs and get on a team!

Fletch,

I know that I have said this before about other skates but those are quite possibly the coolest Sprung converts I have seen to date. Nice work.......

Rick Henry

Thanks Rick :)

I'm going to make a couple cosmetic changes to them soon, which I think will make them a little more "complete."

Sprung95 "Midnight Edition"

sprung95ua0.jpg

sprung95sidevx7.jpg

Fletch, NOW you got it! Those look amazing!! I'm gonna post pics of my blacked out 8090's tomorrow in the show it off thread!

Again, sweet job. I wonder where you got the idea for the blue accent and black laces? :P

The pivot pin on my A6s broke the other day and I was wondering if there is anyway I could source a replacement from a hardware store as I have a playoff game tonight and no replacement parts. Does anyone know the specifics of the pivot pin assembly?

Fletch, NOW you got it! Those look amazing!! I'm gonna post pics of my blacked out 8090's tomorrow in the show it off thread!

Again, sweet job. I wonder where you got the idea for the blue accent and black laces? :P

Oh believe me, I had the idea in my mind but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted blue and what I didn't want blue so I had to do some photoshop mock-ups first :)

Oh believe me, I had the idea in my mind but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted blue and what I didn't want blue so I had to do some photoshop mock-ups first :)

Ha ha! You know, the white felt almost looks out of place now! Maybe some boot polish on that?

I hadn't played roller in almost 2 years, and this was the first time skating on inlines since then. I thought I was going to be way rusty but after a couple minutes I was really comfortable. They were so smooth feeling and you can just "feel" that you have a little more "spring" (pun intended ;)) in your step. And the longer wheelbase felt fine - in fact I think it felt better than I can remember other chassis feeling. I just felt like I had a little more leverage out there.

There was a guy there who had Torspos with Sprungs, so I talked to him about them for a minute on the bench. And the goaltender there noticed them and was asking me about them in warmups.

Now for the bad news - I had both feet reconstructed in the last year (flatfoot deformity) and my left foot, which is almost a year post-op has been giving me a ton of pain in my arch and ankle area. I saw the doc last week and they think it's just tendinitis but since I am having shoulder surgery on the 4th, I thought I would try to get a skate in before I go under the knife. So, after an hour or so my foot was hurting so bad that I can't even put full weight on it and it hurts even when I'm not standing. Kinda sucks....I have to go back to the doc on Tuesday for a follow-up so hopefully he can give me a cortisone shot or something.

In any case, I'll have 6 months (arggh!!) to rest the foot because that is the rehab time for my shoulder, but I cannot wait to get back out there with my Sprungs and get on a team!

Tell me more about this flat foot issue..... I have flat feet as well!

Tell me more about this flat foot issue..... I have flat feet as well!

I had severe flat feet a.k.a. posterior tibial dysfunction, which required among other things, placement of implants in my ankles to keep my arches from collapsing. DJInferno, also on this board had one of his feet done a couple months ago. You can read more about it here -

http://www.familyfeet.com/mba_implant.asp

One of my best friends when I was growing up was nicknamed Seal because of the squishy noise his convex feet bottoms made when he walked. Maybe you could have a Sprung arch transplant next time with modified A8 rocker arms for a good spring in your walk. The arch in my prosthetic foot is exactly the same suspension as the frames. The forefoot is a long rocker arm attached to the heel, which is a short one. With a spring in between thats shaped like like dim sum or a pirogi, just like in a real foot. :rolleyes:

AND>>>Dum-ditti-dum, ditty dum ditty dum, ditty dum ditty dum, ditty dum ditty dum ditty dum!!!

I've found a dye that works on the frames without heat and it can be painted on any way you want. It is diluteable and it's many, many colors can be blended any way you want. And the answer is....Leather Dye.

It is alcohol/water based and will also dye your skin down to the bone, along with anything else organic or near organic that's in proximity. Sort of like free-range marker ink. It won't come off the material once it's on, so you have to be careful. :)