Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

I picked up a pair of Shift 1's at the hockey giant store. I didn't have time to bake them, planning to do that next week. I tried to wear them at home for a bit, and the elastic like material in the seems to pull back quite a bit on my toe's, making it so the toes on my left foot do not lay flat. Does the elastic, or whatever it is in the toe cap expand at all during baking? I normally wear a 9EE mission AG100, and bought the 9.5 Shift, does that seem like the right fit?

Hi guys, a few questions.

I have horribly flat, narrow feet and pronate very badly. What would you think about shift1's for me? I wear a size 7.5 in a one75 so what size would that be? Would I be able to wear orthotics with these skates?

I'm looking at these because of the great deal they're going for. Any help is appreciated.(sorry if these have already been asked but I don't really have the time to sift through 55 pages :))

PS these would not be my full time skates.

anyone?:) (I'm trying to decide while HG's one week sale is stil going on so I can get a good deal.)

larsen016 Posted Today, 10:37 PM

QUOTE (larsen016 @ Sep 29 2008, 08:30 PM)

Hi guys, a few questions.

I have horribly flat, narrow feet and pronate very badly. What would you think about shift1's for me? I wear a size 7.5 in a one75 so what size would that be? Would I be able to wear orthotics with these skates?

I'm looking at these because of the great deal they're going for. Any help is appreciated.(sorry if these have already been asked but I don't really have the time to sift through 55 pages )

PS these would not be my full time skates.

anyone? (I'm trying to decide while HG's one week sale is stil going on so I can get a good deal.)

You'd need the same size as me - 8.5 and Hockey Giant is all sold out of that size. And if there are any 8.5's available at that price anywhere you'll have to find them before I do ;). As for the orthotics I don't think you'd really need them with the Shift 1's as the footbed is fully heat moldable and will conform to your feet during the baking process. I also think that if you did buy the skates they'd become your full time skates at some point.

I picked up a pair of Shift 1's at the hockey giant store. I didn't have time to bake them, planning to do that next week. I tried to wear them at home for a bit, and the elastic like material in the seems to pull back quite a bit on my toe's, making it so the toes on my left foot do not lay flat. Does the elastic, or whatever it is in the toe cap expand at all during baking? I normally wear a 9EE mission AG100, and bought the 9.5 Shift, does that seem like the right fit?

Does anyone know if the toe fabric will stretch out?

No, the neoprene toe sock wont stretch out anymore with the baking, however, the baking process will open up the heel area of your skate, allowing you to drop back your heel even further, locking it and giving you some more space in length.

No, the neoprene toe sock wont stretch out anymore with the baking, however, the baking process will open up the heel area of your skate, allowing you to drop back your heel even further, locking it and giving you some more space in length.

I appreciate your reply. Does the 9.5 Shift 1 seem like the correct sizing? I currently wear a 9.0EE Mission AG100.

Thanks,

For reference, I used 8.5 EE Mission S500 (not sure if they use the same sizing for the AG's still), and 8.5 Kor Shift1 are the same length. Size 8 Shift1s were a bit small.

Can someone give me the baking instructions? I really don't feel like wading through 56 pages of posts.

Thanks,

Can someone give me the baking instructions? I really don't feel like wading through 56 pages of posts.

Thanks,

click on the box that says enter keywords on the lower left and it will search this topic only.

Thanks,

click on the box that says enter keywords on the lower left and it will search this topic only.

The only thing I have been able to find is 8 minutes, and do forward flexes. The links to the instruction pdf are dead.

Anyone have the PDF that they can send to me? Is there anything different in the PDF?

Thanks,

Thanks,

The only thing I have been able to find is 8 minutes, and do forward flexes. The links to the instruction pdf are dead.

Anyone have the PDF they send me? Is there anything in the PDF?

Thanks,

8 minutes at 175

I bought a pair of Shift 1's in a 8.5when HG had them at $159 last spring, but haven't used them yet.

I did bake them but found my left toe (even after baking correctly) doesn't quite lay flat when fully laced and in the bent knee hockey position. My left foot is slightly longer than my right, the right skate fits spot on. My question is how much space could I get if I cut the toe sock out on the left foot? ( rendering the warranty useless) There is a seam on the toe sock that feels thick enough to make a difference in the fit for me.

Current skate is a Easton S7 size 8. A little too long for me. I did have a pair of RBK 5k's in a 8 and those fit closer than the Eastons for me, but were too wide n the heel. Street shoe is 9.5 to 10, mostly 10. Thanks for any advice !

I figured this was more relevant here.

HG had Kor Shift 2s' going for $199.99 for a couple days. The following could only happen to me.

Checked price of Shift 2s' online $199.99 and called to order a pair five minutes ago (I have a store credit from Shift 1s' that had the Tuuk blade). I'm talking to the guy and he said he showed them at $449.99. I said no way and pulled it up and in the time it took me to dial, talk to him and have him locate my credit the price had gone up $200.

Just my f'in luck, they're supposed to call me back.

Will keep posted.

F' me

Done HG was able to honor the sale price and they're on their way.

Guy on the phone was very helpful. Big box customer service does work sometimes.

I figured this was more relevant here.

HG had Kor Shift 2s' going for $199.99 for a couple days. The following could only happen to me.

Checked price of Shift 2s' online $199.99 and called to order a pair five minutes ago (I have a store credit from Shift 1s' that had the Tuuk blade). I'm talking to the guy and he said he showed them at $449.99. I said no way and pulled it up and in the time it took me to dial, talk to him and have him locate my credit the price had gone up $200.

Just my f'in luck, they're supposed to call me back.

Will keep posted.

F' me

Done HG was able to honor the sale price and they're on their way.

Guy on the phone was very helpful. Big box customer service does work sometimes.

I guess i was the lucky one. i got 2 pairs when they had them on sale for $99.99!!!! both have the Tuuk though. so be it. love the skates, so i'll manage. plus i have a couple of older pairs with pitch so i can swap if needed.

I guess i was the lucky one. i got 2 pairs when they had them on sale for $99.99!!!! both have the Tuuk though. so be it. love the skates, so i'll manage. plus i have a couple of older pairs with pitch so i can swap if needed.

He's talking about Shift 2, not Shift 1! 1s are almost gone, only a couple sizes left, and are still at $99.99.

Hi guys, new member here. I have been wearing Bauer Supreme 5000 Comps for about 13 years now and it is time for a new pair of skates. I was set on going with a the Bauer Supreme 70s but then stumbled on the Kor Shift 2s and this thread. Would you recommend the Shift 2 over the Supreme 70? I was unable to try on the Kor's to see how I liked the fit and for sizing but I wear a size 11 running shoe and just tried on the Bauer Supreme One75s and 9.0 was too small and 9.5 seemed right but maybe a touch too big. From reading this thread I think I should go with a Kor size 10, thoughts? Also, what would be my ideal blade setting if I am used to the old Bauer 5000 Comps? Thanks!!

Bump! I went ahead and ordered a pair of Shift 2's and will get them tomorrow. The .pdf link is dead for baking instructions:

http://www.korhockey.com/download/Shift2_H...nstructions.pdf

I have never been fitted with baked skates and was wondering if anyone has a copy of this pdf? All I seem to gather is 8 minutes at 175 and to do some knee bends, but I want to make sure I don't screw it up as my pro shop will most likely not know how to do these. Do I wear socks?

Thanks!

I have a copy of the baking instruction pdf on my home computer. If you PM me with an email address I will get it to you tonight or later this week. Use your normal skating socks unless you go barefoot then I would use an ultrathin polyproylene liner unless you want to risk some serious discomfort when you first slip them on. I would recomend that you wear socks while baking them the other thing that is helpful is to have someone kind of wrap their hands around the unibase and help it mold to the shape of your foot a little better. Just my 2 cents.

Ok, so I got the Shift 2's. I've had my Shift 1's for 3 years now and absolutely love the 1's. I baked the new skates and got to skate for the 1st time last night in the 2's. To me they felt very different than the 1's. Once I figured out that they had to be tied a lot tighter than my 1's that helped a bit. But, I don't feel like my heel locked in quite as good as the did in my 1's. Not sure what I can do to fix this. I wouldn't mind them being a little tighter in the heel. The odd thing is that they are a little loose in the heel but just tight enough where my toes start.

Also, I have the pitch set to +1 just like my 1's were, but they just seem very different. Is there something different with the 2's where the +1 setting actually is a little more towards neutral than the +1 feel I had with the 1's?

Other than that I like them, but I'm just not blown away like I was with the 1's. Hopefully that changes with a couple more skates.