Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Team staff?

I play college hockey. We have a full sized team but this is our 2nd year since our school ended the hockey program some 10 years ago. We get a few scolarships from the school, but thats about the only funds we get from them. We all have to pay player fees to cover travel and some ice time. We do not have a paid staff, but we have pulled together a few guys who are willing to help out. We have a medical staff, its our coaches daughter and a few others. They do a good job and our coaches daughter is actually a med student, so that worked out. We have a personal trainer for the team, but hes a dickhead and never does anything with us unless its "fun" (team dinners etc). We don't have an equipment manager like last year, so we get to lug around our gear for travel and have to take care of our own sharpenings (why I switched to tblades a while back). I have a friend who works in the rinks profshop who cuts me REALLY good deals on gear and sharpens for free, so I got lucky there.

What does your team have? This is the most understaffed team I have ever played for.. but I can't complain too much because I have the hookup with the proshop.

we have our Varsity head coach varsity asst. and JV head coach

we our God Father not a manager since he does pretty much everything for the team

and our school nurse goes to all the home games

and how could i forget my own father as the goalie coach

In Midget my team had a head coach, 2 assistants (forward + d), a trainer and a manager.

In Junior my team had a head coach, 3 assistants, goalie coach, GM, asst equipment manager and a trainer/equipment manager. Had a seperate trainer and equipment manager but equipment manager got fired at the beginning on the season for stealing players skates when we left them in the room and selling them to a Play It Again Sports that a guy on our team worked at. He traded the skates for 2 stationary bikes for the dressing room. Team had to buy our captains and 2 other kids skates back from play it again.

I'm on staff for a D1 college womens team... lets see how many we have: We have a head coach, 2 assts, volunteer goalie coach, athletic trainer, strength and conditioning coach, equipment manager, administrative asst, and a sports information director. On road trips every travels but the goalie coach and the strength and conditioning coach. Needless to say its a pretty high profile program so they've got the funding. :D

We have a head coach, an assistant on the bench (more of an associate head coach), goalie coach, 'team advisor,' and 3 more assistant coaches. That doesn't include the booster club people who pretty much do everything for us, and our kindof-manager guy. We also have two coaches who only work with us during the off-season so we don't break any rules.

Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer, Goalie Coach, Power Skating Coach, Manager, Random weird Equipment guy.

I'm on staff for a D1 college womens team... lets see how many we have: We have a head coach, 2 assts, volunteer goalie coach, athletic trainer, strength and conditioning coach, equipment manager, administrative asst, and a sports information director. On road trips every travels but the goalie coach and the strength and conditioning coach. Needless to say its a pretty high profile program so they've got the funding. :D

Forbs what team and whats your postition?

On my high school team we had two coaches, a Head coah and an assistant. One of the parents acted as mananger.

My current team, we don't really have a 'coach' just people who have been playing a long time who help us out.