Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

You'll find the Kor insructions on this site. Also check out the ones posted by Marcel Cordoba (guest), who is now Sublitwill. I did mine at 200-205 for about 13 minutes in my pre-heated CONVECTION oven. I had them baked at a LHS (worthless - they thought they knew what they were doing, but didn't get them hot enough), and tried about 3x myself before getting them hot enough. The ankles should feel somewhat pliable; not soft, but not stiff.

so i am thinking of grabbing a pair of Kor Shift 2...

here is my skate sizes...any help or advice as to size would really help so i have a general idea (even before i go try em on)

Graf 703 i wear a 6.5R (toe brushing the front (thick socks it touches the front)

Bauer vapor or supreme i wear a size 5.5D (toe touching the front...more than just brushing i love it)

Mission Fuel 120XP i wear a size 6.5D (toe touching need to punch out 1/4 inch)

thanks guys and gals :D

farhanshak Posted Today, 02:34 PM

here is my skate sizes...any help or advice as to size would really help so i have a general idea (even before i go try em on)

Graf 703 i wear a 6.5R (toe brushing the front (thick socks it touches the front)

Bauer vapor or supreme i wear a size 5.5D (toe touching the front...more than just brushing i love it)

thanks guys and gals

Based on my experience with the KORs (own and use both Shift 1 and 2) and trying on other skates my best guess would be you'd need a 6.5 KOR, but that's my best estimate (I found they're about 1 size up from my friends Supreme skates I tried on). Your best bet of course would be to try on some KORs - the hockeygiant.ca outlet in Scarborough had some a few months back as a teammate of mine bought the gear version of KORs there. The length sizing should be the same on the Shift 1's, 2's or Gears so if they have any of those in stock in and around a 6.5 it'd be worth going there to check before you guess on any sizes.

farhanshak Posted Today, 02:34 PM

thanks guys and gals

Based on my experience with the KORs (own and use both Shift 1 and 2) and trying on other skates my best guess would be you'd need a 6.5 KOR, but that's my best estimate (I found they're about 1 size up from my friends Supreme skates I tried on). Your best bet of course would be to try on some KORs - the hockeygiant.ca outlet in Scarborough had some a few months back as a teammate of mine bought the gear version of KORs there. The length sizing should be the same on the Shift 1's, 2's or Gears so if they have any of those in stock in and around a 6.5 it'd be worth going there to check before you guess on any sizes.

I need a half size larger in Kor than I do in Mission. 10EE in Mission, 10.5 in Kor.

I have KOR Shift 2

and my feet get wet very fast when skate on the outside rink.

Did not happen when I use my old Bauer 7000.

Is there any way to fix it?

What would you recommend to fix a little crack between toe cap and carbon base?

Thanks.

I am having some issues with my Vapor 60 skates so I am giving the Kor Shifts 2 a try.

I would like to know which size you guys recommend.

I fit in a size 6 D (tight) and a size 6.5 D (just right toes brushing the toe cap) in Vapor 60's. From reading the board I've heard to go about .5 a size up with Kors. I also read the shift 2 is a bit wider then the shift 1 ?

I have a bit wider foot then a regular D width but not to the point where I need to wear double EE.

So should I got with 6.5 in the Kor or 7 ?

Please advise. Thank you !

I may be crazy, but I'm going to give my trusty 707's a rest and give these puppies a go. I know its going to be one hell of a difference, but it will be a learning experience for a dyed in the wool old school skater.

My long track speed boots are completely carbon, but thats a completely different type of skating. This will be the first carbon hockey boot I've ever tried. I suppose if they don't work for me, I can take a Milwaukee sawz-all to the ankles and make some funky looking short trackers.

I'm not sure I can pull off the astronaut look. I may look as cockeyed and out of place as Bobby Hull's hair piece.

Aw. what the hell, why not?

mattopiela Posted Jan 7 2010, 12:27 PM

I am having some issues with my Vapor 60 skates so I am giving the Kor Shifts 2 a try.

I fit in a size 6 D (tight) and a size 6.5 D (just right toes brushing the toe cap) in Vapor 60's. From reading the board I've heard to go about .5 a size up with Kors. I also read the shift 2 is a bit wider then the shift 1 ?

I have a bit wider foot then a regular D width but not to the point where I need to wear double EE.

I'd guess a 7...for me KORS are 1 size up from tight fitting Bauers (7.5D One95s would be the right length for me and I wear 8.5 KORs).

I may be crazy, but I'm going to give my trusty 707's a rest and give these puppies a go. I know its going to be one hell of a difference, but it will be a learning experience for a dyed in the wool old school skater.

My long track speed boots are completely carbon, but thats a completely different type of skating. This will be the first carbon hockey boot I've ever tried. I suppose if they don't work for me, I can take a Milwaukee sawz-all to the ankles and make some funky looking short trackers.

I'm not sure I can pull off the astronaut look. I may look as cockeyed and out of place as Bobby Hull's hair piece.

Wow...talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...I hope it works out for you. I'm going the other direction. I tried the Shift 1's and am moving to Graf. I just need some ankle flexibility, though I found the Shift 1's to be really well made. Every body should have that neoprene toe booty.

On a separate note, if you have any thoughts on how the 707 narrow would compare in heel and fore foot to a 705 regular, I'd love to hear. I'm trying to avoid spending the extra $$ on the G7

Hey guys, I just found a good deal on Ebay that sells these skates (Shift 2). I am going that route because Kor skates haven't been available in my area for some time.

Their sizing guide states that Bauer users typically should add +0.5 to KOR sizing. I have three questions:

Do the shift 1 and shift 2 have the same sizing?

Which Bauer sizing guide did they follow? I know when Bauer introduced the ergonomic toe caps most bauer users dropped half a size down (I went from size 7 XX's to 6.5 one90s).

Having said that, 6.5 one90s (and XXVs) fit me perfectly. What size KOR should I be going with?

Thanks. And for anyone that was wondering where I found the skates on ebay here's the link: Shift 2's

mattopiela Posted Jan 7 2010, 12:27 PM

I'd guess a 7...for me KORS are 1 size up from tight fitting Bauers (7.5D One95s would be the right length for me and I wear 8.5 KORs).

I'm in Bauer One75's 6.0 D and in Kor Shift 1 6.5. I read somewhere on the board that the Shift 2 skates fit half a size smaller (ie. I would have to go to a 7.0).

Wow...talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...I hope it works out for you. I'm going the other direction. I tried the Shift 1's and am moving to Graf. I just need some ankle flexibility, though I found the Shift 1's to be really well made. Every body should have that neoprene toe booty.

On a separate note, if you have any thoughts on how the 707 narrow would compare in heel and fore foot to a 705 regular, I'd love to hear. I'm trying to avoid spending the extra $$ on the G7

I'm getting a lot more ankle flexibility on my Kor Shift 1's by skipping to top eyelet. However, based on the 707/G7 thread, I am interested in hearing how this works out for you.

Andoy Posted Today, 01:51 PM

Hey guys, I just found a good deal on Ebay that sells these skates (Shift 2). I am going that route because Kor skates haven't been available in my area for some time.

Their sizing guide states that Bauer users typically should add +0.5 to KOR sizing. I have three questions:

Do the shift 1 and shift 2 have the same sizing?

Which Bauer sizing guide did they follow? I know when Bauer introduced the ergonomic toe caps most bauer users dropped half a size down (I went from size 7 XX's to 6.5 one90s).

Having said that, 6.5 one90s (and XXVs) fit me perfectly. What size KOR should I be going with?

Thanks. And for anyone that was wondering where I found the skates on ebay here's the link: Shift 2's

I own both the KOR Shift 1 and 2 in the same size - 8.5D. Lenthwise they're about the same. I've tried on a teammates One90s and he wears a 7.5D - that seems to be the right length for me, but narrow. I also tried on Bauer XX skates years ago and I believe the best size for me would've been 8EE in those. In addition, I've tried on a TotalOne 8D and they felt very good, but I was just off the toe cap so could've went down to a 7.5 in those (only 8D samples were available to try on though).

Based on all that I'd say 7.5 KORs would probably be your best bet - .5 sizes up from the XX's and 1 full size up from the One90s.

Of course each foot is different, but that's my experience - obviously for jcp2 his experience isn't the same as he's only .5 sizes up in KORs and has One75s which I've read fit like One90s. So if your feet are like his than a size 7 might be the right fit.

jcp2: Which eyelets are you skipping on the way up to the top?

The very top pair. Also, as the boot fits really well on my foot, I don't really tighten the rest of the laces that much.

jcp2: Which eyelets are you skipping on the way up to the top?

The very top pair. Also, as the boot fits really well on my foot, I don't really tighten the rest of the laces that much.

Got it. I read your other post to say you were skipping something other than the top. I've seen some guys skip an eyelet in the forefoot...I wonder what skipping the third from top on these skates would do.

The 707's I had were regular and the heel felt a bit sloppy. My 709's have a nice heel lock, but my kid swiped them because he liked the heel lock too. I also had a pair of 705's and I would guess the 707 narrow would be pretty similar to the 705R in the heel.

Here's a little trick I've used to tweak the heels. Go to Home Depot and buy a pair of thin goatskin work gloves. Make sure its goatskin and not cow hide. the goat skin is really thin and makesit easier to do what you need to do here.

Carefully cut the goatskin into strips about 1.5 inches wide and 3 inches (or as long as you can with the glove material). Tape one or two of strips to the back of the boot and see if this firms up the heel. If yes, put a thin coat of fabric glue (crafts section at WalMart) on the suede side of the goatskin and put it carefully back in place inside the boot so you don't get glue squirting out all over. Lace up the boot and let the goatskin patch dry in place.

It isn't the greatest fix. In order not to peel it off too soon, you'll have to be careful of how you slide into the boot and not cram your foot down the back while yanking on the tendon guard.

But that's how the poor folk used to do it back in the day when your skates usually had two or three of your brothers names written inside them before they got to you.

Well I got my Kors and skated on them today. Very comfortable without giving up performance. The shape the toe cap made it hard to tell the right boot from left boot. :lol: They almost look like inflatable skates, but they sure do feel nice. The depthof the boot also made for plenty of forward flexion, which was nice. All in all, I was pleasantly suprised and I think I will be spending more time on these.