Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Madden '07

Does anyone know off hand if the controls for Regular XBox will be similar (2 Analog control + Triggers). That looks great...

Yes, this game is coming out on regular Xbox as well as PS2....BUT....you have to use the old control scheme with the buttons, you don't get dual analog stick control. EA has said that the next gen console has given them so much more power to do things and that is why the game will be far superior on the Xbox 360. I also think they won't even have the 'realistic' puck action on the current gen systems because it requires a big processor as in the 360.

im getting a ps3 for my birthday

I guess you won't get to play NHL 07 then, and you'll have to wait for 08. EA has confirmed they won't be able to make NHL 07 for the PS3 launch.

Just to add my 2 cents to the debate over xbox 360 vs. PS3. I've found it's almost like politics now, some people will listen to facts and make a choice based on the relative pros and cons, but others are pure fanboys and will buy the system that they've always wanted to buy.

At first I was open to facts when I chose the Xbox over the PS2, but now I'm probably a 360 fanboy. ;) I think their system will be nearly as good graphics wise (confirmed by many online publications if you care to do some research), the online experience with Xbox is far and away superior to anything Sony has produced or likely will just because of the length of time xbox has been doing it, and the price for the xbox is going to be within reach of many more people.

I think the flaw with Sony is that they forgot that they built such a huge lead in the gaming market becuase they were first to market with a good system (ie. PS One) and accessible (prices were reasonable). That's why they've sold something like 200 millions systems. When the PS3 comes out for around $600 and then add on games and accessories and you're looking more around $800, are they going to sell anywhere near 200 million more systems???? Not likely. It's not just me questioning them either. I've seen articles in publications such as the Wall Street Journal wondering whether Sony is going to get hurt by this strategy. The winners are going to be xbox and Nintendo if they fail to capture the masses like they had before.

Don't get me wrong though, I want Sony to remain competitive. Without competition you end up with Madden 06 and 07. B)

im getting a ps3 for my birthday

I guess you won't get to play NHL 07 then, and you'll have to wait for 08. EA has confirmed they won't be able to make NHL 07 for the PS3 launch.

Just to add my 2 cents to the debate over xbox 360 vs. PS3. I've found it's almost like politics now, some people will listen to facts and make a choice based on the relative pros and cons, but others are pure fanboys and will buy the system that they've always wanted to buy.

At first I was open to facts when I chose the Xbox over the PS2, but now I'm probably a 360 fanboy. ;) I think their system will be nearly as good graphics wise (confirmed by many online publications if you care to do some research), the online experience with Xbox is far and away superior to anything Sony has produced or likely will just because of the length of time xbox has been doing it, and the price for the xbox is going to be within reach of many more people.

I think the flaw with Sony is that they forgot that they built such a huge lead in the gaming market becuase they were first to market with a good system (ie. PS One) and accessible (prices were reasonable). That's why they've sold something like 200 millions systems. When the PS3 comes out for around $600 and then add on games and accessories and you're looking more around $800, are they going to sell anywhere near 200 million more systems???? Not likely. It's not just me questioning them either. I've seen articles in publications such as the Wall Street Journal wondering whether Sony is going to get hurt by this strategy. The winners are going to be xbox and Nintendo if they fail to capture the masses like they had before.

Don't get me wrong though, I want Sony to remain competitive. Without competition you end up with Madden 06 and 07. B)

Then theres people like me who invest too much in our computers to even bother with consoles.

Well, I lied. I actually just got a gamecube because it was a really good deal and they have the best party games bar none.

Then theres people like me who invest too much in our computers to even bother with consoles.

Well, I lied. I actually just got a gamecube because it was a really good deal and they have the best party games bar none.

There's a video version of russian roulette?

There's a video version of russian roulette?

http://www.ingleby.com/Junk/Games/rrl_swf/...an_roulette.htm

I haven't found the gamecube version yet.

There is no way now we can tell which one is better,and why is everyone arguing about something that is not important. And the $80 game price isn't a rumor, my cousin works for Sony and says they will be around $100.

Yup, my friend works at Comp USA and his store is going to be selling most games for $90, some are going to be $80. Thats the price you pay for the newest advanced technology.

At least you won't spend $100 for a new game, take one slapshot with it and watch it break before your eyes right after you threw away the receipt. :lol:

As opposed to buying a new game with a scratched disc and they refuse to replace it?

You've had that? I've never had a bad disc in all my years buying games (new of course). My good luck I guess.

Anyway, that's why I like buying from Costco, they take back anything.

Just a question, how do you do a QB slide when scrambling in madden. It says press "X" on the Xbox version but whenever i do I dive head first and fumble the ball.

i have decided to get my ps3 for ym b-day, then sell it on ebay for more then its worth...lol

but then ill buy a wii and games and stuff and have money left over!

First smart thing I've seen you think of is getting a Wii, but what the hell does that have to do with the thread?

JShera-

No clue on the slide and I've been trying to figure that out for years. Then again I have Bledsoe and he's not moving anywhere.

You make it sound like getting him out of the pocket is possible.

I've tried - THAT is when you run into serious problems - and failed miserably. What's really sad is the fact that I believe the video game made him a little more mobile than he actually is in reality.

It's horrible. Every time I play my friends they'll play with Baltimore and just send the hounds after me. Playing with Bledsoe against a blitz is like when someone called your play on Super Tecmo Bowl.

Well, for all the times I have gotten Drew sacked (yeah, I'll take the blame), he hasn't put the ball on the ground yet, so I suppose I have to give him that much.

I give lots of credit to Bledsoe himself... he might not help himself getting out of those situations, but man that guy gets up after every play that he gets a beating on.

I've had problems with the dive option for years with the game. I think if your QB has decent running stats, they do the head first dive. I usually play as the falcons and it happens with Vick in every madden for the last 3 years

I think he did it during the filming for that ESPN Mobile commercial.

Apparantly he did it in Week 2. Could explain his less-than-stellar performance in Week 3.