Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

In case someone still needs them:

Thermo-Forming Instructions for Shift 2:

1-Preheat the oven to 175° Fahrenheit or 79° Centigrade.

2-Prepare the foot the same way you would for skating (i.e., put on appropriate socks).

3-Pass the laces thru the eyelets.

4-Place skates in the oven for 7 minutes.

5-Check the ankle area of the skate; if the material is pliable, remove the skate from the oven. If not, return the skate to the oven and check every minute until the ankle area is pliable. Do not exceed 12 minutes and do not overheat.

6-Remove the skate from the oven using oven mitts. Use caution when handling the skate, especially in the area of the metal lacing eyelets.

7-Turn off oven.

8-While sitting on a chair, put on the skates and lace them the same way you would for skating. Do not over tighten the laces.

9-Position the knees over the toes while sitting. Keep the hip, knee, and foot in line.

10-Stand and apply pressure to the skate to form it to your foot. Flex forward slightly.

11-Keep the skate on for at least 15 minutes, or until it is thoroughly cooled.

12-Do not use the skates for at least 2 hours after the thermo-forming process to allow them to cool completely.

Notes:

oImproperly sized skates cannot be made to fit using the thermo-forming process.

oTo achieve a proper fit, the thermo-forming process may be repeated.

oTo adjust small pressure point areas, a heat gun may be used. Use caution to avoid burning the skate upper.

Hope that helps;

Quick question. One of my teammates picked up a pair of Shift 1's when HG had the big closeout on them awhile ago. He really likes them except the screws on the front of one of the holders aren't right. They are pushing through the footbed of the skate. I thought I remembered reading somewhere in this thread about tightening them more to pull the thing back down. We tried that the other night and it actually made the screw push through more. When we loosened it that just made the holder loose. What options does he have to fix these? Can he just put a footbed in there to cover over it?

I know that it'll be a similar issue for me when I try to get some shift 1's converted to sprungs.

You can get it done, and you should be able to rivet the boot or use tnuts. You have to be careful so that the drill doesnt snag the fabric in the insole when you do that. After that put in some superfeet footbeds.

On another note, I just used some superfeet over the week... should have made the decision to do that long time ago. So much more comfort, didnt really think of the skates the whole night like i normally do. Now I just need to get my linemates to pass more...

Quick question. One of my teammates picked up a pair of Shift 1's when HG had the big closeout on them awhile ago. He really likes them except the screws on the front of one of the holders aren't right. They are pushing through the footbed of the skate. I thought I remembered reading somewhere in this thread about tightening them more to pull the thing back down. We tried that the other night and it actually made the screw push through more. When we loosened it that just made the holder loose. What options does he have to fix these? Can he just put a footbed in there to cover over it?

I had the same problem with a couple of my screws. Take the screw out, put some washers over the hole, then put the screw back in. If that doesn't work, keep adding washers.

1- Get shorter screws

2- Add washers as joshy has suggested

3- Have some rivets place there instead. You can pull back the toe sock just enough to work in the toe cap area.

1- Get shorter screws

2- Add washers as joshy has suggested

3- Have some rivets place there instead. You can pull back the toe sock just enough to work in the toe cap area.

Thanks everybody for the advice. I'll let him know and then he can decide which way to go. The 3rd option is probably out just because of the hockey shop that we have here. Probably beyond what they can do. options 1 and 2 seem easy enough.

Sadly, no LHS here in Colorado Springs carries KOR. I like my Bauer's fit, but need to get a shorter boot with more ankle flex, as I'm sitting out with my second stress fractured right fibula due to playing, and think the Shift 1 will fit the bill. I've never bought skates online, and there seem to be some references in a few threads about them lengthening after baking. Would anyone mind giving me some input about their sizing in comparison to Bauer Vapors? Thanks.

Cheers, Chris

1/2 size up from Bauer seems to be the standard as long as your Bauers are fitted correctly. That's what it was for mine. Finding them is probably the hard part now though.

For me it would be 1/2 size up from older Vapors like the XX and 1/2 size up from the Bauer Branock device I was measured on (measured on about 3 years ago...so it may have changed), but 1 full size up from newer models like the One90, One95 or XXXX.

texspeleo Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

My 8.5D Vapor XXX fit like gloves. Just for the sake of clarity, it sounds like I should be looking for 9-9.5 in KOR? For those of you looking for some new Shift 1s, this appears to be a pretty good deal...

Cheers, Chris

Yes, you're likely either a 9 or 9.5 in the KORS

I have a pair of Shift 2's in size 9 for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I also have them posted in the Sell forum.

can anyone let me know what the size conversion rate is on these Shift 1 skates? im really interested in picking up a pair.

i wear a size 12 shoe. i wear a size 12 in mission (obviously) and from what ive tried on at the store, i think 10.5 in Easton.

is the 11 going to do the trick?

thanks.

ps - i see on the ebay thing that it would be 11 but im just asking to make sure its fairly accurate from other peoples experiences.

can anyone let me know what the size conversion rate is on these Shift 1 skates? im really interested in picking up a pair.

i wear a size 12 shoe. i wear a size 12 in mission (obviously) and from what ive tried on at the store, i think 10.5 in Easton.

thanks.

ps - i see on the ebay thing that it would be 11 but im just asking to make sure its fairly accurate from other peoples experiences.

Unless you have missions from at least seven or eight years ago, you can't possibly wear a 12 mission.

thanks.

Unless you have missions from at least seven or eight years ago, you can't possibly wear a 12 mission.

theyre Mission Proto VSI Team inlines. probably from the early 2000's. 2001 maybe?

i also have a pair of 12's for outdoor that were probably from 2003 or 2004, so whenever they switched over.

or we could use this for the KOR SHIFT 1:

kor_shift1_sizing.jpg

thanks.

theyre Mission Proto VSI Team inlines. probably from the early 2000's. 2001 maybe?

i also have a pair of 12's for outdoor that were probably from 2003 or 2004, so whenever they switched over.

or we could use this for the KOR SHIFT 1:

kor_shift1_sizing.jpg

The skate comparison between sizes is awesome, but most 11 street shoes are too small for me, and my 8.5 Bauers fit really well (a lesson learned from buying my first pair according to a chart). That said, my feet are a little odd...

I ordered a pair of Kor Shift 2 10.5's (I wear a retail Bauer size 10, actually am currently in a custom 9 3/4 Bauer at the moment) and the Kors are pretty snug. More than snug. AND they didn't have a 296 Holder, but sport a 288.

The next size up, the size 11 has a 296 holder and would probably be a perfect fit, if the 10.5 is any indication.

If anyone anywhere can point me to a size 11 Kor Shift 2, I'd appreciate it immensely.

Thanks.

Would re-baking these help a fit issue? I had old Bauer Comps from 10 years ago that fit perfectly. I didn't remember the size so tried on a pair of One-75s and determined that 9.5 was a good size for me in the Bauer's (I am an 11 shoe). I bought size 10 Shift 2's and had them baked and they felt too big. When I pulled the foot beds and compared them to my Bauers, they were about a 1/2 cm longer. The front toe area of the Kor's were also VERY wide from what I am used to, both visibly and in fit. Were the old Bauer's smaller than the new ones?

Is there anything I can do? I was going to re-bake them today and maybe see if something else can be done. I can't return them and nobody has a 9.5 available.

Also, what is the best setting for the holder to match what I am used to in the Bauer's? -1?

Thanks everyone

Hi -

I just picked up two pair of Shift 2's, one pair for me and a pair for my wife, and thought I'd fish for some advice before I sent them back for a different size. I have a pair of 9.5 Shift 1's that fit me great. I ordered the same size of Shift 2's and my big toes are curled up a bit in the ends of the toe caps AND the toes of my feet are being squeezed. My wife is experiencing the same. Is baking going to help, for instance the width of the toe? Will it flatten down and widen out? How much length can I expect to gain from the heel dropping back when they're heated? Obvously I can't experiment with baking them if I want to be able to trade them in on the next larger size...

Thanks for any insights you can offer.