Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

New gear in pro hockey(or gear sitings, lol)

No Vectors for him...ditched the Koho on his mask too.

It's the rbk vector graphic. The mask is a Protech.

Ohh...yeah I'm outta the loop.

Btw, does Hasek look realllly small, figured he's be bigger.

I haven't been too sharp the fast few days, getting 5 hours of sleep and waking up at 5... plus school and work. Yeah, don't mind me.

why are most pro goalies getting their own pads of their choice and having newer graphics? why can't the manufactors (sp?) give them what the want with the right graphics. ie h10's with vector graphic.

like if hasek likes the bonics so much then people should know that it's a bonic

why are most pro goalies getting their own pads of their choice and having newer graphics? why can't the manufactors (sp?) give them what the want with the right graphics. ie h10's with vector graphic.

like if hasek likes the bonics so much then people should know that it's a bonic

We do know they are Bionics... :D

Ok here's the reasoning as best I can explain it. You have two different conflicting viewpoints trying to come to a compromise.

On one hand you have a goalie who grew up for the better part of his career playing in a very specific piece or type of equipment. He plays best when he's comfortable and his playing at his best is what keeps him on the team and earning a pay cheque. So he likes .... oh say his Bionics or H10's. So he get's to the NHL and wants his Bionics or H10's. They feel like home and make him happy.

now here's the dilemma.

The manufacturer has all kinds of the latest and greatest gear that they want to move. And, they want to move it on a regular basis. It's that whole cash flow thing. In order to do this they use idol worship amongst the throngs of hopeful goalies out there everywhere to drive their business. It goes something like this. You are watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you see Roloson playing in what looks like Summit pads for the Oilers. And he's playing it hot. I mean, he's stealing games. Man do you wish you could play like that. But wait...you can. TPS will sell you a pair of pads that look just like his! etc etc. You see where I'm going with this...

Now what the camera isn't showing you in any great detail is Rolosons pads...which are X-Lites with Summit graphics...You either don't notice, or don't care, and head down to your local hockey shop with a fist full of dollars and grab a pair of Summits right off the shelf....and everyone lives happily ever after.

(Until next season when a new model with new graphics comes out...)

And that's the story about how the hockey companies make all their money. Or something like that....

See how I still related this all to the TPS stuff... :D This is so much fun.

There's more to it as well such as how the companies pay the NHL to have their equipment there. ex This season...no CCM labelled goalie gear. RBK Premier and RBK Vector now...saves CCM $25,000US per piece of labelled gear or something like that... But it's quitting time here and my fingers are getting tired of typing...

lol...I noticed that too....I just chalked it up to U.S.A. = North America.

Isn't Canada a state yet? :P

Nah, it would be bigger than Texas and that's a federal offense. Alaska doesn't exist either, it's just a figment of your imagination.

wouldn't that be cool if canada was a state? that means a better USA hockey team for the olympics, no customs fee for shipping from canada, and we can now say that the pro gear are actually made in USA. so wouldn't that be awesome?

wow those sherwoods looks like a bulleye to me, is that good or bad?

hasek still needs to work on his game or red wings are screwed again

theo's gloves looks awesome but why is he not wearing his matching pads??

some from the link on the toolbar, some from another goalie forum(some of the guys go to training camps and stuff). Example, these pics were from gsbb member spidergoalie

244253171_9537b09a4e.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

luongostand_b.jpg

luongomasktop_b.jpg

luongomaskback_b.jpg

luongomaskside_b.jpg

his mask symbolizes Vancouver well:

Bears - West Coast / British Columbia

Mountains - Vancouver / B.C

Bridge at the back - Lion's Gate Bridge

Whale tail on the chin

Pink panther tail curling at the back for his trademark

Vancouver city skyline

as for his pads, just RBK 2s with cloutier's old colours, navy, silver and maroon trim