Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Boston Massacre II

It's alright if we(Yankees) don't win the world series, no one can beat the Red Sox streak of crappyness(Cubs aren't a real team so they don't count, but it's cute how they try).

It's a pretty damn good one to have though, especially when it came from the choke job of all choke jobs by the Yankees.

It's alright if we(Yankees) don't win the world series, no one can beat the Red Sox streak of crappyness(Cubs aren't a real team so they don't count, but it's cute how they try).

"Streak of crappyness"? We won the world series more recently then the Yankees... Infact, correct me if I'm wrong. But we eliminated your team in what is one of if not the best comebacks in sports history.

No worries.  I will start a new thread AFTER the Yanks are dismissed shy of a World Championship.

For now I will take my lumps.

Yea, then you woke up. No one in the AL, let alone the NL can beat NYY in a 7 game series. The only team that can give them a run is Chicago, that is if their starting pitchers wake up.

Huh. Can imagine why Yankee fan annoys the piss out of me.

Who do you have beating the Yankees? Definitely not the Tigers. Sure they're starting pitching is good, but once you get past them, Zumaya, and Jones can only pitch for so long. NYY kill average pitching.

"Streak of crappyness"? We won the world series more recently then the Yankees... Infact, correct me if I'm wrong. But we eliminated your team in what is one of if not the best comebacks in sports history.

comeback/choke

to-may-to/to-mah-to

Not likely, but if the twins get Lariano back they could be really scary. They have good starting pitching and an awesome bullpen. And there offense has been pretty good. If they make the playoffs they will give anyone a run for their money.

hey dude the cubs are gonna win it in '09!!! take my word for it.

what is Santana's record in Oct? I think he has quite a few ND's because the bullpen has lost it for him in the past..

its horrible though that their possible use of Liriano may cost them now and inthe future..

however, I implore all Yankee fans to wait until the season is over before talking trash....if we sweep the Sox but don't win it all..does it matter..no ..then we sit there and talk about how we swept them during the season and it makes us no better than them....

oh and really..you don't worry about the Angels? they own the Yanks as of late...better hope Oakland holds on

I havent read any of the previous posts and have a question that may have been answered but Im lazy so apologies in advance if it has. The Tigers will finish with the best record in the AL usually meaning they play the wild card. However since the wild card will come from their division most likely do they still play them or would they play the next worst record, the As or Angels. If so then the Yanks v. Sox/Twins would be a great series and more of a test for the Yankees. What Im really counting for now that the Jays are done is that the Mets walk through the NL and catch fire righ on time for a Subway World Series where the Mets fans finally get to rub it in the Yanks faithful faces.

I love how you guys bring up that the Yankees haven't won since 2000 and that the Red Sox won in 2004... The Red Sox has won once since 1918! And from 1996-2000 the Yankees won 4 out of 5 world series. Since 1995 the yankees have made the playoffs ever year, and only in 95 and 97 was it via wild card. In 1994 when there was a strike in baseball, the Yankees were in first by 6.5 games with eight weeks left. The Yankees have won the East for the past decade and the Red Sux have made the playoffs five times. So what was this about that one yeah in 2004?

Ok and how many here were actually fans of either team back then? I've got my guesses in and it's not the ones most active in the thread. The rivalry is being killed by the casuals.

My history goes back to the likes of Lynn, Rice, Tiant, Evans, Lee, Hobson, Burelson and the like VS Munson, Jackson, Dent, Randolph ...

I have seen the good and bad of 78 and 86. I remember Sox cant miss kids of Horn and Plantier ... Well they kinda missed!

I love hating the Yankees and their fans. Thats the wonderful thing. As much as I hate them I dont know what it would be like without them :)

In short F*CK YOU YANKEE FANS!!! I mean that with the most possible love :)

Cheers!

Well yeah, you're one of the old school, Ponty. I'm sure you remember the day that Ruth got sold very well ;)

Well yeah, you're one of the old school, Ponty. I'm sure you remember the day that Ruth got sold very well ;)

Nope. My grand pappy did though! His brother saw Ruth play at Fenway as a Yankee!

That easily trumps the time I saw Glavine come back to Turner Field as a Met, which is a sad comparison in its own right.

Ok and how many here were actually fans of either team back then? I've got my guesses in and it's not the ones most active in the thread. The rivalry is being killed by the casuals.

Good point and I agree.

I've been a Yankee fan all of my life and have seen the ups and downs. I actually have a picture of myself when I was 5 with "my favorite yankees shirt on"(my mom told me that when I saw the pic), I was curious and checked out how the Yanks did that year and they were like 15 games below 500 that year, lol... how things change! Luckily for most of my life the Yankees have been a winning ballclub(they were only really losers when I was little), being down in Tampa it was refreshing to like a team that was winning.

*Btw just to answer the question before it comes up; The Yankees play spring training in Tampa, The "Boss" lives down here and owns a lot of the city and my grandfather was personal friends with Lou Pinella in his Yankee days. Tampa didn't get a baseball team until somewhat recently. So that is basically why I was raised a Yankee fan. :)

Santana after the all-star break in his career is 36-3. IN sept and oct 10-1. He is automatic after the all-star break.

Just as long as the Yankees Don't win I will be happy.

having been born 2 miles from the stadium, I often tell people I was raised Roman Catholic and a Yankee fan, not necessarily in that order...

it wouldn't be the same without each other..I've been to 9 different WS from 76 to 03 at the Stadium and some of my biggest memories are watching a playoff between the Sox/Yanks with runners on late in the game and just waiting for the magic..

TBL - you ever catch Steinbrenner and his crew in Malio's? Always a sign that something is going down when the braintrust is in there.

Something about the Fens and Yankee Stadium in general. I have been to lots of Rockies games of late but the environment in a word is LAME!

I saw a Sox game at Fenway about a month ago and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a change!

My first game as a kid was a Sox / Yankees game at Fenway when I was around six. I can still remember the Yankee fan being held down while another guy lit his hat on fire! I kid not.

Ah the memories :)

TBL - you ever catch Steinbrenner and his crew in Malio's? Always a sign that something is going down when the braintrust is in there.

Nah, I'm a poor college student and Malio's is a bit out of my price range(bennigans is about as much as I can afford :( ) btw I don't think he'd be too happy with my thoughts on Brian Cashman... am I the only one that finds his last name ironic?

But my best friend met DJ at her work in downtown, her boss knows him... She got to sit in his ferrari! lol

The only Yankee that I recall ever meeting was Lou Pinella, but it was when he was the manager for the Mariners.

TBL as long as you can afford the Press Box down the road all is ok..which local college (HCC/UT/USF) are you a poor student at..

I must say Ponty..times have changed though I was in the Bleachers on opening day a few years back when beer was still allowed and saw a guy with a Sox hat just spend the day lazily in right field...some boos, etc sure..but nothing like it used to be...when society has gone that pc...I worry about it..

the best pro athlete in that Tampa Palms area was Sampras, he used to just chill out and eat at the Waffle House each morning..