Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

For those of you wondering where the new Kors are, I contacted KOR the other day to see where my 2006 order was. Seems things are a bit delayed, possibly September before the new models come out. Vince at KOR was saying they were almost done durability testing on the redesigned 770gram skate. They want to make sure they don't prematurely break down. Nice to see they didn't rush to production. The new skate is about 100-120 grams lighter than the current Shift1.

Thanks for the update. These are the skates I'm strongly considering to replace my Grafs.

On another note: My LHS does not sell Kor. Any suggestions as to how I should go about getting them? Should I see if they would special order them for me or try to go direct?

Thanks for the update. These are the skates I'm strongly considering to replace my Grafs.

On another note: My LHS does not sell Kor. Any suggestions as to how I should go about getting them? Should I see if they would special order them for me or try to go direct?

If you call Kor, they will tell you where the nearest dealer is located, also try their website. for dealer locator. I've actually had a couple of sales this way, referrals from KOR.

Also, as SRI said, the new skates will have removable footbeds and can rivit in any holder. Personally I think it's a mistake, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mission holder/steel, and I can just see it now ... the mounds of problems people will have after they make a "mostly cosmetic" holder change.

Nothing wrong with the Pitch holders at all, but since I play inline I would prefer to slap some Red Star Alloys on them instead.

Which seems to be possible this time around. B)

A2rhino,

where do you live?

I live in Scottsdale AZ.

My LHS is Behind the Mask. Great guys that work there however they dont sell Kor. I think thats about all they dont sell. But as I said they are a great bunch of guys.

I live in Scottsdale AZ.

My LHS is Behind the Mask. Great guys that work there however they dont sell Kor. I think thats about all they dont sell. But as I said they are a great bunch of guys.

I've spoken to Randy. Trust me, we've had talks.

So does this mean that will be selling them in the near future? I usually see Tim and JD when I go into the shop on Thunderbird.

Nothing wrong with the Pitch holders at all, but since I play inline I would prefer to slap some Red Star Alloys on them instead.

Which seems to be possible this time around. B)

OK, good reason! Wow, you inline guys spend that kind of dough? wh would have thought. :D

Which seems to be possible this time around.  B)

OK, good reason! Wow, you inline guys spend that kind of dough? wh would have thought. :D

Since they spend so much less on league fees there is more to blow on toys.

Which seems to be possible this time around.  B)

Since they spend so much less on league fees there is more to blow on toys.

Yea, I guess I'm just out of the loop since inline is almost nonexistant in my area. I get approx 2 requests for inline stuff a yr. It's all "ice". I guess if I was in CA or FL, or another "southern" state, that inline would be popular. Heck, the kids play ice all yr round, absolutely no reason for inline.

So does this mean that will be selling them in the near future? I usually see Tim and JD when I go into the shop on Thunderbird.

JD rocks.

Nothing to talk about until Shift2 is made available.

Will I be able to order a custom pair of the Shift 2 when it's available? I was in contact with someone from Kor via e-mail and they said I would be able to in the near future. Would you consider Sept. the near future?

And yes JD rocks. Knows his stuff.

yeah, it's too hot in Florida to play roller all year. And Ice is pretty readily available for us here in Tampa(not like it is up north of the border but not bad).

Will it be easier to remove the holder (and replace it) on the new Kor Shift 2?

Other than being able to switch out holders and the color of the skates what is the diff. between the Shift 1 and 2??

So which of the two would fit more similar to a Graf 705? Sorry I have never tryed on a pair of Shift 1's before.

So which of the two would fit more similar to a Graf 705? Sorry I have never tryed on a pair of Shift 1's before.

Unlike "normal" skates they will really mold to fit your foot. Unless you have an abnormally wide foot, they will work for you.

probbally the shift 2 its deeper

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't guess.

Unlike "normal" skates they will really mold to fit your foot. Unless you have an abnormally wide foot, they will work for you.

probbally the shift 2 its deeper

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't guess.

Chadd; Will the Shift 1 or 2 fit more like a 705 in the sence of which skate is higher? I cosider my 705 to be fairly low. Would I be correct saying that?

Just trying to learn as much as I can.