Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2007 SyNergy SE Elite stick

Mine just came in. Weighs in at 458g for an 85 flex Heatley grip, measures about 60" to heel. Wow these sticks are tall - in bare feet it goes to up to my hairline - probably have to cut about 4.5", whereas just removing the plug from 2005's was perfect. Seems alot flexier than my '05 sticks, but that might be because of the length.

.......And because no stick has it's true weight stamped on it. I think the 425 gram basis for the SL was a Forsberg without the plug in it.

So today I get home from school , drive into my garage and see this big box sitting on my doorstep. I think to myself, nice this must be my other 2 SE's from the toy drive. I sent in about $260 and was one of the first to get a stick, but I only got one right away.

So I take a look at the packing slip and sure enough, it's from Easton. But there's a mistake, it says "QTY: 3". I think to myself it's probably a typo and there's only 2 more in there.

I open up the box, and sure enough, 3 more Forsberg 85 SE's jump out at me, all up in my grill. So I ended up with 4 sticks, and I'm completely jacked right now. I think I'm going to give one to my LHS to display/sell for his own profit because of all the deals I've gotten from him in the past.

If they email me through the message board saying they want it back I will send it back without a doubt. I wrote on the board what happened, so they should be well aware of it. Whether its a mistake or not, I'm not sure, but I'm going to keep it unless Easton advises me otherwise. Maybe I'll send it to someone on here to test out for a review.

I don't think its for last time because I got 2 Syntheses out of that deal. I've just had good luck with these.

BTW, I wouldn't give him a headache if something similar happened as last time. I did not own one stick last time and was banking on the Synthesis for the rest of my season, that's why I was in such a rush to get it. Although I'll admit, I was a little bitch about it back then. LOL

Like I said, if they contact me about it I will send it back. I will keep one unused just in case that happens.

I think I'm going to give one to my LHS to display/sell for his own profit because of all the deals I've gotten from him in the past.

seeing the initial gesture was for charity... I would inform Easton directly about the error. If they say "no big deal, keep it" sell it and donate the profit to your local food back or something. Karma, man.. all about the Karma.

What would Earl Hickey do??

Your an idiot. It was for charity, and not supposed to be taken as a "deal"

There's a million charities why would everyone pick this one obviously for the stick idiot.

Used my 100 Flex Forsberg Grip today and I must say I am not impressed with the stick so far. Coming from the Vapor XXX Lite the blade on the SE blade felt dead and I didnt feel like I was getting the kick on my shots like I did with the XXX Lites. Although I did hate the XXX Lite at first, so I may just have to give this another chance or two before I make my final opinion on the stick.

Your an idiot. It was for charity, and not supposed to be taken as a "deal"

There's a million charities why would everyone pick this one obviously for the stick idiot.

Maybe the fourteenmillion users around here who are stick-whores as well?

Anyways, i wanted to take part, but when i checked date, the contest was already finished. What a pity.

Yeah I agree. I posted on the Easton board about that but in reality, that's not my true opinion of it. I mean, its not to the point where i feel guilty because I get the sticks in return, but I do understand that there is no one that would send anything in if no sticks were being sent out in return. I definitely wouldn't have. That's just the way people are.

And I don't like when people continuously try to take the side of the good guy and say they did it for the kids. I know that may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me if you saw my post on the other board, but that's how I feel.

I would have not sent anything to easton (a multi million dollar compagny) if there was nothing in return.

I did in fact give and donated time and money over a cause here in montreal.Cause one of my sons has a rare bone desease and we are part of the on going stuff that Montreal children/sainte-justine does to help kids like mine.

And on another side note I think its stupid to try and justify ourself that did the easton toy drive on the INTERNET!

Havok / Willie