Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeymom

One90 Transition and Skate Profiling

Hello!

I have read a few pages and have learned alot but i was wondering how i get my skates done.

i also have just bought one90s and have just warn them out of the box. here in new zealand that seems to be all you can do. over here i have never heard of heel lifts and the such and the only cut on the blade you can get is a standard one. you have to ask the rink to get them 'sharpened' and if you ask if they can do a specific cut or lie they look at you like your talking out of your ass.

I seem to have the same problems as the ladie in the start of the clip. poor lateral movement and standing to up right. i am an extremely strong inline skater but i cant transfer this to ice. can you help me?

Well with out a good shop this is going to be a little hard to do! Is there any shops around there that do profiling?

If you find a good shop I can type you out step by step intructions.

Just wondering do you know a girl from your national team named Casey?

um i dont really know the womens team, im on the under 18 nz team but other than that im pretty out of it.

can you send me those instructions and ill try get someone onto it?

thanks heaps

If they haven't done it before, you don't want them to experiment on yours.

my One90's will be in on Tuesday... the mgr at my lhs is going to put that 1mm heel lift on them (Thanks, JR!) and then he said we'll take 'babysteps' from there.... if a radius is called for, we'll do it. He is adamant on finding that perfect setup for me, and my new skates. He's actually been encouraging me to go from an 11ft radius (on my RBKs) to a 9ft anyways (as OldTrainerGuy suggested as well, so thanks as well!)... he was joking "You didn't need to spend $550 on skates to do that!"... I needed a change... my RBK 8k's can feel like beartraps or "cast-y" sometimes.

um i dont really know the womens team, im on the under 18 nz team but other than that im pretty out of it.

thanks heaps

PM me and I will go through it with you via E-mail or something

Okay here's the latest on my situation. I spoke with a well respected guy at my LHS and we talked about some options but decided to skate on them for a few more games to avoid making any rash decisions on profiling the skates. So, I've skated a few more games on them and now that I'm used to the shorter holder and the new boot (stiff and light woohoo) I feel like I'm skating on my heels.

I spoke with him about profiling and he recommended we look into lifting the heel slightly to put my weight more to the balls of my feet. We discussed rockering the blade but he recommended "shimming" the heel a bit instead. Reasons being it's non-destructive and saves sharpening life on the steel. Seemed logical and like I said he's pretty well respected. Guys drive from an hour or more away to have him sharpen their skates.

So, OTG's original recommendation was to consider having them radiused to 11' and possibly a forward lean. Based having skated on the one90's some more and now consistently feeling that I'm back on my heels...does having the heel lifted slightly sound like a good step? He said that's the process he's done for several skaters experiencing the same "on my heels" feeling in the one90's and it's been well received.

What do you guys think?

And, as always, thanks for all the help

Not to be an ass, but that is exactly what this thread is about - it is better to put a lift than to radius the steel as there isn't as much steel to work with. This is what I did when I ordered my customs back in January and this is what OTG did for hockeymom's daughter.

Not to be an ass, but that is exactly what this thread is about - it is better to put a lift than to radius the steel as there isn't as much steel to work with.  This is what I did when I ordered my customs back in January and this is what OTG did for hockeymom's daughter.

Sorry if I asked anything already answered in the thread. I'm not familiar with all the profiling terms and what the right course of action is based on what I'm experiencing. Originally I was thinking OTG's recommendation of a "forward lean" was equating to "forward rocker" (grinding down the steel). It's a little tough for me, being unfamiliar with skate profiling, to equate what recommendations I get here with what my LHS guy is saying. Needless to say I know 100 times more than I did 4 weeks ago thanks mainly to this forum.

Anyways, I'm just trying to make sure I'm headed in the right direction before I ask a LHS guy to take a hammer, grinder, guillotine, chainsaw, etc to some $600 skates. :)

Thanks

thanks heaps

PM me and I will go through it with you via E-mail or something

Actually she is coming back there her Visa wasnt renewed and I am seeing her tomorrow maybe your shop would hire her as she knows how to do al of this~

thanks heaps

OOPS forgot I already answered that.

Hey OTG, Diane tried that "something different" you did with her skates in a game tonight and was blown away! She asked me to thank you because she just had the "most amazing skate of my whole entire life". I'll have to chat with you about what you did...

Hey OTG, Diane tried that "something different" you did with her skates in a game tonight and was blown away! She asked me to thank you because she just had the "most amazing skate of my whole entire life". I'll have to chat with you about what you did...

Cant tell you its "TOP SECRET" !!!!! Now you have to drive all of the province to catch me...LOL

Hey OTG, Diane tried that "something different" you did with her skates in a game tonight and was blown away!  She asked me to thank you because she just had the "most amazing skate of my whole entire life".  I'll have to chat with you about what you did...

Cant tell you its "TOP SECRET" !!!!! Now you have to drive all of the province to catch me...LOL

Jeez.... THAT's exactly what she said last night... "Hope you're ok with driving all over the place to have OTG do my skates" LOL

Well, at least it's not "National" - oops, that's another thread...LOL

Seriously, thanks a bunch.

Whats the other thread?

Oh just a silly joke OTG. From that thread about National Sports' sale... where someone was bugged that "National Sports" isn't truly a national chain and is only in Ontario.

I don't know if I could afford the gas if I had to "stalk" you further than the province...lol

Whats the other thread?

Oh just a silly joke OTG. From that thread about National Sports' sale... where someone was bugged that "National Sports" isn't truly a national chain and is only in Ontario.

I don't know if I could afford the gas if I had to "stalk" you further than the province...lol

Farthest i am going is Tennesse in 2 weeks

Whats the other thread?

damn. You need to come to NC. I need your help!

Whats the other thread?

damn. You need to come to NC. I need your help!

Dont need to come thre go see Wally at the Hurricanes he will set you right...or send me a video and I can make a suggestion.