Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

So i skated with Ovechkin

I went to my rink today to skate before im off to camp, and i noticed when i was changing that there was a guy with a mirrored visor and platinum and black vector skates on the ice... turns out that it was Ovechkin.. it was amazing watching him play, and he made you play better. It truly was a treat to see this and play with him amongst other NHLers

so let me get this strait, you got to the rink and he was on the Ice scrimaging with other NHLers probably and they let you on the ice and you actualy played with him?

Wow, thats an amazing story, the part where you played with him is hard to beleive but hell it could happen, did you stap pics of the so called black vectors?

You have to be a pretty good player to even be in his time sone in terms of skating...

As unbelievable as it may sound, it's pretty hard to document any proof for it. I sure as hell don't bring a camera with me anytime I go to a rink other than my phone and that's locked away during the time I skate. Hell, I was at the table next to Kirk Maltby a few weeks ago at breakfast and didn't do anything to acknowledge who he was other than nod at him and point to my Leafs hat.

But why in the hell would somebody like Ovechkin be in a little town, playing dropin? I'm not saying that its impossible to see nhl players out there (I have), but somebody like Ovechkin, in a small town, with NO press coverage is leaving the lingering scent of bullshit.

im in Thornhill just north of toronto

I went to my rink today to skate before im off to camp, and i noticed when i was changing that there was a guy with a mirrored visor and platinum and black vector skates on the ice... turns out that it was Ovechkin.. it was amazing watching him play, and he made you play better. It truly was a treat to see this and play with him amongst other NHLers

I also sense BS.

Unless you are in new york, because if you are, its a little but not much more plausible.

Todays Washington Times said ovey missed the early skating sessions with some of the other caps (kolzig, johnson, morrisson and prospect from this area (DC) Stephen Werner) because he was in new york shooting a Sports Illustrated photo piece with Crosby, he left toronto yesterday (sept 5th)

Caps players begin informal workouts

By Dave Fay

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

September 6, 2006

See the date in the quote

Star left wing Alex Ovechkin was attending a press conference in Toronto yesterday to announce his joining Right To Play, described as an international humanitarian organization designed to bring sports to children in disadvantaged areas

that was yesterday, and now....

Ovechkin also will miss today's skate to be in New York to take part in a Sports Illustrated photo shoot with Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby

Yeah, good point Mack. I don't want to start an argument here, but honestly, if you were skating around and saw Ovechkin there, you wouldn't of went back to get your camera phone? That's assuming hyprlte does have a camera phone.

Yeah, good point. I don't want to start an argument here, but honestly, if you were skating around and saw Ovechkin there, you wouldn't of went back to get your camera phone? That's assuming hyprlte does have a camera phone.

I wouldn't. I've met a number of famous people (mostly musicians and athletes) and for me it's enough to just talk with them for a few minutes. I know who I've met and talked to and I have no need to prove anything to anyone.

Yeah, good point. I don't want to start an argument here, but honestly, if you were skating around and saw Ovechkin there, you wouldn't of went back to get your camera phone? That's assuming hyprlte does have a camera phone.

I wouldn't. I've met a number of famous people (mostly musicians and athletes) and for me it's enough to just talk with them for a few minutes. I know who I've met and talked to and I have no need to prove anything to anyone.

Maybe so, but Hyprlte is just north of toronto, where ovey was yesterday, he posted this today, when ovey is in new york

Shennaniganery I think

Maybe he skipped out on the photo shoot though, I don't know, but I'm with Chadd in the school of thought that I would leave him be. Player-wise I've met a few but the only one I'd ever bother with anything is a guy I've grown up around ever since I moved here. Granted there's a slim shot anyone here does anything that will bring them acclaim but I'd prefer to be just be left alone. Then again if I were in Ovechkin's shoes I'd be in more women than Tampax or at least trying to be.

I don't get what the big deal is. People lie and say stupid shit on here all the time. It isn't like anyone on here is going to think any more of the kid or want to be his friend now.

The yahoo sports article posted in the other thread says..

Ovechkin has been in Toronto since Aug. 9 to step up his workouts. He also had his wisdom teeth pulled out, which he didn't like much.

"Nobody" skates IN Toronto - most of the rinks are in the outlying areas... like Thornhill. The gym my daughter trains at has been largely closed to us lowly types the last few weeks in favour of the NHL and near-NHL types.

hahahahahaha!!!!! good work Allsmokenopancake!! but i do have one question, where the hell were you when the oj case was going on!!!! what a lying punk ass!!

I didn't catch the "today" part and I don't know - obviously - if it is true or not, but conceivably it could have been an early morning skate. Enough time for hyprite to get back home to post at 11am and for Ovy to catch a plane to NY.

Hell, if I was him, faced with the mind-numbing prospect of a photo-shoot all day, I'd lace up the skates in the morning before leaving!

* edit spelling - oops "i before e except after c"

ok here is what happened believe it or not.

There is a rink about 5 mins north of toronto called the pavilion where there is a hockey school called Jim Thompsons powerhouse hockey... there have been a bunch of players that trained there when they were on their way to the NHL such as raffi torres, jarrett stoll, mike camalleri, jason spezza (excuse the mispelled names) and they keep going back there every summer to skate and do drills. Usually when aug/sept comes around there are a bunch of pros that train there along with minor leaguers (ohl ahl ext...) Now there were a couple of players who were capitals and today when i got dressed with some guys and we went on the ice ovechkin was there and we did drills/scrimmage.And as for the skates.. im sorry but i dont take cameras with me to the rink.. but i will try to use photoshop or with someone whos good at it to remake what i saw..

and the skate was at 10 am, and as soon as it was 11 he was off the ice. Everyone else practiced untill 11:30..And there was nobody there because from what i heard he did want a quiet skate

I just had lunch with Rhonda from HR. I didn't interrupt her mandarin chicken salad to take a pic, so if you don't believe me I have a big order of Schwetty Balls for you to munch on.

I would just like to say that I have no problems believing you.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is. Norht of the border this is rather common.

NHL'ers prefer small rinks not to be bothered.

It's believable, but why would they be at a place that is open to the public...wouldnt' they have something closed (like the one Malkin was at in LA) were fans could watch...but weren't getting on the ice with them?

I would just like to say that even though it's shinny in some rinks the level is so high that pro's and jr's come for a quick skate throughout the summer.

I could remember in summers past thinking I'd better start getting in shape... summer is close.

And I don't know how to explain it ...it just doesn't feel right asking for pictures.

Just in my area there are at least 3 rinks where pro's have skated with mere mortals.