Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

And now for something entirely different... the A7 ready to get molded. The wheelbase is 5/16" shorter than the A8. The A6 is 9 5/8", the A7 is 10 1/4" and the A8 is10 9/16"

7Sidewithwheels.jpg

And now for something entirely different... the A7 ready to get molded. The wheelbase is 5/16" shorter than the A8. The A6 is 9 5/8", the A7 is 10 1/4" and the A8 is10 9/16"

7Sidewithwheels.jpg

Keith, when will the A7 be available?

Fletch, NOW you got it! Those look amazing!! I'm gonna post pics of my blacked out 8090's tomorrow in the show it off thread!

Again, sweet job. I wonder where you got the idea for the blue accent and black laces? :P

Oh believe me, I had the idea in my mind but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted blue and what I didn't want blue so I had to do some photoshop mock-ups first :)

Ha ha! You know, the white felt almost looks out of place now! Maybe some boot polish on that?

I have a better idea. :)

hey Keith, is there going to be much difference if you were to use the A8 and A7? The wheelbase doesnt seem very significant as the A6 and A8.

hey Keith, is there going to be much difference if you were to use the A8 and A7? The wheelbase doesnt seem very significant as the A6 and A8.

It's on the long side of between the two because I didn't want to make smaller rocker arm knuckles to shorten the space between the 1-2 and 3-4 wheels. There will more of these out there than anything else, and I want it as strong as possible, so it uses the A8 rocker arms and springs. The mount plate will be 10 3/8" long, and will fit 8-10.5 in CCM sizing. Some 8's will prefer the A6 and some 10.5's the A8. That's OK, too. I wear a 9.5 to 10 CCM, depending on the boot, and I love the A8. I'll prefer the A7 just because it will fit better. Between the A6 and A7.

10-5Kor-A8.jpg

7Sidewithwheels.jpg

If we were moving from the A8 to the A7, new holes would need to be drilled, right?

Correct. Further making your One95's look like swiss cheese. ;)

If we were moving from the A8 to the A7, new holes would need to be drilled, right?

Yeah, not sure I want to risk that....not that anyone will see that anyway, but I don't want to risk the sole becoming brittle. If I am completely nuts and the extra holes won't really affect it, feel free to let me know :)

Yeah, not sure I want to risk that....not that anyone will see that anyway, but I don't want to risk the sole becoming brittle. If I am completely nuts and the extra holes won't really affect it, feel free to let me know :)

I was looking at my Kors and it seems like I could leave the front in place and use those holes and add new ones in the back. Besides that, the new holes won't make any difference, cause the sole is supported by the mount plate, which is riveted to it and any new holes will be far enough away from old ones. If you feel weird about the holes, it's plenty easy to plug them up with epoxy. It really is not a problem.

Was just thinking about it and although it may not be significant, the additional diameter of the wheels may throw a few people off... besides Keith, anyone else can compare using the A6 and A8 in terms of speed (which should be faster on A8) and manuerability (more manuerable on the A6).

Am just thinking of whether I should get a A7 chassis, esp when I'm quite comfortable on the A6 (got a huge amount of 80mm wheels that I cant use on the A6).

Was just thinking about it and although it may not be significant, the additional diameter of the wheels may throw a few people off... besides Keith, anyone else can compare using the A6 and A8 in terms of speed (which should be faster on A8) and manuerability (more manuerable on the A6).

Am just thinking of whether I should get a A7 chassis, esp when I'm quite comfortable on the A6 (got a huge amount of 80mm wheels that I cant use on the A6).

If the A7 or A8 fits your boot correctly, there is no maneuverability issue because all three function the same. The A8's are a tiny bit long for my boots, but I can still turn inside of anybody on reg skates. I expect the A7 to be better for me just because it's that little bit shorter. I make sure to skate on A6's once in a while just to remind me of the difference.

I was looking at my Kors and it seems like I could leave the front in place and use those holes and add new ones in the back. Besides that, the new holes won't make any difference, cause the sole is supported by the mount plate, which is riveted to it and any new holes will be far enough away from old ones. If you feel weird about the holes, it's plenty easy to plug them up with epoxy. It really is not a problem.

What benefits will the A7 have over the A8? Do you think it's really worth it for someone like me to go to the A7 when they just got the A8?

What benefits will the A7 have over the A8? Do you think it's really worth it for someone like me to go to the A7 when they just got the A8?

No. Yours are fine the way they are. Actually yours are much more than just fine. :D

JR and I were talking about that when you posted them the first time. I thought the old all-black supreme tongue would look great on that boot... formfit(with logo) works well too. :)

Kudos on those new Vapor elbow pads by the way...

Just a question though - where does the flex come from in the boot? Does the chassis help in that respect? Material like this, when it creases, ceases to work as well as worn leather in my experience. Just wondering... anyone worn in a pair that much yet?

Evan used to be involved on the roller side at Nike.

He is currently the protective product manager at Nike/Bauer.

Gotcha. Well if anyone wants to hire me as a skate designer, I'm all ears. ;)

If he were Evan I don't know whether his profile pic would be showing off Mission product.. Either way it's a great looking skate you've put together!

edit: typo

I decided to do some off ice training and mounted an A6 chassis to a pair of Bauer 5ks I had collecting dust. Based on the stuff I've read here, I had high hopes that they would feel somewhat similar to an ice skate. However, they feel completely FLAT. There isn't any give in the suspension at all. Is that normal? I was expecting a more rockered feel. Am I supposed to use different size wheels? Is there a break-in period?

Evan used to be involved on the roller side at Nike.

He is currently the protective product manager at Nike/Bauer.

Gotcha. Well if anyone wants to hire me as a skate designer, I'm all ears. ;)

St-Jerome is totally different than SoCal...there's a ski resort right up the road. Sure you wanna handle the winters?