Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Post Your Team's Jersey(s) Thread

If your teammates are like mine you just have to worry about them washing it, period. Ours would be structurally fine and yellow <_<

No kidding, we just got our jerseys from SubliTwill this past fall, and there's one or two people (our captain namely) that literally has not washed theirs yet. Thing can just about skate and play a game of hockey on its own... and don't even get me started on the smell. Moral of story... wash your clothes and follow the washing instructions.

No kidding, we just got our jerseys from SubliTwill this past fall, and there's one or two people (our captain namely) that literally has not washed theirs yet. Thing can just about skate and play a game of hockey on its own... and don't even get me started on the smell. Moral of story... wash your clothes and follow the washing instructions.

Dude, never wash your jersey mid-season. That's bad karma. I'll run mine through a couple cycles at the end of the season, but never part way through.

I mean really- mine gets washed after every game. As do my socks, skate socks, undershirt and jock.

Why the hell would you not wash them? Is it really that hard to put them in a machine with your clothes and press a few buttons?

I mean really- mine gets washed after every game. As do my socks, skate socks, undershirt and jock.

Why the hell would you not wash them? Is it really that hard to put them in a machine with your clothes and press a few buttons?

Exactly, if there's one thing about hockey that I cannot stand it is the smell of equipment, and clothing. Do not even get me started on the guys in summer hockey that just let their equipment bake in the trunks of their cars between ice-times. :blink:

Do not even get me started on the guys in summer hockey that just let their equipment bake in the trunks of their cars between ice-times. :blink:

As a guy who does this; I'm glad I can piss you off with my odor :P

If its really hot I'll take it out or if im not going to play like within the next two days, but if i'm skating the next day, i don't see the point... You'll just have to put it back in there eventually. And what if you want to play spontaneously? You'd have to go home and go out of your way...

If its really hot I'll take it out or if im not going to play like within the next two days, but if i'm skating the next day, i don't see the point... You'll just have to put it back in there eventually. And what if you want to play spontaneously? You'd have to go home and go out of your way...

I'm talking about guys who play once a week and let it bake for 6+ days at a time.

WTF?!?!?! :huh::blink:

Just a superstition, like growing a beard in the playoffs or not touching the cup until you win it.

Some stuff (jock, undershirt, etc) gets washed regularly and everything is aired out between games but the jerseys don't get touched until the end of the season.

This is the wrong thread for a poll, but I can't be the only one on this board that does this, can I?

It gets aired out and dried right away and then back into the bag. That way it is ready and doesn't make me, or others, want to puke.

Thanks. A guy on my team has a brother that works for cartoon network. He did the logo for us.

Glad to see that someone there can actually draw and that they aren't all just doing webcomic quality work.

Be still my heart. Much like any other good funk group I guess. Maybe they'll get together in 15 years and do a small tour.

Creative differences between bandmates. Damn drummer acting a fool.

Nah, they added one more team in our division (a paid team as ours was employee/ex-employees) so we got the boot.

I have been tasked with putting together a new jersey for our team.

What I am looking for is a vintage look with twill numbers, and maybe a twill logo, or just the team name in twill.

Would like to keep costs under 40 bucks for per jersey. I know that sewing on the numbers and name bumps up price significantly

Anyone have advice or have used someone to put this together and can make some recommendations?

Thanks so much

It's a lot of work but you could buy the twill yourself and cut out and sew on the numbers and possibly the logo. I did it once for a set of my beer league team jerseys when I got stuck being team rep. when he ended up leaving town before the season started. Got some plain green jerseys locally that were marked down and made the name logo and numbers from tackle twill.

I usually get my tackle twill from a local seamstress (about $20 / meter) who the local sports store contract out for doing twill numbers. There are places online to get twill - could try twillusa.com, or jetcuts.com. their are probably others.

If looking for cheaper blank team jerseys may get lucky on ebay, or hockeyworld.com has some CCM jerseys in sold team colours in XL for $10 (Chicago- red, NYR - white), Kobe in XXL for $11 (Dallas - black), or practice jerseys XL for $6 (Eggplant)

Also, tallyhockeyjerseys.com has some blank retro hockey jerseys and they do twill numbers and logos. They may or may not be in your price range.

I have been tasked with putting together a new jersey for our team.

What I am looking for is a vintage look with twill numbers, and maybe a twill logo, or just the team name in twill.

Would like to keep costs under 40 bucks for per jersey. I know that sewing on the numbers and name bumps up price significantly

Anyone have advice or have used someone to put this together and can make some recommendations?

Thanks so much

Here mine.Team name is Marshalls.

sany0651.th.jpg

sany0652.th.jpg

And yea like the OP we are always the best loooking team we also have the socks with the logo of the team on it.