Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeymom

One90 Transition and Skate Profiling

True her foot is wide at the front, narrow at the heel. Instep...I donno...what's that?

Now that you mention it, she's in a Mission size 7, and it is a size to big. They were bought for her mom. I hadn't even thought of that, but I will start with measureing her foot. Her Inline skates are Mission size 6.5, and are a higher end boot, i.e. stiffer.

All the hockey shops here have High School kids sharpening, and I rarely get a consistant cut much less a consistant answer on any other I ask them about.

The issue I noticed from Hockey mom's video was that her girls stride seemed to be more straight legged as my daughter's is. And now feel that getting her the right skates will help her tremendously. But as you so aptly pointed out, her pitch and all other issues are dramatically different ass soon as I get her in some skates that fit.

Thanks again.

If you e-mail me her foot I can give you a couple recomondations as well as tell her ladies shoe size.

Again very sorry for the rant really long day and just checking the site and thought it was something it wasnt!

can you say dumb dumb!!! I can...LOL

:D

No worries...it's easy to be ambiguous when you're just typing away without any body language. I need to use more smilies.

Again very sorry for the rant really long day and just checking the site and thought it was something it wasnt!

can you say dumb dumb!!! I can...LOL

:D

No worries...it's easy to be ambiguous when you're just typing away without any body language. I need to use more smilies.

hey thanks a lot for understanding and to all that have written or contacted hope allis working out for you folks stay in touch!

If a heel lift is added does anything need to be done as far as adjusting the rocker?

Not necessarily, Jake, although the reason for the lift is to get you on your toes and help you corner better, so you may want to get more of a forward lean, but I would skate on the lifts first with your regular rocker so you don't have too radical a change from what you are now using. The profile can always be tweaked after.

If a heel lift is added does anything need to be done as far as adjusting the rocker?

Not necessarily, Jake, although the reason for the lift is to get you on your toes and help you corner better, so you may want to get more of a forward lean, but I would skate on the lifts first with your regular rocker so you don't have too radical a change from what you are now using. The profile can always be tweaked after.

I would concur there Dr.Yvan12

I'm gonna toss a vouch in here too for how huge of a difference a properly fit skate and a good profiling helps. I had out of the box skates before this year, but now with my FL12's we had them setup properly, heel lifts done, had the holders moved over quite a bit due to my supination, with a different radius and hollow. The FL12's out of the box felt great compared to my old junky skates, but it's night and day before the profiling compared to before.

I'm gonna toss a vouch in here too for how huge of a difference a properly fit skate and a good profiling helps. I had out of the box skates before this year, but now with my FL12's we had them setup properly, heel lifts done, had the holders moved over quite a bit due to my supination, with a different radius and hollow. The FL12's out of the box felt great compared to my old junky skates, but it's night and day before the profiling compared to before.

Tokes, you are living proof (along with Hockeymom's daughter and many others) that us 'Pro Shop' types aren't really full of crap and may even know what we are talking about when it comes to recommending and doing skate contouring to custom fit your needs :blink: . BTW, the guy or gal who fit you and recommended the profile and the blade realignment really know what they are doing. You are fortunate to have found them.

I have something bothering me for awhile now and I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing . I have my sons skates countered at 13% radius 5/8 hollow he skates are 4 1/2 D.

He plays foward position, he is a pretty good skater. My question is lots of people tell me 13% radius is too much for a kid 10 years old , and others say I should go higher. My feeling is to stay at 13% or go lower to 11% radius? Any sugestion?

Hope I'm not going too much of the topic , if I am sorry

I have something bothering me for awhile now and I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing . I have my sons skates countered at 13% radius 5/8 hollow he skates are 4 1/2 D.

He plays foward position, he is a pretty good skater. My question is lots of people tell me 13% radius is too much for a kid 10 years old , and others say I should go higher. My feeling is to stay at 13% or go lower to 11% radius? Any sugestion?

Hope I'm not going too much of the topic , if I am sorry

I have to agree with JR. At 13' your son is on speed skates (or skis) which is great for speed and stability, but as JR says, you have to turn once in a while to play hockey. Going to an 11' or even a 9' will increase his maneuverability 10 fold. And in this game you have to be agile. Also, being a forward, I would probably have his skates contoured to a forward's cut to allow him to get up on his toes for quicker starts. I would not, however go it all at once. Start with an 11' radius, then a forwards contour, then if necessary go to a 9' radius with the forwards contour.

Damn missed got beat to it again!!!!!!!!!!! Well have to agree with my cohort above!

OTG, you are working too hard. Got to spend more time on MSH lol. ;)

Thank you so much guys. That was bothering me, when I used to see him take a tight glide turn around a player or cone, he used to open wide on a turn but it never looked right. I am going take your advice and counter his skates to 11' radius and take it from there.

Thank you so much guys. That was bothering me, when I used to see him take a tight glide turn around a player or cone, he used to open wide on a turn but it never looked right. I am going take your advice and counter his skates to 11' radius and take it from there.

Let us know if this is still to much steel and see if he needs to go down to a 10".

Interesting.

I"ve noticed my radius has dropped (more curve) now than when I purchased them about 2 years ago.

I have the bolt on CCM blades so I wonder if I should get new blades or maybe spring for profiling.

Anyone know of a profiler in the Baltimore Washington area?

Interesting.

I"ve noticed my radius has dropped (more curve) now than when I purchased them about 2 years ago.

I have the bolt on CCM blades so I wonder if I should get new blades or maybe spring for profiling.

For Sports, in the Gardens ice house at laurel do profiling.

I haven't had it done to my skates, but I know they do it there.

Interesting.

After 2 years on a CCM I would go with a new blade. Well depending on how many sharpenings.

Dont forget if they were stock when you got them and the profile was never changed you had an 11" radius so if you feel you dont have the speed you had i would say you probably shoulg for new ones espically if you have had more than 50 sharpenings over the 2 years.

Hey how is the young guy doing with the correction in Profile?

Thank you so much guys. That was bothering me, when I used to see him take a tight glide turn around a player or cone, he used to open wide on a turn but it  never looked right. I am going take your advice and  counter his skates to 11' radius and take it from there.

Hey how is the young guy doing with the correction in Profile?

From his first skate I noticed a diffrence. His maneuverabilty chanded for the better. He is able to fake around players, pull a spin-o-rama move without choppiness. Overall, turning in either direction seems more smooth and tighter ,

not as wide as before. His speed I din't notice diffence. Looks like my son had no troubles adjusting. Now do I need to change the lie on the blade to a foward picth or heel raise, or leave it be for a few months. If I do go with a foward profile which is better ? I guess heel rasing saves on the blade.