Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hitz14

shockdoctor hockey bag

has anybody used or seen one of these yet,im talking about the ones that have the little fan blower thing that ataches and dries out the equip, also how much are they going to be priced at?

The bag is $90. The blower is $60.

JR, curious, did you get the old model bags? $90 is below cost on the new models. Thge older models msrp was $90, but the new models is $129

Thats ridicules I allready pay $1000 bucks for skates CND

Thats you're fault, not Shockdoctors.

They're not forcing anyone to buy it.

To follow-up...., I wasn't sure if I wanted to try the bag, but my wife saw it and "highly" suggested I try it to avoid the smelling equipment in the garage/basement when drying. She's a dentist and knows a thing or two about sterilizing! So, the concept seems ok - fan with heat and ozone to dry the equipment, so I took the plunge to try it.

I've used the bag a few times now. The layout is great - plenty of room and organized. And it does dry and "clean" as advertised - I'm pleased so far with the performance.

It's very large for me though - I am used to a smaller (32") non-roll bag. Tough in smaller locker rooms. It barely fits in my MB S-class trunk. NOt sure of the weight. Plus it turns a few heads in the locker room with puzzled looks and questions. But I think it will come into it's own as it becomes more available.

As the bag was a display from JR, I contacted Shock Doctor for manual/warranty info - and they were really nice and helpful. They forwarded the hang tag pdf - basically with additional feature info and a layout of where all the equipment goes - helpful as you try to figure out the maze. They also gave me the warranty info (90 days on the bag, 1 year on the blower for defects, not misuse or wear/tear).

As far as I know, the production bags/blowers are not yet available, although I told them I would forward this MSH thread to them.

If there are specific questions, post here and I will try to help.

Keith

yeah...the blower is about 6 pounds, so 13 lbs. for the bag is probably about right. It's a heavy bag.

From the few times I have used it, the equipment is dry after using the blower rather than the next day+. Not sure if the order is eliminated as compared to drying normally....I will have to use it more to see.

I think he's wondering if previous odours are gone, ex: if your gloves smelled bad before getting the bag, do they not smell bad anymore after being dried in the bag?

ok.....I just washed all my equipment prior to starting to use the bag, so I can't answer this right now. In the past, I usually washed my equipment after about 2 months of use when it does smell bad, so I'm curious how the bag will effect the equipment after 2 months done the line.

yeah...the blower is about 6 pounds, so 13 lbs. for the bag is probably about right. It's a heavy bag.

From the few times I have used it, the equipment is dry after using the blower rather than the next day+. Not sure if the order is eliminated as compared to drying normally....I will have to use it more to see.

Yes, the bags are freaking heavy! I just moved my store and had 18 of those suckers packed two apiece to a box. However, moving them around the store today, and moving other 40" wheel bags, they didn't seem that much heavier than them.

i hear that next year shockdoctor is going to release a bag that is 32g lighter. Should make your trip to and from your car faster.

JR, is it true that the bag itself is all of 13 lbs? Excluding the blower?

THe weight of the package to kredmore was 21 lbs.

Thanks, JR. I'm going to have to re-think this then. I was planning on getting one for tournaments, but the airlines are already strict on the weight of the baggage you carry. If the bag and blower alone are 13-21 lbs, then the equipment itself, then the street clothes, etc., etc.

Thanks for the info, kredmore.

Awesome! The investment isn't cheap to begin with and all the info possible would benefit all interested parties.