Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

Wrist Protection on Gloves

Guest 2048

I have no opinion on wrist guards other than making them removable. However, what you have to include if you aren't already is a double top of hand pad with both being removable. My Muskokas have the feature with one being removable, and it's great for when rinks are too hot or when I feel like using a looser glove.

I used them on my cousin's Z-Airs, and i didnt really notice them, they werent really a big deal to me. But idk if it effects you guys thats just you so.....

From a players point of view- not a fan of the implemented wrist guard. It just doesn't work as well as the separate wrist guard option. The implemented guards restrict the rotational movement more than anything, more of the gloves these days are pretty wide around the wrist, so a floating guard might be pretty ahrd to get right. Also from the opinion on here they don't seem that popular.

From a business point of view- I understand that a lot of people get hacked and might try a new glove with an in built wrist guard, but they never go for a 4.99 wrist guard to solve it.. why?? probably because they don't like em. Maybe it'd be a better option to offer the glove plus mission wrist guard in a package?

but i think an easily detachable guard is the priorties as mentioned by numerous people already.

but they never go for a 4.99 wrist guard to solve it.. why?? probably because they don't like em. Maybe it'd be a better option to offer the glove plus mission wrist guard in a package?

I think this would be a good idea, BUT I understand why a company wouldn't do it. It puts the idea in the consumer's head that the gloves aren't protective enough even before they've worn them...

but they never go for a 4.99 wrist guard to solve it.. why?? probably because they don't like em. Maybe it'd be a better option to offer the glove plus mission wrist guard in a package?

I think this would be a good idea, BUT I understand why a company wouldn't do it. It puts the idea in the consumer's head that the gloves aren't protective enough even before they've worn them...

Oh yeah!! didn't think of that. :unsure:

I have to agree with the majority here...

I use the smallest gloves I can (13") with seperate slash guards for the very reason that the smaller gloves (IMO) give me better range of motion.

I don't believe an integrated wrist guard would give players the non-restrictive movement they have without them.

I have both a pair of Eagle x70s and Eagle X91+. I switch between them depending on what level of play I'm in. I love the mobility of the X70's but often need the protection of the X91+.

The first thing I did when I got the X91+ was to add about an inch of elastic at the point where the slash guard was stiched together (it was initially way too tight!!!). That greatly improved my mobility w/o loosing any protection.

I probably would not buy another pair of X91's. Next time I'm going with the X80's and (like a X81+) and I'll just wear my Jofa wrist band/slash guards as needed

I have long arms as well so there is always a gap between my elbow pads and my gloves. I was using a seperate wrist guard but then got a pair of Easton Airs with the wrist wrap. I liked it in the store but it did cause some bruising on my lower wrist as someone else mentioned. The wrist wrap also still left a gap between the glove and the elbow pad so I still use the seperate pads.

Something removable would be nice for people who don't want it but also something very adjustable would be great for us who actually want the protection. Something along the line of the seperate wrist pads with some flexable plastic inserts that velcro into the cuff would be really cool.

I have a pair of gloves with the Easton Wrist Wrap II thing. I like it. I have that and I also have sweatband/slash guard things i wear underneath the wrist wrap thing or inbetween where the wrist wrap ends and my elbow pad begins. I would definetly have them easily removable though.

Never owned a pair with wrist guards on them, but I've tried on various pairs. Didn't like any of them. If I was that concerned about my wrists getting hacked, I'd probably buy a pair of long cuffed gloves. Still, I don't see how you could go wrong by adding a pair of removable wrist protectors to your gloves. It'd be sort of like the TPS removable hyperlock thumb.

As a bunch of people have said a removable guard would be good I think that would work, but I also think a better solution would be to add something to the end of your elbow pads, that way it should affect wrist movement while also adding protection.

As a bunch of people have said a removable guard would be good I think that would work, but I also think a better solution would be to add something to the end of your elbow pads, that way it should affect wrist movement while also adding protection.

The question asked was about gloves, hence the concentration on that aspect. It's easier to make it for your gloves than elbow pads, especially when you have better market penetration in the glove market than the elbow pad market.

Some companys already do that (add protection to the elbow pads). I believe it was Bauer that did it.

I think that the wrist protectors are a good idea; but have yet to be designed properly. If a company could make some that met alot or all or the stuff we would want I think it would be awesome.